Mid Season 2015 NHL Draft Discussion - Candidates at halfway point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Interesting you say that so do you think the leafs made a mistake in taking Nylander over Ritchie? Because I take Nylander over him everyday

I'm ecstatic they took Nylander. I didn't want us within 100 ft of Ritchie. The only reason i mentioned him was because of the Lucic 2.0 comparisons being put out there

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
For the people drawing comparisons to Milan Lucic and Lawson Crouse.

Milan Lucic never had over a PPG average in the CHL. Not even in his 3rd year.In his draft year, he put up 19 points in 62 games. So basically, if you are comparing the 2, I wouldn't expect either Crouse or Lucic to have many shots on the net.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Based on the game: Marner, Provorov and Konecny impressed me. I'm liking Jeremy Roy and Crouse as well.

Wasn't too impressed by Marner, but I put that down to the fact Team Orr had such a strong team. Juulsen and Trenin did impress me though. Provorov and Meloche had good games, but Konecny was great, and Meier was good as well, but he was the third best player on that line

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
I'm ecstatic they took Nylander. I didn't want us within 100 ft of Ritchie. The only reason i mentioned him was because of the Lucic 2.0 comparisons being put out there

Ritchie is a better prospect than Crouse. Has similar stature but better speed, shooting, and hands.

Not that Ritchie is an amazing prospect, (Nylander is much better) but I'd rather have him in this organization than Crouse.

Its all just opinion though.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Ritchie is a better prospect than Crouse. Has similar stature but better speed, shooting, and hands.

Not that Ritchie is an amazing prospect, (Nylander is much better) but I'd rather have him in this organization than Crouse.

Its all just opinion though.

Absolutely and i respect your opinion, even if I think it's dead wrong and you should be embarrassed ;)

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Thought Konecny was the best forward tonight, and Provorov the best defenceman. Looking like a great Draft class and I'm definitely impressed with many of the players in tonights game.

Would have loved to see how Barzal could have performed.

buttman*

Leafs have a 5% chance at McDavid. They can also grab 2nd or 3rd overall from the new lottery.

Non-Playoff Team
(Fewest Pts. to Most)
New Draft Lottery Odds
Odds Under Former Allocation
20.00%
25.00%
13.50%
18.80%
11.50%
14.20%
9.50%
10.70%
8.50%
8.10%
7.50%
6.20%
6.50%
4.70%
6.00%
3.60%
5.00%
2.70%
3.50%
2.10%
3.00%
1.50%
2.50%
1.10%
2.00%
0.80%
1.00%
0.50%

The NHL will also make a change for the 2016 draft where they will determine the top three draft slots and not just the first overall that has been done in the past. The team that finishes last could now potentially drop down to the fourth overall pick, and not the second overall as it now stands.

"Three draws will be held: the 1st Lottery draw will determine the Club selecting first overall, the 2nd Lottery draw will determine the Club selecting second overall and the 3rd Lottery draw will determine the club selecting third overall."

After the drawing for the top three slots, the remaining four through 14 will go in inverse order of their regular season points.

Terrence

Aug 3, 2010
The amount of Crouse doubters is ridiculous. Bottom line is he plays a complete, pro-style game that will make him a very versatile top 6 forward for any NHL club one day. IMO, he is easily a top 10 prospect.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
The amount of Crouse doubters is ridiculous. Bottom line is he plays a complete, pro-style game that will make him a very versatile top 6 forward for any NHL club one day. IMO, he is easily a top 10 prospect.
Impressive to see him ranked top 5 on two major scouting service lists (CSS and ISS) while being top 7-8 on pretty much every other list.

I don't like him over guys like Strome, Marner, Provorov, Werenski, Barzal, Zacha, Kylington, but I think he'd be a good pick for any team in the 8-12 range. Looks like a guy that could play on a teams 3rd line now, whoever gets him will probably be better served to let him play another year in Kingston though.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Just got back from the game. Players that stood out:

Konecny
Meier
Merkley 1st period especially - Detroit type of player - solid.
McDavid
Marner
Svechnikov

Jeremy Roy - excellent
Provorov - super solid
Carlo - can see why peeps liked him at WJC
Dunn - electric

Sleepers:

Svechnikov
Meloche
Pilon
Chabot

Disappointments:

Sprong - no HQ
Dylan Strome - no idea how he got player of the game - Marner set him up repeatedly and he was unable to handle pass after pass. Heavy footed.

The score was indicative of the game. Team Orr had the better defense by far - only Marner, Svechnikov, Dunn, and Carlo showed much for Cherry tonight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad