McDavid Wins Back to Back Art Ross' With a 108 Point Season, 2nd Youngest to Do So Behind #99

Does McDavid win the Art Ross and hit 100 points?

• He wins the Art Ross but doesn't hit 100 points.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
Kucherov is done. But it's still not a sure thing yet. Mackinnon has to get about 15472 points in forty minutes to win the art ross.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
Mcdavid has won the art ross by at least 4 points, time to close this thread

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
McDavid had a pretty decent season. I suspect he will be a finalist for the Hart, but won't win.

My guess is it will be MacKinnon/Hall/McDavid 1/2/3

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
McDavid finished third in pts/game in his rookie season and now will lead the NHL in points-per-game for the second year in a row unless Marchand puts up at least five tomorrow.

In McDavid's three seasons he has averaged an NHL-best 1.22 pts/game. Malkin is second (1.16) and Crosby is third (1.11) over the same period.

Last edited:

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
McDavid finished third in pts/game in his rookie season and now will lead the NHL in points-per-game for the second year in a row unless Marchand puts up at least five tomorrow.

In McDavid's three seasons he has averaged an NHL-best 1.22 pts/game. Malkin is second (1.16) and Crosby is third (1.11) over the same period.

The point per game argument is a pretty interesting one. Last year Crosby fans were adamant that he was better than McDavid last season becasue of his point per game. But then as the season started winding down and Crosby started playing more games his point per game began to normalize and McDavid's climbed. By seasons end McDavid had the best point per game and did it over an entire 82 games.

Exact same thing happened this year with Mackinnon. He was ahead on point per game having played a lot less games. But as he started to play more his point per game normalized and McDavid's climbed again.

It's not just that McDavid has led the league in point per game each of the last two seasons. It's that he's doing it in 82 game seasons. It's remarkable.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Leads the league in points but has to watch the playoffs from his couch since he won't be playing in them. I wonder how much better he can get with the extra time to train and heal on his hands? That's a scary thought for the rest of the NHL :)

Reactions: Senor Catface

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Leads the league in points but has to watch the playoffs from his couch since he won't be playing in them. I wonder how much better he can get with the extra time to train and heal on his hands? That's a scary thought for the rest of the NHL :)

Don't think the rest of the NHL is scared until he gets an actually great team around him.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
You can be intimidated to play against a player, even with the poor condition of his team.

He's a great player, but I think the last time a player that good was on a team this bad was probably Mario Lemieux and the Penguins of the 80s.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
McDavid 108
Marchand 1 GR, needs 7-16-23 to win
Barkov 1 GR, needs 14-16-30 to win

I was wondering why they were interviewing McDavid as if he already won the Art Ross. Clearly these guys forgot there was another game today. Talk about jumping the gun.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
He's a great player, but I think the last time a player that good was on a team this bad was probably Mario Lemieux and the Penguins of the 80s.

There are few players in his league between McDavid and Lemieux in the 80's. Realistically you have Crosby and Lindros as the others in that tier.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
I was wondering why they were interviewing McDavid as if he already won the Art Ross. Clearly these guys forgot there was another game today. Talk about jumping the gun.

Well played. :laugh:

Fun fact: The NHL started keeping track of powerplay opportunities the season of the WHA merger. 1979-80.

For every team playing a full 80/82/84 game season since they started tracking that stat the Oilers 210 opportunities this season is a record low.

#findingpositives

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Well played. :laugh:

Fun fact: The NHL started keeping track of powerplay opportunities the season of the WHA merger. 1979-80.

For every team playing a full 80/82/84 game season since they started tracking that stat the Oilers 210 opportunities this season is a record low.

#findingpositives
Second lowest actually. The refs drastically increased the number of calls in the last couple weeks to make it look less ridiculous.

NHL.com - Stats

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Second lowest actually. The refs drastically increased the number of calls in the last couple weeks to make it look less ridiculous.

NHL.com - Stats

Since we are playing the pendantic game I did say since the 79-80 season.

When they go back and retroactively add stats that weren't tracked in real time the vailidity of those stats is always questionable.

Reactions: oljimmy

McKappa

philip bruhberg
Oct 16, 2011
Edmonton
27zfbw.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad