Monthly News Thread (January 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Otis Dozovic and Mandy Rose announced their engagement

EDIT: apparently it might just be banter, I dunno. what a weird concept of a couple though lol

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think I'd ever even acknowledge EC3 was Derrick Bateman. He went out and made himself with people barely knowing who he was in WWE, let that reputation stand for itself. Maybe do what they eventually did with Tye Dillinger and acknowledge he was there, but I don't need to see "I'm Derrick Bateman, I was here, I left, and now I'm back." It worked for McIntyre, it's been sketchy for Kassius Ohno, and I don't think that would work here.

For those confirmed, this might have to be up there as many the biggest-name NXT class of signings. Candace LeRae is already over in NXT, even though her rep seems to be that she always worked better with guys. War Machine got over in Japan, which is like impossible for tag teams. Ricochet is one of the 2 or 3 best people in the world as a light heavyweight. He should raise the level of NXT the way Finn Balor once did. He probably should be on the show, in a match, at Takeover. I'd totally be here for Ricochet vs. Roderick Strong.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It kind of makes you wonder what Roman's first suspension was actually for, though. Adderall was the speculated one, but, er...

Reigns also issued a statement

“I have never heard of Richard Rodriguez or Wellness Fitness Nutrition. I learned from the mistake I made nearly two years ago and paid the penalty for it. Since then, I’ve passed 11 tests as part of WWE’s independent drug testing program.”

Last edited:

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
lol Meltzer says Goldberg is in talks with NJPW to do bigger shows

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Meltzer has confirmed EC3 is heading to the WWE.

Lashley is expected too as well. WWE could seek TNA’s approval for Lashley to appear in the Rumble, which is just a few days before the February 1st date that Lashley’s contract said he had to wait for

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Was Derrick Bateman in the WWE, always showed some potential, went to TNA, and succeeded pretty much everyone’s expectations.

He was always very funny and entertaining in the (extremely) limited role he was given. You could see that the potential was there, similar to pre-Fandango.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Derrick Bateman, man, I actually really enjoyed him with Bryan. Come to WWE, go to SD and those two could be hilarious...

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Samoa Joe has been pulled from the Rumble and all events up to the March 16th event at MSG. He was supposed to face Reigns and Cena in a triple threat, however The Miz will fill in for Joe.

With WrestleMania just 3.5 weeks after that event, it's possible Joe could miss WrestleMania all together

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
EC3 is too big a name to go to NXT right? Gotta debut at the rumble right? I wonder what gimmick they are gonna give him.

Also I’m so excited for this Alma’s vs. Gargano match, more so to see how ciammpa attacks him and when

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
see I think Ciampa helps Gargano win. so he can take the title off him later in New Orleans. then Johnny can come up the night after Mania, and the eventual Ciampa debut will be huge

I know that means Gargano aint NXT champ for very long, but I like it story-wise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad