Player Discussion McDavid Trade Value

Status
Not open for further replies.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Did I just hear McGreedys filthy name mentioned with Crosby?

Please ****ing stop. Someone get this troll out of here. Evidently not an Oilers fan, probably not even a hockey fan if he believes some of the stuff he says. And anyways, what's your problem with McDavid's contract anyway? The best player in the world gets paid accordingly.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
McGreedy could easily taken 9.7/year. How much does the dude make in endorsements?
He deserves to rot on the vine.

He could have taken max too.

I don't say this, like, ever, but find a different team to cheer for.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Maybe McDavid didn't take 9.7 because an offer that low was you know, never offered?

From the numbers both McDavid and Drai signed, I think Chia came in high, and stayed high.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Maybe McDavid didn't take 9.7 because an offer that low was you know, never offered?

From the numbers both McDavid and Drai signed, I think Chia came in high, and stayed high.

This is a good point. Perhaps Chia "did his homework" and figured he can get away with giving McD 12.5 and still build a good team. Maybe didn't want to insult Connor and offered him something maybe higher than what Connor would have taken? Pure speculation but that is another way to look at it. I would LIKE to think Chia went to Connor and discussed together how much they could pay him and still build a good team but the way this organization does things I'd lean more towards Chia figuring out on his own, with no communication, how much to offer to Connor. Perhaps he could have gotten away with 9.7 mil. who knows. maybe it's more on chia than connor.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
This is a good point. Perhaps Chia "did his homework" and figured he can get away with giving McD 12.5 and still build a good team. Maybe didn't want to insult Connor and offered him something maybe higher than what Connor would have taken? Pure speculation but that is another way to look at it. I would LIKE to think Chia went to Connor and discussed together how much they could pay him and still build a good team but the way this organization does things I'd lean more towards Chia figuring out on his own, with no communication, how much to offer to Connor. Perhaps he could have gotten away with 9.7 mil. who knows. maybe it's more on chia than connor.
It absolutely is. Chia mentioned in the press conference that the number was actually higher but Connor wasn't quite comfortable with that high of an amount so they lowered it. Chia actually wanted to pay him more. Which has me believe that there was no negotiation. And yes, you can negotiate with good players. Look at Stamkos, the rumored amount was a few mill higher than what was signed, the rumored Connor amount was pretty much right on the money. I honestly feel like Chia said 13 mill, will that do it. Connor and his agent laughed and went okay fine. They went to put the pen to paper and Connor went down a bit cause he felt bad for taking so much but his agent didn't want him to lower the amount by too much.

Reactions: ujju2

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Dudes let's be honest Connor will not be willing to wait through a slow rebuild, knock on wood we don't get there (knocked my forehead) but if Connor does make a quiet trade request what would he fetch or better yet what would we be willing to accept?

So you are saying that you think McDavid is a little whiny bitch that will just leave his teammates behind. Whatta peach!

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
To be completely honest, I think NYI turns down Barzal and Eberle for McDavid lol

Wut? And to the poster (I'd like to call him/her a few other words) calling him McGreedy, f*** off.
This season has sure brought out the true colors of some "fans" and it's a really really ugly color.

Reactions: ujju2

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Wut? And to the poster (I'd like to call him/her a few other words) calling him McGreedy, **** off.
This season has sure brought out the true colors of some "fans" and it's a really really ugly color.

Of course Snow would take that deal and laugh in our faces. Hell, the way some people complain you'd think they'd be happier if we traded McDavid for Hall, Draisaitl for Eberle, signed Yakupov in the summer and got Eakins back to coach. And McDavid is still on pace points wise as he was last season, he's not the problem. Some of these idiots need to give their heads a shake or gtfo and go cheer for the Flames.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Yeah, but if you remove his first season and his current season, and you assume the second season was some kind of fluke, what exactly has McDavid done in the NHL?

Nothing, that's what.

Some might say that being first in points per game over the 2.5 year span that McDavid's been in the league might be enough, but those people are just looking at the facts and forgetting about all the doubts that this guy has raised with his play.

There are probably 15 other guys leading the league in ppg over that 2.5 year span, and doing it cheaper.

I assume there’s a big sarcasm emoji missing from this post...

Reactions: Bank Shot

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
It absolutely is. Chia mentioned in the press conference that the number was actually higher but Connor wasn't quite comfortable with that high of an amount so they lowered it. Chia actually wanted to pay him more. Which has me believe that there was no negotiation. And yes, you can negotiate with good players. Look at Stamkos, the rumored amount was a few mill higher than what was signed, the rumored Connor amount was pretty much right on the money. I honestly feel like Chia said 13 mill, will that do it. Connor and his agent laughed and went okay fine. They went to put the pen to paper and Connor went down a bit cause he felt bad for taking so much but his agent didn't want him to lower the amount by too much.

I don't remember Chia saying that but man if that's what happened, he is a dang fool.

The mindset of being too Connor-centric is not going to help this team going forward. He's great but hockey ain't basketball. You need great depth too succeed. It seems pretty obvious this whole "bye week" was set up around Connor and his bday. I wonder how much effort the organization put into ensuring we had the bye week exactly after the game on Connor's AND have it in Vegas.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Stamkos also plays in a location where taxes are much lower

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
I don't remember Chia saying that but man if that's what happened, he is a dang fool.

The mindset of being too Connor-centric is not going to help this team going forward. He's great but hockey ain't basketball. You need great depth too succeed. It seems pretty obvious this whole "bye week" was set up around Connor and his bday. I wonder how much effort the organization put into ensuring we had the bye week exactly after the game on Connor's AND have it in Vegas.

Seriously, if that's the case you just put way too much pressure on him and the entire team. Look at Vegas, nobody had any expectations out of them and they're killing it. Whereas Edmonton were considered cup contenders and can't even get into the playoffs.
And if that was their reasoning for the timing of the bye week, ugh kissing that much ass is just sloppy management and could alienate other players....This organization leaves me dumbfounded.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Seriously, if that's the case you just put way too much pressure on him and the entire team. Look at Vegas, nobody had any expectations out of them and they're killing it. Whereas Edmonton were considered cup contenders and can't even get into the playoffs.
And if that was their reasoning for the timing of the bye week, ugh kissing that much ass is just sloppy management and could alienate other players....This organization leaves me dumbfounded.
That poster is out to lunch, every team in the league has a bye week this month

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017

It might not have taken much to make the bye week happen EXACTLY WHEN it did (to start) and WHERE it did but my pure guess is that it's not a lucky coincidence. Just a guess.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Wut? And to the poster (I'd like to call him/her a few other words) calling him McGreedy, **** off.

Flames trollers and nothing more. And people are feeding them by responding to their idiocy.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Flames trollers and nothing more. And people are feeding them by responding to their idiocy.

I think some people just need to let every fan be a fan in their own way. if a fan chooses to be a bit dour and pessimistic about things let it be so. Don't tell people how to be fans. Some fans display their passion for the team with anger at the crap that has been happening in the past decade and take it out in different ways. No need to call people idiots or flame trollers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad