McDavid Wins Back to Back Art Ross' With a 108 Point Season, 2nd Youngest to Do So Behind #99

Does McDavid win the Art Ross and hit 100 points?

• He wins the Art Ross but doesn't hit 100 points.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I'm really starting to the think the chemistry on that line may be moreso RNH with Rattie as opposed to McDavid. Now putting McDavid with two wingers who have chemistry together, you get some major fireworks.

Leon and Rattie did not work as wingers together whatsoever. Perhaps the strategy needs to change to finding wingers that play well with each other and then move Leon and McDavid between the various pairs as necessary.

Reactions: ResilientBeast

nightfighter

Aug 31, 2008
Agreed. Suddenly Nuge is back and Rattie played very well too. Nothing against Drai but for right now at least, Nuge is the better fit for Connor's winger.

i think there's a few factors at play here:

1) obviously much easier to key on the one line with Mcdavid/Draisatil especially if RNH is out, rendering the rest of our lineup basically a glorified AHL team.

2) Drai showed last year he can produce very well with or without Mcdavid, but his passing chemistry with Mcdavid is also very good. Right now he's looked slow and unmotivated, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's playing through some sort of nagging injury and just wants to finish the season.

Long term, I like the flexibility of having both Drai and RNH. Enough of the trading to fill holes by opening up another one. We used to have a very strong forward core and have somehow whittled that down to almost nothing. Somehow teams like Nashville trade from positions of strength without creating massive holes that need to get plugged. We need to find ways to do the same. So in that vein, put me down in the "firmly do not trade Drai or RNH under any circumstance" camp. Again, if one of these guys goes down to injury, we essentially become a one line team. How much worse would it be if one was gone for good due to trade?

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I like RNH better as a winger on the top 2 lines rather than at centre.

Using him as a #3C isn't taking advantage of his strengths and basically exposes his weaknesses trying to put him on a weak offensive line and expecting him to play a more defensive shutdown role.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
looks like its going to be a high scoring game against Buffalo lol I wouldn't be surprised if they tank it to let that goal suck russian to get 8 points tonight lol

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Malkin gets a point and ends with 98 points. Kucherov starts quick but Buffalo manages to contain him the rest of the way despite a scary final minute with the goalie pulled. Also, Crosby fails to hit 90 points for the 4th straight year.

McDavid 41-65-106, 1 GR
Kucherov 39-61-100, 1 GR, needs 2-4-6 or better
Giroux 31-68-99, 1 GR, needs 0-8-8 or better
Malkin 42-56-98
MacKinnon 38-57-95, 1 GR, needs 3-8-11 or better

April 7

NYR @ Philadelphia 1:00 MDT (NBC)
Tampa Bay @ Carolina 5:00 MDT
St. Louis @ Colorado 7:00 MDT
Vancouver @ Edmonton 8:00 MDT (CBC)

Reactions: Supermassive

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
While it'd be very cool for Connor to hit 110 points, Vancouver plays him tough so I hope that he at least gets a point or two.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
Malkin gets a point and ends with 98 points. Kucherov starts quick but Buffalo manages to contain him the rest of the way despite a scary final minute with the goalie pulled. Also, Crosby fails to hit 90 points for the 4th straight year.

McDavid 41-65-106, 1 GR
Kucherov 39-61-100, 1 GR, needs 2-4-6 or better
Giroux 31-68-99, 1 GR, needs 0-8-8 or better
Malkin 42-56-98
MacKinnon 38-57-95, 1 GR, needs 3-8-11 or better

April 7

NYR @ Philadelphia 1:00 MDT (NBC)
Tampa Bay @ Carolina 5:00 MDT
St. Louis @ Colorado 7:00 MDT
Vancouver @ Edmonton 8:00 MDT (CBC)
Was this really needed?? lol lets just say Mcdavid has a 6 point lead with kucherov and him having one game left lol lol I really don't think the others are in the equation , and seriously we aren't that dumb to figure out how many points kucherov needs to win the art ross . And that is if Mcdavid gets no points tomorrow. Anyway i just thought it was funny you post Mackinnon stats and malkin and Giroux when they aren't even a factor tomorrow and Kucherov is a tiny factor lol

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
looks like its going to be a high scoring game against Buffalo lol I wouldn't be surprised if they tank it to let that goal suck russian to get 8 points tonight lol
lol Kuch is a driver. He’s earned everything this season. Playing against Buffalo is a lot easier than “being” Buffalo, er Edmonton, though.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Was this really needed?? lol lets just say Mcdavid has a 6 point lead with kucherov and him having one game left lol lol I really don't think the others are in the equation , and seriously we aren't that dumb to figure out how many points kucherov needs to win the art ross . And that is if Mcdavid gets no points tomorrow. Anyway i just thought it was funny you post Mackinnon stats and malkin and Giroux when they aren't even a factor tomorrow and Kucherov is a tiny factor lol
Needed? Yes.
We get to bask in this one thing.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
lol Kuch is a driver. He’s earned everything this season. Playing against Buffalo is a lot easier than “being” Buffalo, er Edmonton, though.
um no lol lol he had lots of help on the pp and played with Stamkos a lot. And with all due respect we almost made the third round last year. We had a bad year but will be back next year. It doesn't change the fact Mcdavid is twice the player Kucherov will ever be lol

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012

Prove it

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Must be great fun to beat up on all those Eastern teams that absolutely bleed goals against. East is still a joke. You look at the teams that have allowed the most goals, and the East is just a joke. Wonder if Kucherov even hits 90 points if the Bolts played in the West. I doubt it. And I'm a big fan of Kucherov, so don't get me wrong.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
McDavid is clearly the best player. He should win. I don’t think he will though. I think Hall or MacKinnon get the Hart, and McDavid gets the the one the players select.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
Okay, I'm going to go out on a limb here, and some of you might think I'm a little bit of a fanboy by saying this, and maybe a crazy one at that...

...but I think that McDavid is going to win the Art Ross.

Reactions: oljimmy

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Okay, I'm going to go out on a limb here, and some of you might think I'm a little bit of a fanboy by saying this, and maybe a crazy one at that...

...but I think that McDavid is going to win the Art Ross.

Let's not jinx it guys. This season has been enough of a cluster that the perfect **** cherry on the **** sundae would be if Kucherov has a Gagner-esque night and McDavid gets shut out because the Nucks are playing hard for the Sedins to go out on top.

Reactions: SomeDudeOTI

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad