Prospect Info: Mikhail Sergachev 9th Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
at his age he's gonna grow an inch and gain more muscle which mean more weight.

this guy gonna peak at 6'3 6'4 and 230-235lbs! insane
And he doesn't just look big, he looks like one of these thick kids with a lot of natural strength.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I think we need him to get adjusted to playing on the left side. Personally I would think it would take less 'getting used to' then switching to playing on your off side.

Weber/Petry have our right side locked-up for at least 3-4 years on the top two pairings.

NOOO! This hasn't worked with our prospects.

Jay Wolf

Jun 14, 2011
I just didn't think it was possible for us to have any impact on where he plays in junior. The little I know about that anyways.

I definitely hope it worked that way because I'd definitely rather him play LD in junior.

Yeah whenever I see LD I can't help but think of Larry and Curb. Bringing Richard Dreyfuss into the fold was gratuitous and uncalled for.

I would've gone Rodney Dangerfield, but I'm a big Mr. Holland fan as well!

Jay Wolf

Jun 14, 2011
good call with Dangerfield.

When's the last time you seen What about Bob? Dreyfuss is amazingly ridiculous in it. So good.

And hats off to the profile pic, sir!

Check out "Let It Ride" if you're a Dreyfuss fan. Hilarious!

Yah, thanks for recognizing Waits in my profile pic... Not many people do on a hockey board.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Im not saying wait 5 years though, just one.

Beaulieu - Weber
Markov - Petry
Emelin - Pateryn/Barberio

In theory, Sergachev may very well be better than our #6. BUT the pros of keeping him up for merely that is not close to the cons. Like I mentioned, he doesn't have nearly the junior experience Doughty and Ekblad had before joining NHL. His situation may be similar to a Kulikov.

One thing people forget is Beaulieu's development. Next season's focus should be on his play with Weber and seeing whether he can take next step. Theres only 6 D position and only so many minutes to go around. I dont even think it help Habs win having an inexperienced 18 year old without trying to make Beaulieu top 4.

I agreed. People are already forgetting about Beaulieu. This his year to prove he is a top 4 D.

Sergachev has Born June 25 1998. He may have the size of a nhl player.. but come on, he just got 18 year old....

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
[/B]

I agreed. People are already forgetting about Beaulieu. This his year to prove he is a top 4 D.

Sergachev has Born June 25 1998. He may have the size of a nhl player.. but come on, he just got 18 year old....

From the little of seen of Sergachev I predict he'll be much better than Beaulieu.

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
I think he will be in our line up 2018-2019 Season (after Markov signs a 1-year contract) to play alongside him #5+#6 (leaving A huge hole in #2-#4)

2017-18 i'd say.... if he goes back to windsor this year, he could be ready to step in as soon as that... hell, a lot of people think he's ready right now so...

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
We tend to overhype our picks, especially after just drafting them. Development camp is what it is, but always better to see a good performance than not.

People seemed to have been pretty impressed with Sergachev at Development Camp. but can anybody who goes regularly to these things put it in context ? As in, been going for 5 years and next to X he is the best I have seen etc.

Just wondering as there is chatter about him being able to make the Habs this year. I tend towards the let him play junior for another year so you don't screw up a players development..

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Seriously?

Yeah.....

Sergachev is a left-handed RD , with Weber and Petry, our real need is for a top pairing LHD......

If Serg was right-handed, I wouldn't suggest playing him on the left side. But I would think that getting a LHD to play on the left-side (even if he traditionally hasn't) wouldn't be the same as putting a d on their "off-side"

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
We tend to overhype our picks, especially after just drafting them. Development camp is what it is, but always better to see a good performance than not.

People seemed to have been pretty impressed with Sergachev at Development Camp. but can anybody who goes regularly to these things put it in context ? As in, been going for 5 years and next to X he is the best I have seen etc.

Just wondering as there is chatter about him being able to make the Habs this year. I tend towards the let him play junior for another year so you don't screw up a players development..

I can't remember which Habs' reporter said it, but they basically said Sergachev stood out way more than other prospects more than any prospect has in the last few years (even more than Galchenyuk).

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
List of 1st year draft eligible that won the Max Kaminsky Trophy (OHL’s Most Outstanding Defenceman of the Year):

Craig Hartsburg (1977)
John Slaney (1990)
Chris Pronger (1993)
Bryan Berard (1995)
Drew Dougthy (2008)
Ryan Ellis (2009)
Aaron Ekblad (2014)

Pretty elite company to be with.

smcgreg

Jul 18, 2013
None of your business
List of 1st year draft eligible that won the Max Kaminsky Trophy (OHL’s Most Outstanding Defenceman of the Year):

Craig Hartsburg (1977)
John Slaney (1990)
Chris Pronger (1993)
Bryan Berard (1995)
Drew Dougthy (2008)
Ryan Ellis (2009)
Aaron Ekblad (2014)

Pretty elite company to be with.

And how many did it at 17, in their first year on NA ice? It's really hard not to get excited about this prospect. Not saying he's NHL ready this year, but he's almost certainly going to be a star defense man. It's probably just a matter of time.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I can't remember which Habs' reporter said it, but they basically said Sergachev stood out way more than other prospects more than any prospect has in the last few years (even more than Galchenyuk).

Thanks. Not getting carried away or anything but that is interesting to know.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

even though i'm not 100% on Sergachev there's tons of legit reasons to get excited about him.

i also feel that the hype pendulum in the last few years has swung to the other side now. I feel I'm in a small minority who actually likes our prospects. I'm really pumped about McCarron. He's going to be a great addition to this team. Decent depth too. Considering where we've drafted in 3 of the last 4 years, I think we got some solid prospects who can upgrade over many of the guys we have on our roster right now and make us a better team imo.

Jul 6, 2016
And how many did it at 17, in their first year on NA ice? It's really hard not to get excited about this prospect. Not saying he's NHL ready this year, but he's almost certainly going to be a star defense man. It's probably just a matter of time.

Habs should not rush the kid at all. It's not beacuse they traded Subban that they should feel forced to get Serrgachev in the line up next season to fill a bit of the void.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

Hard to overhype top 10 picks. I get talking about guys ilke McCarron who were late first round picks and touted as the next Lucic. But this is a #9 pick, and the most gifted defenseman in the draft. I say, overhype away. This fanbase deserves it, since we had to deal with last year and dumb and dumber.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Hard to overhype top 10 picks. I get talking about guys ilke McCarron who were late first round picks and touted as the next Lucic. But this is a #9 pick, and the most gifted defenseman in the draft. I say, overhype away. This fanbase deserves it, since we had to deal with last year and dumb and dumber.

tbh i have a feeling beans gonna be the best D in this draft! just a feeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad