Post-Game Talk: Matthews makes history and Leafs send Dubas one step closer to the golf course

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Also the 3rd place in metro

LOL yea.... forgot about that.... its crazy!

1712629133352.png

Reactions: MSZ and Cleetus

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Jake McCabe with an OT winner wasn’t on my bingo card

Saw the last half. Liked a lot of the defensive game, that tying goal was just a tough bounces. Still hate to see that late in game but given they were sound otherwise that’s fine.

Not sure I like these new lines though. Nylander seems like he just doesn’t care to play with the “kids”

I think Tavares needs to go back to more of a #3C role..

Try:

Bert-AM-Domi
Holmberg-Nylander-Marner
Knies-Tavares-McMann
That second line would get destroyed if you ask me. Needs some grit in there somewhere.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Reaves has managed to overtake Petan and Malgin on the Leafs all time scorers list :D
Nice, ahead of two guys who were brought in for offence. He likely did it in less games too. Great signing - the scoring is icing on the cake!

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Why the hatred for Dubas? No one forced the team to make him GM.

I give him credit for trying to go for it, the team just didn't do what was needed to win when it mattered.

Leafs have one major advantage over all other teams, an endless stream of cash that allows them to spend in areas without cap. So, though they traded so many picks, they can scout and find hidden gems. They can attract top talent when others want to sign them too. They walk in and say "we are the TML" other teams are at a disadvantage. It wasn't always this way but it is now.

They can hire an army of scouts from here to China. They can see first hand the players of the future where other franchises have to tighten their belts.

I get the "us vs them" mentality, but Dubas didn't do a horrible job. He got them to the dance every year he was here. Many of his signings are still here.

Brad dropped a few eggs early too. The difference is that he seems to be a much quicker learner. This will bode well for this team. He has the advantage of wisdom and experience, Dubas was forced to prove himself as such a young man and put in tough spots.

It's not his fault the core didn't get it done.
I hate his fanbase way, way, way more than him.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Very workmanlike game from the team. I loved seein the sour faces on Dubas and Spezza. I’m so confident in Samsonov right now. He’s tracking the puck so we’ll and it’s been quite a sample size.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Why the hatred for Dubas? No one forced the team to make him GM.

I give him credit for trying to go for it, the team just didn't do what was needed to win when it mattered.

Leafs have one major advantage over all other teams, an endless stream of cash that allows them to spend in areas without cap. So, though they traded so many picks, they can scout and find hidden gems. They can attract top talent when others want to sign them too. They walk in and say "we are the TML" other teams are at a disadvantage. It wasn't always this way but it is now.

They can hire an army of scouts from here to China. They can see first hand the players of the future where other franchises have to tighten their belts.

I get the "us vs them" mentality, but Dubas didn't do a horrible job. He got them to the dance every year he was here. Many of his signings are still here.

Brad dropped a few eggs early too. The difference is that he seems to be a much quicker learner. This will bode well for this team. He has the advantage of wisdom and experience, Dubas was forced to prove himself as such a young man and put in tough spots.

It's not his fault the core didn't get it done.
mcann hyman marchment and trevore moore. GONE. For what?

Picks given away for what? Nothing. DUde was heralded as a boy genius for making moves any sensible person would make and any of his dumbass moves were given as oh its just toronto.

Couldn't handle ANY contract tbf neither had tre but that was snowballed by dubas.

Dude had the youngest strongest core and couldnt get mo a f***ing d partner or win more than 1 series.

Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

Then he went off about how hard its been on his family etc etc. Like you said no one forced him to be a gm. He had it handed to him on a silver pplatter and again with pitt and now hes f***ing another org similar to how he f***ed us. The return on guentzal was pitiful

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I listened on the radio.. Ralphy had me convinced Bobby Eichel took 4 on the kid so I was shocked when there was no call. Was it a miss?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad