Mid Season 2015 NHL Draft Discussion - Candidates at halfway point

Status
Not open for further replies.

InShannyWeTrust

Bring on the trades!
Aug 6, 2009
My top 15... Ive seen Travis Konecky a couple of times and hes a game changer, would love to walk away in this draft with a Strome/Konecky package

1. Connor McDavid
2. Jack Eichel
3. Noah Hanifin
4. Dylan Strome
5.Lawson Crouse
6.Mitch Marner
7. Zach Werenski
8. Mikko Rantanen
9. Pavel Zacha
10.Oliver Kylington
11.Matt Barzal
12.Ivan Provorov
13.Nick Merkley
14.Travis Konecny
15.Kyle Connor

not to toot my own horn but im been trying to tell everyone, would move Konecky up my list abit too now that I keep thinking about it.. cant teach hustle

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
Crouse is not a top 10 talent. Central scouting is a joke.

If you can't produce at least a PPG in the OHL, it doesn't mean you're not a good enough prospect, but it certainly suggests you aren't a top 5 prospect in what is widely regarded as the best draft in almost a decade.

InShannyWeTrust

Bring on the trades!
Aug 6, 2009

If you can't produce at least a PPG in the OHL, it doesn't mean you're not a good enough prospect, but it certainly suggests you aren't a top 5 prospect in what is widely regarded as the best draft in almost a decade.

Its because he's huge and can skate everyone wants Lucic 2.0

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario

Apparently all the scouting services are jokes...

ToneBone03

Trust the Shanaplan
Dec 11, 2008
Central Newfoundland
Beauvillier making some nifty moves here in the 3rd. Like him as well for a 2nd rounder. Also undersized but loads of skill.

Was hoping to see more out of Speers but I haven't even noticed him on the ice.

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
Apparently all the scouting services are jokes...

They're all stuck in their own ways, going for size. Every scouting service predicted Luke Schenn was a top 10 (most top 5) type talent.

If the Leafs picked Crouse over Marner or Strome, I'd be absolutely livid. Luckily I doubt that happens now with Hunter/Dubas around.

InShannyWeTrust

Bring on the trades!
Aug 6, 2009
He's a far better skater, better vision, better iq, better shot, better passer, and rarely fights, so ya, exactly like Lucic

Not saying he's his twin more like saying everyone wants that prolific power forward.. which up until this year its hard to argue that Lucic hasnt been the best.. Crouse hasnt done anything for me either. Didnt do much in WJC. Have to hit a Kingston game to check him out

ToneBone03

Trust the Shanaplan
Dec 11, 2008
Central Newfoundland
He's a far better skater, better vision, better iq, better shot, better passer, and rarely fights, so ya, exactly like Lucic

Lucic 2.0. A big power forward that strikes fear into the opposition. Not Lucic himself.

I don't care what anyone says, Crouse shouldn't be ranked as high as he is. If he was 6' 190 Lbs he wouldn't even be playing in this game tonight.

InShannyWeTrust

Bring on the trades!
Aug 6, 2009
Lucic 2.0. A big power forward that strikes fear into the opposition. Not Lucic himself.

I don't care what anyone says, Crouse shouldn't be ranked as high as he is. If he was 6' 190 Lbs he wouldn't even be playing in this game tonight.

totally agree

member 147413

Cue mancrush on Konecny. By everyone... including me. LOL

He has that effect on gir... *cough* *voice deepens* men like us.

I like this kid a lot, not sure how his game will transition as a Center due to his size, but he's a hard worker and very intelligent so it's not absurd to see him become a very good Center in the NHL.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
They're all stuck in their own ways, going for size. Every scouting service predicted Luke Schenn was a top 10 (most top 5) type talent.

If the Leafs picked Crouse over Marner or Strome, I'd be absolutely livid. Luckily I doubt that happens now with Hunter/Dubas around.

No one is going to pick Crouse over either guy, but he is a legit top 10 guy

Not saying he's his twin more like saying everyone wants that prolific power forward.. which up until this year its hard to argue that Lucic hasnt been the best.. Crouse hasnt done anything for me either. Didnt do much in WJC. Have to hit a Kingston game to check him out

He is more than a Nick Ritchie type. He can play everywhere and do everything. He doesn't have the top end talent of a Marner, or the vision of a Strome, but this guy could give you JVR numbers with all the things he doesn't bring. No teams are passing on that

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario

Kind of like Graham Knott wasn't playing tonight?

InShannyWeTrust

Bring on the trades!
Aug 6, 2009
No one is going to pick Crouse over either guy, but he is a legit top 10 guy

He is more than a Nick Ritchie type. He can play everywhere and do everything. He doesn't have the top end talent of a Marner, or the vision of a Strome, but this guy could give you JVR numbers with all the things he doesn't bring. No teams are passing on that

Interesting you say that so do you think the leafs made a mistake in taking Nylander over Ritchie? Because I take Nylander over him everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad