MLS Thread: Enter Zlatan

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
And we get a bunch of allocation money that I'm quite sure will be used for **** all because you need to be able to bring in significant players for that **** to be useful, and that requires the cooperation of MLS, and if it wasn't clear MLS hates the very idea of the Crew before it's even more blatantly obvious in recent months.

**** everything.
It looks less and less likely that Austin is going to happen though.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
It looks less and less likely that Austin is going to happen though.
We should be so lucky.

Current developments are less "it's not going to happen" and more "it's not 100% inevitable; more like 90-95%". Precourt really badly wants a new stadium somehow, yet there's very little appetite for public funding of any sports venues here (unless it's Ohio State). If he really does prefer Austin because it's Austin rather than because he thinks he has a better chance of a stadium deal there, we're still screwed. (If, however, the attraction is that Austin has no pro teams and so he figured they'd be more willing to deal, there's hope. Maybe.)

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
NYRB playing Honduran team Olimpio on neutral ground in Costa Rica after Olimpio fans threw fireworks at opposing players in their last home game.

Seattle up 1-0 early.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Seattle has looked bad all game and now they’re down 2-1. Granted half of their starters were left at home but they need a new striker. Morris has been bad. Bring Mayan (the Santa Tecla striker) here. He’s looked really good.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i like him...i like the set up of the team...

i HATE PSV sending out an Austin statement during a STH event...but sounds like the STH got the last laugh with a Save the Crew chant at the event that Crew officials were made nervous by. This whole thing is such a joke, Precourt trying to save face and keeps getting the land he values taken away from him by the ppl of Austin...

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
i like him...i like the set up of the team...

i HATE PSV sending out an Austin statement during a STH event...but sounds like the STH got the last laugh with a Save the Crew chant at the event that Crew officials were made nervous by. This whole thing is such a joke, Precourt trying to save face and keeps getting the land he values taken away from him by the ppl of Austin...
Its time for Don Garber to pull the plug on Austin. Honestly if you are gonna move the team make sure the stadium deal is DONE behind the scene.

Reactions: Fro

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
TFC resign Morrow to a multi year deal. Liking that TFC will be keeping the main group together.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Metro beats Olimpia of Honduras and advance to the quarterfinals where we will face Tijuana. ¡Vamos Metro!

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Bohls: Crew owner Precourt remains committed to Austin move
Anthony Precourt’s mind is made up. He’s found his city.

Now he just has to find a site.

And Precourt isn’t the least bit interested in selling the franchise he has owned since 2013.

“I’m not a seller,” he said at the end of a 45-minute interview.

Couple that with his actively considering the McKalla Place location (a mall over ten miles from downtown Austin - we've got similar setups with Polaris and Easton), it's becoming pretty blatantly clear that the whole stadium site thing was bulls*** from the start. As we long suspected.

He's starting to achieve Atlanta Spirit Group levels of jerkassery here.

Reactions: Fro

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
I thought Atlanta was supposed to be a powerhouse ?

They seemed pretty disorganized at the back. They were being burned by Elis’s speed and had no answer to it. Also the we’re forcing passes in situations not really necessary and could have gone with a slow build up to move up the field.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I hate the Sounders, but it would put a smile on my face if they beat LAFC today.

EDIT: ****

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA