Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Meram to ORL

Going to have an interesting team next year
And we get a bunch of allocation money that I'm quite sure will be used for **** all because you need to be able to bring in significant players for that **** to be useful, and that requires the cooperation of MLS, and if it wasn't clear MLS hates the very idea of the Crew before it's even more blatantly obvious in recent months.

**** everything.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
A one legged Ibra would've been better than Zardes last season. I'm not sure how we'd be able to fit him into the lineup, much less actually make the deal go through as he'd probably be the highest paid player in the league. But if the deal goes through we'd most likely pair him up top with Kamara. We traded one of our faces of the franchise and local hero in Zardes for Kamara so he's going to play. Its just everywhere else is where things get interesting. Allessandrini and both Dos Santos brothers are going to play, Kitchen is likely to play as well.

So we could see
Ibra-Kamara
Allesandrini-Kitchen-J. DS- G. DS.

The issue that I see is that this would require Gio to be relied upon defensively a bit more which is not something I want to do. I feel Gio would be better higher up the field and just rely on Jonathan and Kitchen as the midfield. I'm not sure about this. I'd welcome Ibra easily as he would be the one of the best players in the league when healthy, but saying that its hard to slot him in and keep all our best players on the field at the same time.
I have to say, Galaxy is responding well to the arrival of LAFC.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I have to say, Galaxy is responding well to the arrival of LAFC.

Signing Ibra would definitely take the spotlight off them. I'm still skeptical though. Maybe its just because last season left such a bitter taste in my mouth. The defense still needs some work I think. While its definitely improved, its a lot of unknowns. Have a feeling we may sign another CB or RB soon.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
SKC are starting to sign a lot of players now, just signed Johnny Russell from the Championship and Felipe Gutierrez who was last with Real Betis and Internacional on loan. Just need another #9 option, and they will be strong again.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
The LAFC regional broadcast deal is ridiculous. They will only air Spanish language telecast on TV and English broadcast will be on Youtube TV. I understand cost cutters and all but internet streaming is still terrible.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. MLS is not ready for this, NBA isn’t ready for this.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
The LAFC regional broadcast deal is ridiculous. They will only air Spanish language telecast on TV and English broadcast will be on Youtube TV. I understand cost cutters and all but internet streaming is still terrible.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. MLS is not ready for this, NBA isn’t ready for this.
better than Chivas

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The Kaku transfer from Hurrican to the Red Bulls, IT'S HAPPENING!!! After all the insane corruption with his disgusting agents it's a minor miracle.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Successor/
: someone or something that follows and takes the job, place, or position that was held by another:

-
Cambridge dictionary.

Whether or not LAFC are the successor to Chivas is a matter of semantics.

But as MLS purchased the rights the Chivas USA in 2014, and sold the rights to LAFC, one could argue they are, and we can't say they're wrong.

I wouldn't have considered them successors to Chivas; but I guess I may, by definition, have to now.... :thumbu:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
No Angeleno considers them the successor to Chivas. As you said, it's just an argument about semantics, but LAFC is a legitimate franchise; Chivas was a sideshow.

Honestly...I kinda wish I could trade the local team's TV deals. SportsNet LA is one of three channels preventing me from cutting the cord...but I'm probably in the minority there.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
The Loons are trying to sign 20-year old Nicolas Benedetti from Colombia.

A couple days ago it appeared to be dead, but our director Manny Lagos is down in Colombia to hammer out a deal right now. It's been kind of a roller coaster today, at first it looked like the deal was as good as done. The numbers being thrown around were $6m for 60% of his rights (essentially means a 40% sell-on clause, from what I can tell)

Now it appears that Deportivo Cali, Benedetti's club, is doing some posturing saying the deal is not done and they will not accept it. Feels like they're trying to bleed more money out of us.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Sooooo it looks like the plan over here is to use Zardes as a striker.

I didn't think he could play that role. Can he play that role? He didn't seem to be doing that in LA...

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

I didn't think he could play that role. Can he play that role? He didn't seem to be doing that in LA...

He can play it, but when he's at his best he usually had a pretty good strike partner.

Reactions: Viqsi

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

He can, but he needs a partner for it to work, which is why he's struggled so much in the post-Keane era.

That said, Zardes' struggles last year were more of a product of a directionless team than he was a cause of the problems. He struggled, but he was put in an awful situation with no help to speak of and then things just kinda snowballed. Getting away from Gio should help his game by itself, those two paired together as well as water & oil.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Still think Crew need a striker to play with/above Zardes, but that Martinez chip on Guzan was beautiful!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad