Value of: Mike Green to EDM

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
He was Detroit's leading scorer prior to getting hurt.

Lucic - McDavid - Vanek
Pouliot - Nuge - Eberle
Maroon - Draisaitl - Caggiula
Pitlick - Letestu - Kassian
Lander/Pulj

Trade Hendo.

Vanek would add some much needed scoring depth.

Even though Vanek is a right handed shot, He prefers playing the leftside and is better at it.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
I love Mike Green as a Wings fan but I would trade him. By the time the Wings are good again he'll be gone or too old even if they do re-sign him.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Yeah, Vanek isn't a huge need. Keeping it simple is better.

Green for 2017 1st + Caleb Jones seems to be pretty fair for both sides (assuming DET is out of the playoffs and EDM are in a playoff position at the TDL).

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I would do Eberle, Jone, 1st for Green & Helm in a second as a Wings fan. Eberle allows the Wings to possible trade Tats for a young dman without losing too much scoring, and while Ebs has a pretty hefty cap hit at 6 mil, its only for 2 more seasons. If he hits it off with one of our guys we can also choose to keep him. Green nets us the 1st and we clear out Helms contract, which doesn't make sense for a rebuilding team. In contrast I think he is a great add for a team like the Oilers. He is the type of player that helps you win games in the playoffs, and is a great bottom 6 guy.

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
I would do Eberle, Jone, 1st for Green & Helm in a second as a Wings fan. Eberle allows the Wings to possible trade Tats for a young dman without losing too much scoring, and while Ebs has a pretty hefty cap hit at 6 mil, its only for 2 more seasons. If he hits it off with one of our guys we can also choose to keep him. Green nets us the 1st and we clear out Helms contract, which doesn't make sense for a rebuilding team. In contrast I think he is a great add for a team like the Oilers. He is the type of player that helps you win games in the playoffs, and is a great bottom 6 guy.

We don't have the lw depth to trade eberle right now. In terms of Green for Jones + 1st, I like the trade even though I like Jones as a prospect, only issue making the trade this year is that we are for sure protecting 4 D then, which would include for sure exposing Davidson. I'd prefer this to be a trade on draft day.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
We don't have the lw depth to trade eberle right now. In terms of Green for Jones + 1st, I like the trade even though I like Jones as a prospect, only issue making the trade this year is that we are for sure protecting 4 D then, which would include for sure exposing Davidson. I'd prefer this to be a trade on draft day.

Defeats the purpose though, this would be for a playoff push. I love Jones as a prospect, but we need to consider DET needs as well, if they're rebuilding they'll want a D prospect coming back. Jones is a legit American D prospect that doesn't hurt their cap situation. With the extra year on the contract, Jones is reasonable to add.

If we lose Davidson, it sucks but that possibility shouldn't prevent us from acquiring the RHDPPQB we've needed for awhile. We have no idea what Vegas will do, if we lose one of Pouliot/Maroon/Davidson life goes on.

Green would be a huge addition and give us a legit D core. Even if Davidson is taken:

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Green
Nurse-Russell
Benning

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Lucic-Maroon-Pouliot-Hendricks-Slepyshev. The Oilers are fine on LW.

Still not trading Eberle for Darren Helm :laugh: especially with McDavid/Draisaitl/RNH/Letestu already down the middle

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Lucic-Maroon-Pouliot-Hendricks-Slepyshev. The Oilers are fine on LW.

Still not trading Eberle for Darren Helm :laugh: especially with McDavid/Draisaitl/RNH/Letestu already down the middle

I assume he meant RW, but yes, agreed.

Mike Green for futures suits me just fine.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
If we're add in extra pieces, what would be the going rate on Helm? Though if that much salary in going to EDM, you liking need to send back a Fayne or even Eberle

Honestly I'd love a Eberle, Jones, 1st for Green, Helm and –if he could snuck in– Vanek haha

Lucic-McDavid-Vanek
Poukiot-Draisaitl-RNH
Maroon-Helm-Kassian
Caggiula-Letestu-Pitlick

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Green
Davidson-Benning

Talbot
Gustavsson/Brossoit

This proposal is so gross just so so gross. Helm is horrible offensively and we're giving up Eberle for him like in what world?

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
Fayne (50% retained)
Lander
Yakimov
2018 2nd
2019 2nd conditional (Oilers win cup in 2018 or Green re-signs)

FOR Green

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
Fayne (50% retained)
Lander
Yakimov
2018 2nd

FOR Green

Lander cant be traded b/c he's not an Oiler anymore, yakimov is stuck in the KHL, Fayne is unlikely to see much NHL ice again.

That's an insulting offer to Detroit.

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
Lander cant be traded b/c he's not an Oiler anymore, yakimov is stuck in the KHL, Fayne is unlikely to see much NHL ice again.

That's an insulting offer to Detroit.

Lander is on the Oilers reserve list, same with Yakimov. They aren't going to be able to play this season and I don't consider them to have much value but they seem like OK shots for a team like Detroit to play for them in the near future. They also don't count against the 50 man list.

What value do you think Green has? You don't think before you type, do you?

Compare it to what Shattenkirk received and most would say Shattenkirk > Green.

Second, Detroit is currently over the cap.

Third, Detroit isn't likely to push for the playoffs while St. Louis was in a playoff spot.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Mike Green and EDM? Yeah, that pretty much makes sense...

9a53a9995beea47804aa02cdfdaea04f.jpg

Nst.Nst.Nst.Nst.Nst.Nst.Nst.Nst.DROOOOP...DROOO.DRO.DRO...Nst.Nst.Nst.Nst.Nst.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Fayne (50% retained)
Lander
Yakimov
2018 2nd

FOR Green

This is one of the worst trade proposals I have ever seen. Lander, 4th liner, playing in the KHL, Yakimov, even worse, in the KHL, cap dump AHL defenceman, and 2 very likely, lower 2nd round picks.

Green should be available at this years trade deadline, but the price will have to be miles better than this!

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Fayne (50% retained)
Lander
Yakimov
2018 2nd

FOR Green

Yeah...that ain't gonna fly.

Maybe a trade deadline deal as such:

Oilers trade conditional 1st Round Pick (If Oilers make it past the 2nd round in Playoffs, it becomes a 1st, otherwise, get's downgraded to a 2nd), 2nd Round Pick 2019 and Simpson. That'd be a fair trade.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
He's a good player, it's better than letting him walk for nothing.

Also, we aren't really competing in the next while, keeping a 6 million dollar defenceman doesn't make a lot of sense. Especially when we could use picks and or prospects, and he is our current best trade chip.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad