Post-Game Talk: Matthews makes history and Leafs send Dubas one step closer to the golf course

Pete2000

Nov 10, 2019
48h_dfb09514-4f99-489b-b0a9-3a059c4f92b7.jpeg
Dubas in the off season

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I think this is more likely…I hope
I'd say about half the league is currently coasting for the sake of just getting to the end of the regular season. The season is too long and there are too many garbage games. The only benefit is that I expect the Leafs will win all, or close to all, of their remaining games because in garbage time talent usually prevails. It will get them home ice, but I can't decide if that is a good thing or not.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Kampf cannot go against Crosby. He's simply not a threat enough
If you put Kampf against Crosby, he'll welcome that all day knowing there is no threat of counter attack
It also allows the Matthews line to go up against lesser talents as well. We've - I've - seen enough of the reliance on two or three lines for this team. You need 4 lines to win 16, and sometimes you need the 4th to pick you up. Tonight they did.

Reactions: Ports

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I see the childish session with Dubas continues. Move on, already.
I actually don't even hate Dubas. Sometimes it's just good just to get a win over an old manager ... coach ... etc. Some think it's a nothing burger and that's fine too. Pittsburgh has won cups recently. I'm not too upset if they don't make it.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Why the hatred for Dubas? No one forced the team to make him GM.

I give him credit for trying to go for it, the team just didn't do what was needed to win when it mattered.

Leafs have one major advantage over all other teams, an endless stream of cash that allows them to spend in areas without cap. So, though they traded so many picks, they can scout and find hidden gems. They can attract top talent when others want to sign them too. They walk in and say "we are the TML" other teams are at a disadvantage. It wasn't always this way but it is now.

They can hire an army of scouts from here to China. They can see first hand the players of the future where other franchises have to tighten their belts.

I get the "us vs them" mentality, but Dubas didn't do a horrible job. He got them to the dance every year he was here. Many of his signings are still here.

Brad dropped a few eggs early too. The difference is that he seems to be a much quicker learner. This will bode well for this team. He has the advantage of wisdom and experience, Dubas was forced to prove himself as such a young man and put in tough spots.

It's not his fault the core didn't get it done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad