Post-Game Talk: Matthews makes history and Leafs send Dubas one step closer to the golf course

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Bitterness only degrades life. How does it benefit? It only shows a person has emotional immaturity and the inability to reason.
I appreciate your input. I always have despite of our different point of view.

But as a fan I get to dislike opponents. That's my right and that's my way

It's not any different than Figo being hated by Barca fans and Tavares being hated by the Isles

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
I honestly believe that for many it isn't even about the team - it's about feeling some sense of superiority about slagging the previous guy. People will do the same with Treliving if he doesn't win here.
Oh, there are definitely some posters who were much happier during the period where the Leafs were gone by December, because they could spend the majority of the season complaining.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Everyone has been trashing Boosh for the giveaway but no one looks at what the other leafs were doing.

Its obvious Boosh is being double teamed (three if you count the player at the blue line)

Rielly continues the wide turn in the zone in the opposite direction, back turned to the play.
Reaves sees the entire play unfolding and darts through the middle waiting for a pass thats never coming.
Horrible support overall.

That bottom line needs to stop pretending as if they're a scoring line and stay in their lane.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Everyone has been trashing Boosh for the giveaway but no one looks at what the other leafs were doing.

Its obvious Boosh is being double teamed (three if you count the player at the blue line)

Rielly continues the wide turn in the zone in the opposite direction, back turned to the play.
Reaves sees the entire play unfolding and darts through the middle waiting for a pass thats never coming.
Horrible support overall.

That bottom line needs to stop pretending as if they're a scoring line and stay in their lane.

Should have just chipped it off the boards, pretty bad play.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
My old man's constantly bitching about the Leafs not doing that. It doesn't matter how many times I try to explain to him that Keefe has an obsession with maintaining possession and that's why he prefers carrying it out or ringing it around the boards...

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
My old man's constantly bitching about the Leafs not doing that. It doesn't matter how many times I try to explain to him that Keefe has an obsession with maintaining possession and that's why he prefers carrying it out or ringing it around the boards...
I get the value of maintaining possession but it can't be at all cost. Making a backhand pass under pressure is never going to be a good idea.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Nice pass for the winner, but a bonehead play by Mitch. He was going off and Bert has already stepped on the ice when he went to play the puck. Fortunately Bert jumped back off to prevent the too many men penalty.

Can we blame Keefe for that one too?

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I actually don't even hate Dubas. Sometimes it's just good just to get a win over an old manager ... coach ... etc. Some think it's a nothing burger and that's fine too. Pittsburgh has won cups recently. I'm not too upset if they don't make it.
Personally I couldn't care less about Dubas now. He made some bad decisions while he was here, but he's gone and we seem to be gradually repairing the damage. Apparently he's made some bad decisions in Pittsburgh, but that's their problem, not mine.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I love how all the talk about matthews needing marner has gone away. Always a dumb argument. Marner right now looks a little lost if anything.

I do think they will have to put them back because nylander needs helpand i think tavares works better as the 3rd liner with grinders.

Bertuzzi Matthews Marner
Knies Domi Nylander
McMann Tavares Jarnkrok
Agreed, although I hate to break up the top line, which is why I'd like to see

Knies - Nylander - Marner
McMann - Tavares - Jarnkrok

Maybe the new coach will try that next year.

Reactions: arso40

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I imagine we will see Matthews and Marner back together soon.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I don't care...Dubas is gone, he can't hurt you anymore...and he definitely sucked on some things, and did good on others. Like many GM's. The Leafs had JFjr, Burke, Nonis, etc.....where is the ire for those? They truly sucked.

Let. It. Go. Get. Over. It.

How about let's actually talk about the game? It was a good game. What would you be saying if Dubas wasn't associated with the other team? That's a start.
JFJ and Burke got their fair share, but they are both long gone. Dubas was as bad, but he's fresh. Nonis I think was really only there to complete the dismantling so we could rebuild, so he actually did his job.

Last edited:

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
I actually don't even hate Dubas. Sometimes it's just good just to get a win over an old manager ... coach ... etc. Some think it's a nothing burger and that's fine too. Pittsburgh has won cups recently. I'm not too upset if they don't make it.
I agree. It's fun as hell as a fan to want to beat old gm's or coaches. Don't see the issue.

Reactions: CaptainCrunch17

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Just read the Pens PGT, funny to read complaints about the Refs in this one when they had 5 pps to the Leafs 2.
Every fanbase has a few people who don't really understand the game, and have to find someone to blame for a loss. The refs are an easy target because virtually nobody will take their side.

The hardest thing about coaching kids is trying to get them to understand that sometimes you just have to say the other guy/team beat me/us. It doesn't mean they are better, just that they won that particular event.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I imagine we will see Matthews and Marner back together soon.
I hope not. That top line has been on absolute fire and Tavares has looked more engaged with Marner, plus McMann is kind of playing the Hyman role. Once upon a time that was a great line

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Boards were covered and hes on his off side. Maybe he could have blasted a redirect in between those two towards center ice but thats above his skill set.
Reaves and Rielly could have easily turned this into a nothing play after the giveaway.

mhy3qy.png

oapx6y.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad