MLS Thread: Enter Zlatan

Status
Not open for further replies.

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
Defensive soccer? Playing not to lose, in a final no less. Terrible strategy.
Totally, for sure. Terrible idea... setting out to limit goals against when you're playing at a team that scored 17 goals in the previous five [playoff] games... right.

Ugly game. Great work by Marshall, Torres, Frei, and Alonso. Amazing second half of the season.
/soundersfan

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Seattle defended well but it was a poor game all around and they had 0 shot in 120min. They deserve it somewhat I guess but that game won't sell mls...

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Turns out one of the Atlanta players played against us yesterday, Mccann. He wasn't good.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I think the MLS should rethink the one game final. I think 2 legs game would be more entertaining. Never liked it for champions league either. Sure one single last final game looks amazing and would sell marketing wise, but I've rarely seen attractive football in a final. Teams play too conservative in those games. There is nothing more exciting than a team that is in a losing position and tries desperately to score. Look at the 2nd leg impact vs tfc.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I think the MLS should rethink the one game final. I think 2 legs game would be more entertaining. Never liked it for champions league either. Sure one single last final game looks amazing and would sell marketing wise, but I've rarely seen attractive football in a final. Teams play too conservative in those games. There is nothing more exciting than a team that is in a losing position and tries desperately to score. Look at the 2nd leg impact vs tfc.

A two-leg final?

Then you're setting up for a season-ending game right around.....Christmas.

December 10th is late enough for outdoor soccer in these climates.

The one-and-done system is the way to go.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
A two-leg final?

Then you're setting up for a season-ending game right around.....Christmas.

December 10th is late enough for outdoor soccer in these climates.

The one-and-done system is the way to go.

Calendar shouldn't be a concern. Can always finish the season one or 2 weeks earlier. We're talking about one more game only.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Crew protected list

CzgPmopXEAAYVR7.jpg:large

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Giovinco just blamed the Argos fieldshare for his injuries the second half of the year, which is definitely going to help resolve the idiotic pettiness between the two fanbases.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Expansion draft is today.

Who do you think will be taken? I feel like Minnesota is a little difficult to guess since they really haven't done much but Atlanta, I could see them taking a few midfielders (specifically DM) and maybe some more D. Don't know a lot about all the players they've picked up but they seem to be attacking players without many D.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Expansion Draft results

ATL:
Toia (MTL)
Loyd (FCD)
Irwin (TFC)
Ambrose (OCFC)
Kann (SKC)

MN:
Duvall (RBNY)
Warner (HOU)
Saied (CREW)
Attinella (RSL)
Femi (NE)

Methinks Minnesota did better

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Femi and Antinella were both on my shortlist. Irwin too.

Wouldn't have touched anyone else that was taken.

Yeah, I'm starting to think that those deals Colorado made with MIN/ATL had a condition that they couldn't take Watts, because I can't think of any other reason why both teams would pass him up.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah, I'm starting to think that those deals Colorado made with MIN/ATL had a condition that they couldn't take Watts, because I can't think of any other reason why both teams would pass him up.

As we know, I think the important things in expansion draft are to not get any DPs, any international slots and any free agents.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
As we know, I think the important things in expansion draft are to not get any DPs, any international slots and any free agents.

I think the only international was Saied, and he may have a green card at this point. I also expect to see a trade or two here shortly, especially with Irwin. I'd bet he goes back to TFC for allocation or something.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Jeff Carlisle ‏@JeffreyCarlisle
League source confirms that #ATLUTD is on the verge of signing Paraguayan international Oscar Romero. Transfer fee in $6-7M range.

Jesus Christ, this might be a better signing than Almiron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->