Monthly News Thread (December 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
yeah last year AJ Styles won Superstar of the Year by the second largest margin ever since I've started holding HF Slammy Awards for 5 years. The only one who ever had a larger margin of victory than 2016 Styles was 2013 Bryan. It's honestly pretty easy to predict at this point that Styles will be only the second superstar to win two HF Slammy Superstar of the Years, the other being Seth Rollins.

I can tell you right now that these will be the categories for the HF Slammy Awards when I post them:

- WWE Moment of the Year
- WWE Male Superstar of the Year
- WWE Female Superstar of the Year
- NXT Talent of the Year
- WWE/NXT Tag Team of the Year
- WWE Disappointment of the Year
- WWE/NXT Rivalry of the Year
- WWE PPV of the Year
- NXT Event of the Year
- WWE PPV Match of the Year
- WWE TV Match of the Year
- NXT Match of the Year
- Breakout Star of the Year
- Heel of the Year
- Babyface of the Year
- Who to look out for in 2018
- Segment/Promo of the Year
- Talker of the Year
- Pop of the Year
- Betrayal of the Year

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
PPV of the year will be interesting. There have been a lot of OK shows this year, but not a super show that delivered. The best is probably the Rumble, but as with a lot of show the main event wasn't well liked, which always brings things down. Smackdown shows have been bad since Jinder for the same reason.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
yeah PPV of the year. um?....

might have to give it to Great Balls of Fire actually. it was a pretty fun show

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
WWE announce the following for Clash of Champions

Charlotte v Natalya (W-Title)
Corbin v Roode v Ziggler (US Title)
Usos v New Day v Gable/Benjamin (Tag Titles)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That feud (and Enzo vs. Cass) almost made me start a “worst rivalry of the year” category.

There was just so much hype around how Bray/Orton was built and it ended in such a fart in the wind with bugs in the ring, sperm snakes on the ramp, and Randy getting a fridge dropped on him.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
the thing is i didnt hate the feud of Orton vs Bray.... i loved Orton joining the Wyats. i loved Harper being skeptical, i f***ing love Orton teasing the RKO every time Bray had his back turned. or staring at the belt from behind. i ABSOLUTELY LOVED when he burned down the house....... then the f***ing match hapenned. :( :( :(

Bailey; this is your life deserves all kinds of hate, tho.
if theres a hate award... this is it.
again... was it this year? (lol)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
yeah, I remember hearing all the criticism about it. I still have not even watched a second of it and I never will.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Bayley, this is your life was Old Day bad. Easily worst segment of the year.

And it needs to be stated that segment was all Alexa and Creative. Bayley wasn’t out there. Honestly Alexa should be disqualified from Woman of the Year for that segment. It was that bad.

Thinking of that reminds me how bad a year the women actually had. Smackdown has been so poorly booked they have put literally no woman over outside of Bliss. Smackdown has just been a rotation of geeking their women out.

RAW isn’t much better. Again only Bliss has been made to look good. They geeked and ruined Bayley, geeked Sasha out, Nia Jax disappears every other week, and finally out Bliss in a feud with Mickie James over Mickie being old.

WWE has absolutely ruined the insane heat the women had.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I was ready to put Orton/Wyatt as disappointment of the year.... but I kinda expected it to suck

Mania had two other matches, KO/Jericho and HHH/Rollins, that should have been insane blowoffs to great feuds that totally let down in a big way. especially HHH/Rollins. that match should have been insane and it was just a boring "work the knee" affair

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I was ready to put Orton/Wyatt as disappointment of the year.... but I kinda expected it to suck

Mania had two other matches, KO/Jericho and HHH/Rollins, that should have been insane blowoffs to great feuds that totally let down in a big way. especially HHH/Rollins. that match should have been insane and it was just a boring "work the knee" affair

Man from the promos to the match to the graphics, Orton/Wyatt may have my vote. Honestly I think the main PPVs sucking so much ass will have my vote. HHH Rollins was also brutal.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
AJ had a better year last year though. This year hasn’t been as kind, but it hasn’t really been kind to anyone else.
Considering how everyone else has been booked AJ is by fat superstar of the year. Started off 2017 by losing his title but ended up with 3 title reigns (the botched U.S reign) and had some great matches so no one came close to AJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad