Mid Season 2015 NHL Draft Discussion - Candidates at halfway point

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
I didn't forget him, And it's also not because I don't like him. I'm just not sure how to rate him. His point total are obviously impressive, But he's likely a #2 centre in the NHL. He's not quickest player despite being 5'10.

I can see why people like him, And he'll probably be a 1st round pick; I'm just not there yet on him.

I respect that, everyone's got their opinion. He can and is playing the wing though.

Who are you guys liking this game?

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
If we are drafting in the top 5 come draft time I really am liking Mathew Barzal. He is a smart, fluid, and two way player.

Barzal, Nylander, Rielly, Finn, Gauthier, Brown, Johnson, now that would be a team to build with....our lone bright spot in this bleak time for the Leafs is our prospects and our upcoming draft picks. :yo:

ToneBone03

Trust the Shanaplan
Dec 11, 2008
Central Newfoundland
Travis Konecny. What a player! We need to acquire a later 1st rounder and draft this guy. He's undersized but he's absolutely fearless. His play in this Top Prospects game has made me a fan.

Mitch Marner's skill level is absolutely through the roof.

Dylan Strome looks really slow. Great vision though. Reminds me of Jumbo Joe.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Marner over Strome so far - Strome has heavy feet - Dunn looking very good in front of of the home town crowd

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Travis Konecny. What a player! We need to acquire a later 1st rounder and draft this guy. He's undersized but he's absolutely fearless. His play in this Top Prospects game has made me a fan.

Mitch Marner's skill level is absolutely through the roof.

Dylan Strome looks really slow. Great vision though. Reminds me of Jumbo Joe.

I didn't mind Konecny. He looks like a wrecking ball going into the corners. haha. I wouldn't mind a late 1st round pick for him, but you never know where he will fall.

Once Marner puts another 20 pounds on between now and the next couple years, he'll be a very good player. I haven't seen him take too many big hits. He almost reminds me a bit of Jakub Voracek. Nice wheels, wicked shot and skill.

I agree with the Strome comment on foot speed. He's a smart player, so he doesn't get caught out of position.

LolungoReboundo

LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs
Jan 28, 2011
Brampton
Timo Meier is very good.

Nicolas Roy and Nathan Noel also look good. Thomas Chabot has impressed me alongside provorov carlo and spencer on Defence.

Dylan Strome is a bit slow but he's got eyes in the back of his head wow

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario
They keep talking about Crouse but the only thing that is noticeable about him is that he is big. Their highlight package of him at the end of the period was him making a small hit, him dropping his stick, and him falling into the goaltender :laugh:

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
If we are drafting in the top 5 come draft time I really am liking Mathew Barzal. He is a smart, fluid, and two way player.

Barzal, Nylander, Rielly, Finn, Gauthier, Brown, Johnson, now that would be a team to build with....our lone bright spot in this bleak time for the Leafs is our prospects and our upcoming draft picks. :yo:
The guy who is in the ECHL currently :sarcasm:

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
They keep talking about Crouse but the only thing that is noticeable about him is that he is big. Their highlight package of him at the end of the period was him making a small hit, him dropping his stick, and him falling into the goaltender :laugh:

Still more than Marner and Strome had to show

We are not drafting anyone to complement a second line center. Kadri is not worthy of having players complement HIM,

Lets load up for Bozak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille