Post-Game Talk: Matthews makes history and Leafs send Dubas one step closer to the golf course

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Pretty funny listening to the post game show with the hosts both immediatly taking pleasure seeing that shot of Dubas and Soezza at the end of the game.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
The experiment of putting the Kampf line out for D zone faceoffs against the other teams top lines is fine for these last games (to see how they react or at least give them some practice time.) But one thing is evident, you have to switch Reavo out for Marner or Nylander at least until they regain possession. And get down the ice. If you can do it for a centre to take the draw, you can do it for Reaves.

Reactions: banks and leafers

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Toronto played alright, defiantly thought that they wouldn't have matched the intensity from Pittsburgh who are fighting for their playoff lives. Man the Rangers and Hurricanes have such a favorable 1st round matchup.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Leafs lost the battle on the boards.
View attachment 848511
Then this happened.
View attachment 848510

Would have been nice if Samsonov could see it but a nice screen there and the puck went over his pad for an easy sweep in.

There were a couple of angles that showed the puck deflected off the shaft of Pens #10’s stick , just above the padding height which then bounced off of McCabes right skate and in behind Sammy’s right left for the sweep in.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
McCabe has had a pretty damn good season. After a little bit of a rough start, he has turned into a tough defender with a little more offensive awareness and ability than I expected.

He is a pretty good 3 or 4.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

giphy.gif

Dejected Dubas has always been the best Dubas.

• Haha
Reactions: PromisedLand

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Holding bitterness about anything in life seems silly to me. Life's too short for that nonsense.
It’s sports. Rivalry is what makes sports fun. I hate TTOE and every team from that city because of Richard, Robinson, Lafleur, etc, but I had the utmost respect for Canadiens outside of the game.

Having a hate on for the opposition is better than fans sitting with their hands on their knees for 58 yrs.

View attachment 848432

Missed the game.

At the skydome
How does it look? It’s still too dark on TV but when they open the roof it should be great.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
i don’t think home ice matters at all. Starting on the road would probably help.
I'm starting to lean in that direction, as well. I have a feeling that Florida probably feels the same way. I bet they lose most of their remaining games as they coast to the end of the season and will let the Leafs pass them.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Da Pens have no pushback in their game .. they look like Leafs used to look .. can only be explained by poor roster decisions by Dubie .. our Leafs did what they had to do and not much more .. great game in garbage time with da win and no injuries

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Da Pens have no pushback in their game .. they look like Leafs used to look .. can only be explained by poor roster decisions by Dubie .. our Leafs did what they had to do and not much more .. great game in garbage time with da win and no injuries
Oh brother. You don't think it might be explained by the fact that their best players are nearing 40 years old?

Reactions: kb

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I find that an odd way to cheer for your team.

Regardless if you believe the GM is incompetent, being proven correct still results in the team failing. This is no victory in the Leafs losing.
I honestly believe that for many it isn't even about the team - it's about feeling some sense of superiority about slagging the previous guy. People will do the same with Treliving if he doesn't win here.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I find that an odd way to cheer for your team.

Regardless if you believe the GM is incompetent, being proven correct still results in the team failing. This is no victory in the Leafs losing.
He was the primary reason the team had no chance to win.

Reactions: Lemontree

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad