Value of: Mike Green to EDM

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
Green signed 1 more year. Playing great for us.

1st + Good prospect (or Yandle style return) i think is more than fair.

I don't mind the trade, but I am hesitant about it due to the expansion draft. I so also somewhat disagree with giving up a yandle style return for green, unless you wanna retain 50% like Arizona did? ;)

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
I wouldn't be exactly sure from the oilers, I just keep hearing the mention of Yandle style return when I see trade talks involving green, yet people seem to forget Ari retained 50% in that trade, dropping yandles contract to 2.6 mil or so..

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
Tbh I just am not sure we are in the window in which we would pick to Green for futures to make a playoff push. I'd rather look at that trade next years TDL, just the combined cost of a 1st, decent D prospect, and losing davison for sure to expansion, thats a high cost for a player that wouldn't put us over the top this year

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Call me greedy but if I'm the Oilers offering up one of my top defensive prospects and a 1st, I want Vanek, too. Besides, Vanek owes Lowe a solid for making him a quadrillionaire after that offer sheet years ago.

There's got to be some mega-deal that can be worked out, I'm sure.

Let's keep it as the agreed deal of Green for 2017 1st and Jones.

Works for both sides.

I think we lose Davidson in either scenario of 7-3-1 or 8-1.

We could always give an incentive to not take Maroon.

Sekera - Larsson
Klefbom - Green
Nurse - Russell

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
I wouldn't be exactly sure from the oilers, I just keep hearing the mention of Yandle style return when I see trade talks involving green, yet people seem to forget Ari retained 50% in that trade, dropping yandles contract to 2.6 mil or so..

Right, but the Wings would likely be retaining or taking on a cap dump in a deal that would be made. I'm guessing a decent way of breaking down the trade is that the 2nd round pick was added for the retention. Doesn't really make much of a difference in discussing a potential deal because despite what fans like to believe, late 2nd round picks are not really worth much. If we had to trade Green I would be fine with 1st + Duclair like prospect without any retention or dumps.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I think all of us Wings fans could get behind this deal, Maybe Holland even retains a little on Greens Salary as well.
Oilers fans would take a huge pass on that.

Vanek is a rental and not needed with Eberle, Puljujarvi, and Pitlick(he has value though don't get me wrong)
Sheahan is really a fringe NHL'er but maybe I'm missing something(we have Anton Lander)

Green is really the "need"

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton

Vanek is a rental and not needed with Eberle, Puljujarvi, and Pitlick(he has value though don't get me wrong)
Sheahan is really a fringe NHL'er but maybe I'm missing something(we have Anton Lander)

I can see Vanek having some value to the Oilers, considering we might send Puj down, but Cagguila is on the right side right now as well.

RNH is probably a non starter considering the purpose of this trade would be to make the Oilers a better team for the playoffs. Trading RNH at the moment would be the opposite of that.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Totally agree with you here, Maybe if Holland retained $2 million on Green maybe a Edmonton 2018 1st round pick+Jones+Edmonton small add for Mike Green might be better for both teams. If Detroit is heading towards a full rebuild here then RNH wouldn't really make sense for us.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I can see Vanek having some value to the Oilers, considering we might send Puj down, but Cagguila is on the right side right now as well.

RNH is probably a non starter considering the purpose of this trade would be to make the Oilers a better team for the playoffs. Trading RNH at the moment would be the opposite of that.
Now say the bolded out loud:laugh:

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Now say the bolded out loud:laugh:

He was Detroit's leading scorer prior to getting hurt.

Lucic - McDavid - Vanek
Pouliot - Nuge - Eberle
Maroon - Draisaitl - Caggiula
Pitlick - Letestu - Kassian
Lander/Pulj

Trade Hendo.

Vanek would add some much needed scoring depth.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
If we're add in extra pieces, what would be the going rate on Helm? Though if that much salary in going to EDM, you liking need to send back a Fayne or even Eberle

Honestly I'd love a Eberle, Jones, 1st for Green, Helm and –if he could snuck in– Vanek haha

Lucic-McDavid-Vanek
Poukiot-Draisaitl-RNH
Maroon-Helm-Kassian
Caggiula-Letestu-Pitlick

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Green
Davidson-Benning

Talbot
Gustavsson/Brossoit

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
He was Detroit's leading scorer prior to getting hurt.

Lucic - McDavid - Vanek
Pouliot - Nuge - Eberle
Maroon - Draisaitl - Caggiula
Pitlick - Letestu - Kassian
Lander/Pulj

Trade Hendo.

Vanek would add some much needed scoring depth.
Playoffs..... Thomas Vanish. But I agree that he would add scoring depth I just wouldnt count on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad