• Matthews

Votes: 90 26.9%
  • Kucherov

Votes: 245 73.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
So saying Matthews is not elite defensively means he doesnt know what hes talking about?

When literally every stat available says otherwise plus the eye test.. Yes he doesn't know what he is talking about. If I said McDavid is slow, would you say I didn't know what I was talking about or say it's my opinion?

If you can provide evidence he is not elite, be my guest. I bet for every 1 piece of negativity you can dig up there are 10 things to prove he is elite. Just look at his numbers on/off the ice vs the rest of the Leafs team. He's only been on the ice for 1 goal against all year I think.

Last edited by a moderator:

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Kucherov is probably the best player in the league right now but I'll homer vote for the kid who's tracking to get there very soon.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
It’s not an excuse to have a difference of opinion.

There will be people who prefer the 20 year old 40 goal scorer who also happens to be a complete, elite centreman. More responsibility in all 3 zones makes it more difficult to produce offense and AM still does it at an elite rate, on top of everything else.

Do you understand the difference in their job description? Where do you think the ‘premium position’ distinctions come from?

Ask Hawks fans who was the more valuable player to their Stanley Cups - their higher scoring winger, or their do everything centre?
Matthews is sort of both players in one. He's got the completeness of Toews with the high scoring ability of Kane

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
There's no one in hockey better than Kucherov right now, so I guess it'd be have to be him if that's the OP's question

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
There's no one in hockey better than Kucherov right now, so I guess it'd be have to be him if that's the OP's question

This is the answer. Now if I had to build my team around one of the two moving forward I take Matthews but right now Kuch is the best hockey player on the planet.

Reactions: Garthinater

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
It’s not an excuse to have a difference of opinion.

There will be people who prefer the 20 year old 40 goal scorer who also happens to be a complete, elite centreman. More responsibility in all 3 zones makes it more difficult to produce offense and AM still does it at an elite rate, on top of everything else.

Do you understand the difference in their job description? Where do you think the ‘premium position’ distinctions come from?

Ask Hawks fans who was the more valuable player to their Stanley Cups - their higher scoring winger, or their do everything centre?

Probably the high scoring winger who got them some clutch goals in order to get them to the later rounds.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Right now it’s Kucherov. I’ve seen people say without Stamkos he’d be nothing (mostly IG comments and tweets, people on HFBoards know he’s good for the most part) and it’s funny because he did the same thing last year without Stamkos. He’s very good defensively as well. After this season though it’ll be Matthews but Kucherov is on another level from anyone in the world right now

Reactions: Garthinater
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
nikita kucherov is currently the better hockey player

Nikita Kucherov is currently the best hockey player in the world.

McDavid is right there with him. Crosby is garbage. *(currently, as in right now. Crosby will probably regain this title at some point this year. Not knocking Crosby, but at the moment his stats would make most golfers envious of his numbers)

zane19

Apr 20, 2015
Kucherov is playing incredible right now. A healthy Stamkos has definitely elevated an already elite player to an even higher tier. That said, Matthews is the better player. He plays the harder position and is better defensively. Auston Matthews could very well be the first player to win both the Rocket and the Selke. At best you can argue a wash at this point. But at 20, Matthews is miles ahead of where Kuch was 4 years ago.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Homer vote I guess but picked Kucherov. Not a center but plays a complete game, that's over shadowed by his offense. Don't see his stats falling off a cliff due to his hockey I.Q. either. I've seen a lot of offensive talent come through, most of the time the offense ran through one player and everyone else played support. Kucherov is good enough to make his linemates better, he is the support, he's the most creative player on the ice. Most of his goals he creates on his own. That's typically a trait you wanna find in a #1 center.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Give Matthews the easier position to play and put him on a line with Stamkos
Lmao. Thats all i have to say. Whenever a player thats obviously better than Matthews and you guys come in with bs like this. Matthews is not a top 10 player. Get over it
Remember when leafs fans said they didnt want Stamkos? Looking hilarious as he would be your best player

Leafer34

Jan 9, 2017
Lmao. Thats all i have to say. Whenever a player thats obviously better than Matthews and you guys come in with bs like this. Matthews is not a top 10 player. Get over it
Remember when leafs fans said they didnt want Stamkos? Looking hilarious as he would be your best player
Best.. passer?

CyBorgman

Oct 4, 2017
If you swap positions and lines between them, Matthews production likely goes up and Kuch likely goes down maybe significantly so trying to play center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad