Post-Game Talk: Matthews makes history and Leafs send Dubas one step closer to the golf course

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
This post contains some revisionist history, and one of a trade that worked out for both teams. Sad that you feel the need to gloat over this. Every GM has stuff like this on their resume.

Also, perhaps typing skills is taught at your high school?
honestly kb foh.

You praise every GM that we have and then criticize fans that are frustrated. Have fun with absolutely no chips. smfh.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Jake McCabe with an OT winner wasn’t on my bingo card

Saw the last half. Liked a lot of the defensive game, that tying goal was just a tough bounces. Still hate to see that late in game but given they were sound otherwise that’s fine.

Not sure I like these new lines though. Nylander seems like he just doesn’t care to play with the “kids”

I think Tavares needs to go back to more of a #3C role..

Try:

Bert-AM-Domi
Holmberg-Nylander-Marner
Knies-Tavares-McMann
We had all season to give Nylander a real run at C, but instead we gave up on it after a couple of preseason games. The coaching staff is so ass backwards sometimes.

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
I love how all the talk about matthews needing marner has gone away. Always a dumb argument. Marner right now looks a little lost if anything.

I do think they will have to put them back because nylander needs helpand i think tavares works better as the 3rd liner with grinders.

Bertuzzi Matthews Marner
Knies Domi Nylander
McMann Tavares Jarnkrok

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Bitterness only degrades life. How does it benefit? It only shows a person has emotional immaturity and the inability to reason.
It's sports. Chirping is fun and we're enjoying a win being on the other side of breaking the hearts of a bubble team trying to squeeze into the playoffs. Get over it

I see the childish obsession with Dubas continues. Move on, already.
Banter and chirping is part of sports. Trying to constantly police how grown ass people enjoy their sports team winning seems even more childish

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
It's sports. Chirping is fun and we're enjoying a win being on the other side of breaking the hearts of a bubble team trying to squeeze into the playoffs. Get over it

Banter and chirping is part of sports. Trying to constantly police how grown ass people enjoy their sports team winning seems even more childish
nah bro you're not gna get your msg across cus hes sitting in his higher than though pedestal.

Dude thought the murray trade was okay/decent. Clown.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Bitterness only degrades life. How does it benefit? It only shows a person has emotional immaturity and the inability to reason.

Sports hatred is the spice that makes repeat viewings of the same game over and over again emotionally exciting with actual stakes even if it’s simulated. Hating Dubas (or Lamoriello or Nonis or Burke) is the same stuff as hating any rival on the ice. It’s fun, and not real. Lighten up!

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Sports hatred is the spice that makes repeat viewings of the same game over and over again emotionally exciting with actual stakes. Hating Dubas (or Lamoriello or Nonis or Burke) is the same stuff as hating any rival on the ice. It’s fun, lighten up.
but but but was typing a course given at your high school ?

lol f*** that f*** dubas and glad we played a part in that dagger of his playoff aspirations

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I love how all the talk about matthews needing marner has gone away. Always a dumb argument. Marner right now looks a little lost if anything.

I do think they will have to put them back because nylander needs helpand i think tavares works better as the 3rd liner with grinders.

Bertuzzi Matthews Marner
Knies Domi Nylander
McMann Tavares Jarnkrok
I would say that Marner needs matthews more then matthews needs Marner

kb

Aug 28, 2009
honestly kb foh.

You praise every GM that we have and then criticize fans that are frustrated. Have fun with absolutely no chips. smfh.
I don't care...Dubas is gone, he can't hurt you anymore...and he definitely sucked on some things, and did good on others. Like many GM's. The Leafs had JFjr, Burke, Nonis, etc.....where is the ire for those? They truly sucked.

Let. It. Go. Get. Over. It.

How about let's actually talk about the game? It was a good game. What would you be saying if Dubas wasn't associated with the other team? That's a start.

Last edited:

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Sheiky Baby say Kyle Dubas, you a no good ****** son of a bitch, worse than the Michael Jord….Michael Jackson.

You come here again and the REAL Auston Matthews will suplex you, put you in the camel clutch, break your ********* back and make you humble; Old country way.

1712631569686.gif

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I would say that Marner needs matthews more then matthews needs Marner

Matthews and Marner are a productive partnership that has its ups and downs. When it doesn’t work, or slumps it’s because Matthews relies too much on Marner and starts mirroring his game too much and teams find a way to cut the cord and isolate one of them.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Sheiky Baby say Kyle Dubas, you a no good ****** son of a bitch, worse than the Michael Jord….Michael Jackson.

You come here again and the REAL Auston Matthews will suplex you, put you in the camel clutch, break your ********* back and make you humble; Old country way.

Reactions: kb and BM14

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I don't want to hear a single word abo

I don't care...Dubas is gone, he can't hurt you anymore...and he definitely sucked on some things, and did good on others. Like many GM's. The Leafs had JFjr, Burke, Nonis, etc.....where is the ire for those? They truly sucked.

Let. It. Go. Get. Over. It.

How about let's actually talk about the game? It was a good game. What would you be saying if Dubas wasn't associated with the other team? That's a start.
Refer to @Stephen 's reply to you. Seems like you're the one who cares about this too much

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Sammy was great also, Forgot to mention this important point. He kept them in early. Robbed Bunting a couple of times too just for fun,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad