Prospect Info: Mikhail Sergachev 9th Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
http://montrealgazette.com/sports/h...il-sergachev-should-be-high-on-habs-wish-list

“He’s a well-rounded defenceman, there’s nothing he can’t do,” said Button, who is so enthusiastic that he believes that Sergachev will be in Norris Trophy discussions when he establishes himself in the NHL.

When you read the scouting reports on the Russian, you realize he has many of the assets the Canadiens prize. He’s an excellent skater with good lateral movement, he moves the puck and he’s strong enough to carry the puck into the offensive zone rather than dump it in. He has an excellent shot and he’s swinging from the left side which is a bonus on a Montreal team with too many right-handed defenceman. He had 17 goals and 40 assists in 67 games with the Spitfires last season.

Button is also impressed with Sergachev’s leadership,
which he demonstrated after the meldonium scandal forced Russia to bench its under-18 team and go into the world U18 championship with a squad of 16-year-olds.

“Mikhail wasn’t supposed to play, but he said his country needed him and Russia had always been there when he needed help,” explained Button.

/////

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
most likeliest player to bust in the top 10, huge upside tho. i personally dont like the pick, wanted Brown.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
I feel so meh right now. We lost Keller and Nylander, we decided not to try Brown, we lost our second rounders. I need a ****ing drink.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I'm very happy with the pick, Habs needed a LHD prospect and got the best in the draft. While a forward would have been nice you have to look at our gapping need at defense in the prospect pool.

Rickkins

Jul 22, 2007
So, the team that desperately needs goal scoring, drafts an euro defenceman.

Just bloody fabulous...

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
I like the move personally. Im not sold on Beaulieu at all and Juulsen has some concussion issues.

MTL defense needs rebuilding

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Didn't MkCenzie predict this? I love this pick it was either Nylander, him or Keller, was the next guy on the list as Bergevin said. :yo:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Would be nice to have a Habs 1st rounder break out draft+1 year.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Not upset. My pick was Keller. Obviously not an option at our place.

Sergachev was my top d-man in the draft and Brown my next best realistic forward after Keller. No complaints here. We should have our Markov replacement, I hope.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
I still in shock that we gave up picks #39 and #45 for player that is will want $4.5 million and is not really a top 6 forward, except on our pathetic top 6.

With that said, the pick was okay, we got Jullisen last year; need forward help!

I wanted Logan Brown!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille