Monthly News Thread (January 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Curious to see where WWE would say he's from.

Everybody else they've ignored TNA time completely. Hell. They said Sting had been living in obscurity since WCW.

(not untrue but still)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Haha I can see TNA having the rights to the name EC3 so they name him something stupid like Ethan Victor3 or EV3

Impact recently changed their contracts.

They gave all the superstars the full rights to all the characters they portray.

It’s why we get to see “Woken” Matt Hardy right now

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Impact recently changed their contracts.

They gave all the superstars the full rights to all the characters they portray.

It’s why we get to see “Woken” Matt Hardy right now
Didn’t think that would apply retroactively to guys like EC3 who don’t have a trademark against the name or a chance at winning that trademark.

But wwe won’t have rights to EC3 so they might still do EV3( I hope lol)

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Didn’t think that would apply retroactively to guys like EC3 who don’t have a trademark against the name or a chance at winning that trademark.

But wwe won’t have rights to EC3 so they might still do EV3( I hope lol)
TNA have given free use of gimmicks to all current AND former talent.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
EC3 is too big a name to go to NXT right? Gotta debut at the rumble right? I wonder what gimmick they are gonna give him.

Also I’m so excited for this Alma’s vs. Gargano match, more so to see how ciammpa attacks him and when
They could debut him on NXT. They don't really consider Impact to be much exposure for guys.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Speaking of EC3, I'd hope his character work is close to what it was for Impact but I can understand going away from the EC3 name. In kayfabe, he was Ethan Carter III, Dixie's nephew. He obviously grew from that original gimmick and become a top guy on that brand and they just shortened his name to EC3. I think you can go back to the Bateman gimmick but have him be more like EC3...an arrogant suit-wearing heel. He'd be excellent on Smackdown.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
WWE Legend MVP has been added to next week’s RAW 25.

Yes, they referred to him as a legend :laugh:

I wonder if MVP quietly signed with the company and this is how they are bringing him back

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Bret's not going because he's meeting a hand surgeon on Monday and since that Surgeon flew in from Paris he won't cancel

Mick won't be going because he was just storyline fired a little bit ago and it makes no sense to the story to bring him back.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Del Rio wants to come back.
Impact Wrestling star Alberto El Patron appears to be working to rebuild his public image. While promoting a charity event this Saturday with proceeds going to orphaned children in Mexico, Alberto claims to have apologized to Triple H for ‘things he said about him in the past’ and hopes to return to WWE.

The article was in Spanish, a Google Translate version (i.e not perfect) of his comments are below:

“I apologized to Triple H for the issues we were in when I was with the relationship with my ex-partner. She and her entire family made me believe that those who affected our relationship were them, specifically him. She made me believe that the videos (compromising of the fighter) and all that was outside was by Triple H and the company. Surely before I retire I will do something special with them.”
Alberto El Patron Apologized to Triple H, Hopes for WWE Return - SEScoops

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I don't think the WWE would give a crap about his apology. There is zero percent chance that the WWE ever invites him back, and besides he's too boring and repetitive to stand out.

When your most exciting thing was running over Santa Clause a bunch of years ago, you suck.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't think the WWE would give a crap about his apology. There is zero percent chance that the WWE ever invites him back, and besides he's too boring and repetitive to stand out.

When your most exciting thing was running over Santa Clause a bunch of years ago, you suck.

WWE would totally invite ADR back if they felt like they can do something meaningful with him. The animosity stuff is not going to be a deterrent to him coming back. His boredom may be but they've always brought boring guys back on numerous occasions. ADR the last time being one example. lol

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They would definitely have him back. They are lacking for Mexican stars.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Samoa Joe was originally supposed to have a big spot in the Rumble with John Cena.

Now that spot is going to be given to Elias.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Del Rio is one of the blandest wrestlers I remember in WWE in the modern era. Literally brought nothing of value. He didn't do anything to hurt the product in the ring or on the mic, but he was so bland and boring.

WWE Legend MVP has been added to next week’s RAW 25.

Yes, they referred to him as a legend :laugh:

I wonder if MVP quietly signed with the company and this is how they are bringing him back

They already have so much talent. Jeez lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad