McDavid Wins Back to Back Art Ross' With a 108 Point Season, 2nd Youngest to Do So Behind #99

Does McDavid win the Art Ross and hit 100 points?

• He wins the Art Ross but doesn't hit 100 points.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nightfighter

Aug 31, 2008
Yeah, but everyone knew that Avs or Devils weren't going to win anything even before the playoffs.

I don't know, I just don't like the narrative that Kucherov shouldn't be even considered because he plays in a good team.

I agree, Kucherov should be right up there but people love a nice story. Hall and Mackinnon "dragging their teams to the playoffs" is a nice story for alot of people. Pure domination is boring to most people; you can already see that argument creeping in to topics on Mcdavid's accolades. Personally I love seeing domination. There's nothing like seeing an other wordly talent do things that no one else in the field can do a la Tiger Woods, Lebron James, et al. But some people like the suspense I guess.

KMart27

Jun 9, 2013
Yeah, but everyone knew that Avs or Devils weren't going to win anything even before the playoffs.

I don't know, I just don't like the narrative that Kucherov shouldn't be even considered because he plays in a good team.

He undoubtedly was considered. He probably finished 4th or 5th in the voting. McDavid, Hall and MacKinnon are very much deserving of the top 3. Tampa Bay has Hedman (top 3 for Norris), Vasilevskiy (top 3 for Vezina), Stamkos and others. If Kucherov held on to the Art Ross he very likely would have received more votes but he didn't.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
You can argue this, but at the same time, all of the Hart candidates (Hall, MacKinnon, Kopitar, Giroux) were eliminated in the 1st round while Kucherov has and is making his team the Stanley Cup favourite.

Which is more important value, the difference between being a top contender and being just a good team, or the difference between being a mediocre bubble team and being out of playoffs?

Top contenders usually don't have just one guy driving the whole bus. Kucherov has Hedman, Stamkos, Vasilevsky etc. I don't think he's the most valuable to his team.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
It's criminal if McDavid doesn't win the Lindsay this year. The Hart, due to the "weirdness" in the definition of the award, could very well go to Hall or McKinnon though.

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
I fine with the way the voting goes, that's just what the trophy is. McDavid will win the Lindsay award though, no doubt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad