Monthly News Thread (December 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
cant even think on top of my head what i liked. i guess kenny vs okada killed everything. but dont count?

AJ vs Cena at the rumble.

the rest is strictly nxt or indy. im sure theres alot im missing. but doesnt help the case.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
cant even think on top of my head what i liked. i guess kenny vs okada killed everything. but dont count?

AJ vs Cena at the rumble.

the rest is strictly nxt or indy. im sure theres alot im missing. but doesnt help the case.

Festival of Friendship for segment of the year hands down.

Yeah I guess Cena/AJ for Main Roster match of the year. All my favorite WWE matches were in NxT this year. Was AoP/DIY/Revival this year? That match blew my balls off. Black/Dream for feud and maybe match of the year too.

Man I don’t even know who gets superstar of the year. WWE spent so much time putting Roman and Jinder over that everyone else suffered.

Bliss I guess is woman of the year, but it’s the same thing. They geeked out their whole roster on both shows to build her up. Can’t think of a true standout women’s match on the main roster. I guess the Mania 4-way? NXT I’m thinking Asuka/Moon II in Brooklyn or Asuka/Cross falls out anywhere if TV matches count. That match was great.

Main roster tag teams? I might go Usos or New Day both as team of the year and one of their matches for main roster match. For NXT does Wargames count? AoP/DIY/Revival might have to do it otherwise. I might go AoP as NxT tag team of the year. They had a really good year and improved so damn much.

Last edited:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i got confused with Jericho taking time off to comeback and cost the IC title to KO.
i was thinking they blew that fued at WM. but what im talking hapenned after. wow.... im lost here.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
i got confused with Jericho taking time off to comeback and cost the IC title to KO.
i was thinking they blew that fued at WM. but what im talking hapenned after. wow.... im lost here.

He won it against Jericho at Mania, defended it, they switched shows and KO feuded with AJ and in the summer Jericho made a quick return to cost KO and then the awful face of America gimmick died.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i remember now. the last part of your post makes Y2J superstar of the year by default. f*** that KO gimmick.....

(its AJ for me. no doubt wrestler of the year)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
i remember now. the last part of your post makes Y2J superstar of the year by default. **** that KO gimmick.....

(its AJ for me. no doubt wrestler of the year)

Pretty much as to be AJ, but he honestly didn’t have the best year for his standards thanks to the very sub par booking.

He would be face of the year too. I guess KO is the de facto heel of the year? Unless we count Roman as a heel.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Do we do kayfabe or no? If we set our bias aside, Jinder has to be superstar of the year right?

Went from jobber to main event and holding the WWE Title the majority of the year and wins over some of the companies biggest stars.

I’d also say The Miz. Held the IC title essentially the entire year. The most consistent guy on the mic. Consistently good (but not great) matches.

I dunno, it’s largely been a meh year

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
take with a grain of salt I suppose
DP55oxAX0AAY5ms.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DP55oxAX0AAY5ms.jpg

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
If his contract was up, why is it bad on WWE for not keeping him? Time to move on. It happens to everyone in life.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
im more interested in the fact that - if true - all of Johnstons themes will be replaced. including Corbins new one if so

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Do we do kayfabe or no? If we set our bias aside, Jinder has to be superstar of the year right?

Went from jobber to main event and holding the WWE Title the majority of the year and wins over some of the companies biggest stars.

Superstar of the year generally attributes to actually being a good performer and putting on good matches
Not winning them per se

So no
Jinder is still absolute trash and does not belong in the conversation, personally speaking

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Styles is superstar of the year. like its not even remotely debatable.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
im more interested in the fact that - if true - all of Johnstons themes will be replaced. including Corbins new one if so

im prety sure thats why he was being paid for.
WWE owns those songs. doesnt matter who composed them.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
im prety sure thats why he was being paid for.
WWE owns those songs. doesnt matter who composed them.

yeah, but actually read what I posted. the source supposedly says they want to replace JJ's themes. not just because they own them.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
mcmahon without no chance in hell would suck.
i doubt they replace them.

oh im confident Vince's would stay. and some others probably. thats why im not too confident in the report, but i guess well find out soon

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

I’d also say The Miz. Held the IC title essentially the entire year. The most consistent guy on the mic. Consistently good (but not great) matches.

I dunno, it’s largely been a meh year

Non-kayfabe. We base it off actual performances. Of course it’s all up to you how you decide to vote. Historically it hasn’t been kayfabed.

Styles is superstar of the year. like its not even remotely debatable.

It was a landslide last year too iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->