Monthly News Thread (December 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I love you, but you are being naive, my friend.

They'll give whoever the SmackDown challenge is the Rumble win.

They'll have Roman win a generic #1 contender's match the next night, or just flat out say Roman is the "only worthy challenger" and stuff.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I love you, but you are being naive, my friend.

Roman will win elimination chamber to set up his match with Lesnar.

SDL guy will probably win the Rumble.

If Bautista comes back he is my top pick and same goes with Bryan.

If not its either Roode or Orton, probably Orton again because Vince is Vince.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I don’t think he is. Elimination Chamber is a raw ppv and could easily be decided there

My hatred of the brand split is well known but man there should be one WWE champion at the very least allowed on both shows. Who cares about being the champion of RAW or Smackdown? Especially since Smackdown is still ripped on as the B show even in kayfabe.

One Universal Champion, keep the IC title feuds on RAW, US title feuds on Smackdown and then add a TV title for Smackdown and a Hardcore or cruiserweight belt feud for RAW.

Wham, bam, thank you ma’am.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
They don't even need to add more titles if they were to go with one WWE Champion for both shows. Allow guys to jump into IC/US title feuds and make those titles actually feel like they mean something.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
They don't even need to add more titles if they were to go with one WWE Champion for both shows. Allow guys to jump into IC/US title feuds and make those titles actually feel like they mean something.

It's true they don't, but if they wanted to add like one more title I wouldn't mind seeing the Hardcore title gimmick brought back for awhile. At least it gave some guys some more air time with the "24/7 rule" and it was entertaining. I mean they werent really that hardcore, but the matches were fun time killers.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
And he repped "The Network" in the dying days of ECW. Such a great heel and great talker. Never saw him actually wrestle. Love his blatant bias towards Kenny and Bullet Club.

Hypernova

Apr 20, 2007
Boston, MA
www.worldwrasslinpodcast.com
One Universal Champion, keep the IC title feuds on RAW, US title feuds on Smackdown and then add a TV title for Smackdown and a Hardcore or cruiserweight belt feud for RAW.

Wham, bam, thank you ma’am.

I thought they should have done this for the Woman since being the champ over 5 woman is not a big deal. Plus, you get into the "everyone gets a chance" territory to try to keep things from being stale yet that devalues the whole idea of a championship. It's better now with 9 woman per show but that took over a year to accomplish. Same thing applies to the tag titles.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- WWE may be turning Shane McMahon heel with him going overboard with his punishments to Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens.

- Michael Elgin's been pulled from bookings after allegations of him covering up a sexual assault committed by one of his students.

- Ronda Rousey is reportedly close to signing a WWE contract.

- Scott Dawson should return within the next 4-6 weeks.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
How does Shane turn heel without turning Sami/Owen face?

Sami/Owens are winning at Clash so where do they go from there? He still fires them? Daniel goes to save them and suddenly Daniel (who will forever be face from now on) is aligned with Kevin/Sami ( making them face by proxy) I just don’t see how it’s goig to work.

Man I can’t wait for the revival to come back. My favorite tag team in years.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Justin Barrasso says Matt Hardy has creative license. Vince wants to cash in on an established character.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
from WON

While they said Sheamus was out of action last week because he was on a trip back to Ireland, he’s actually rehabbing spinal stenosis, which is not a good thing at all. Spinal stenosis ended the careers of Edge and Steve Austin

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
PWI says that TJP has been kept off the road because creative has nothing for him

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
from WON

While they said Sheamus was out of action last week because he was on a trip back to Ireland, he’s actually rehabbing spinal stenosis, which is not a good thing at all. Spinal stenosis ended the careers of Edge and Steve Austin
Well that’s not good at all.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
women are allowed to wrestle in Abu Dhabi for the first time apparently. there's a picture of them in the ring with their body all covered.
nice first step i guess. i also dont know if its really first time ever just quoting india dude.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Roman will win elimination chamber to set up his match with Lesnar.

SDL guy will probably win the Rumble.

If Bautista comes back he is my top pick and same goes with Bryan.

If not its either Roode or Orton, probably Orton again because Vince is Vince.
If a Smackdown guy wins the Rumble, its going to be either Nakamura or more likely giving the current storyline, Kevin Owens. Shane won't give Owens a title shot, so he wins the Rumble to get one, with help from Sami Zayn of course.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
How does Shane turn heel without turning Sami/Owen face?

Sami/Owens are winning at Clash so where do they go from there? He still fires them? Daniel goes to save them and suddenly Daniel (who will forever be face from now on) is aligned with Kevin/Sami ( making them face by proxy) I just don’t see how it’s goig to work.
It's all going to revolve around Daniel Bryan. All Owens and Zayn have to do to prevent a heel turn is be mean to Bryan after he tries to help them. Which he will, because Shane is mistreating them. The worst part of this, is that its hard to cheer against Owens and Zayn because they are kind of correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad