MLS Thread: Enter Zlatan

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Apparently the deal will be 7 figure annual revenue for the club. Probably saw it as a better deal than what they were on. But then again, why make this decision at the start of the season on a platform that that nobody knows about?
But is a million dollar payday worth losing the exposure of being on an actual TV network? It seems like this will hinder growth by basically making it so a casual fan would have to specifically hunt down the new platform and that's not likely to happen. They are essentially boxing themselves into a hardcore soccer fan ghetto with this move.

Reactions: kingsboy11

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Metro bludgeoned Portland 4-0 tonight. We were playing almost all reserves because of the CCL game on Tuesday. We are very good. Portland is very bad. Poor Gio.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Orlando is mess right now. Two home games to start the year against teams they should've beat, DC and Minnesota, yet they get 1 point out of it. Klejstan comes back from suspension next game, he needs to take this team over and hopefully Dwyer cokes back soon cause I see nobody who can score consistently right now.

Still don't get VAR. I was at the game and they don't show replay but it looked clear as day that the foul was well outside the box and after a few minutes they awarded a penalty. Orlando still couldn't get a point even after they were gifted that penalty they converted.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
What’s the difference between this and LAFC being on YouTube TV?

I was going to say cost, but then I did a search for YouTube TV and see that it's yet another Sling-wannabe...so...gross.

I consider myself fairly connected and even I didn't know that, good luck getting technophobe casual fans to follow this kind of stuff. Whatever financial benefits offered by this have to be offset by making it harder to attract casual fans...

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
This team is nothing without Alessandrini. Not good enough defensively and certainly not enough depth up front to cover up any injuries.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Orlando is mess right now. Two home games to start the year against teams they should've beat, DC and Minnesota, yet they get 1 point out of it. Klejstan comes back from suspension next game, he needs to take this team over and hopefully Dwyer cokes back soon cause I see nobody who can score consistently right now.

Still don't get VAR. I was at the game and they don't show replay but it looked clear as day that the foul was well outside the box and after a few minutes they awarded a penalty. Orlando still couldn't get a point even after they were gifted that penalty they converted.
Jason Kreis is worse than Adrian Heath.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Jason Kreis is worse than Adrian Heath.

Yeah he's not a good coach, don't know how he won it all with Salt Lake? I thought they'd get rid of him after he missed the playoffs last year not sure how he survived that especially since the team didn't even take strides to get better. Not sure who's out there that would be a good replacement? I think he's got to the 10 game mark to get this team on the right track and in a playoff spot.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Metro bludgeoned Portland 4-0 tonight. We were playing almost all reserves because of the CCL game on Tuesday. We are very good. Portland is very bad. Poor Gio.
This hurts a little because I kind of consider Portland my #2 team. Not so much on their own merit but more because **** Seattle.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
This hurts a little because I kind of consider Portland my #2 team. Not so much on their own merit but more because **** Seattle.
When it comes to Cascadia go with the Whitecaps. Great fans who aren't nearly as pretentious and annoying as the other two (especially Seattle). My fave West team right now is RSL because of Petkie. And yes I would like Portland to do well because of Gio.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Major League Soccer and Liga MX Fuel Rivalry with New Partnership

-The annual Campeones Cup will pit the reigning champions of Liga MX and MLS to crown the best club in North America. The 2018 Campeones Cup will be hosted by reigning MLS Cup champion Toronto FC, on September 19, 2018 at BMO Field in Toronto. Liga MX’s representative will be decided in mid-July in a Campeon de Campeones matchup between the Mexican League’s two tournament champions: Apertura (Tigres UANL) and Clausura (to be played in May 2018). For information on this year’s Campeones Cup, click www.CampeonesCup.com.

-In addition to Campeones Cup, the MLS-Liga MX partnership is working on additional competitions in the future, as well as additional tentpole events, including commitment for a future MLS All-Star Game presented by Target featuring the best players from both leagues facing off in an epic clash. Also, the Liga MX Under-20 teams will participate during MLS All-Star Week as the annual opponent in the MLS Homegrown Game presented by Energizer.

:wave:

This is great news. The fact that TFC has already beaten Tigres at BMO Field this year kinda dampens the hype this year, but it is still great progress for the league but more broadly the game itself across North America.

MLS vs MX all-star games are a great move as well. The way MLS has been doing their ASG is so rinky-dink and small time, it was like the league was mocking itself by having its "all-stars" play the likes of Fulham and West Ham.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Major League Soccer and Liga MX Fuel Rivalry with New Partnership

-The annual Campeones Cup will pit the reigning champions of Liga MX and MLS to crown the best club in North America. The 2018 Campeones Cup will be hosted by reigning MLS Cup champion Toronto FC, on September 19, 2018 at BMO Field in Toronto. Liga MX’s representative will be decided in mid-July in a Campeon de Campeones matchup between the Mexican League’s two tournament champions: Apertura (Tigres UANL) and Clausura (to be played in May 2018). For information on this year’s Campeones Cup, click www.CampeonesCup.com.

-In addition to Campeones Cup, the MLS-Liga MX partnership is working on additional competitions in the future, as well as additional tentpole events, including commitment for a future MLS All-Star Game presented by Target featuring the best players from both leagues facing off in an epic clash. Also, the Liga MX Under-20 teams will participate during MLS All-Star Week as the annual opponent in the MLS Homegrown Game presented by Energizer.

:wave:

This is great news. The fact that TFC has already beaten Tigres at BMO Field this year kinda dampens the hype this year, but it is still great progress for the league but more broadly the game itself across North America.

MLS vs MX all-star games are a great move as well. The way MLS has been doing their ASG is so rinky-dink and small time, it was like the league was mocking itself by having its "all-stars" play the likes of Fulham and West Ham.
Fulham and West Ham B teams and the all-stars still lose :laugh:

Reactions: Pilky01

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
With Toronto and NYRB winning tonight, if Seattle wins tomorrow, then an MLS team is guaranteed to be in the final! Also I can see all of those teams beating or at least challenging America for the title. Great year for the MLS.

Reactions: varsaku
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca