Dreger: Matt Duchene Mega-thread:Habs, NSH, NYI, OTT inquired - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I don't know about another piece from Ottawa, but I bet Sakic makes Dorion take Beauchemin, even if the Avs retain a bit.

A Ceci + White + 1st + Lazar package isn't one that I'd HATE... But.. Duchene is our best shot at getting a legit top pairing D prospect, and not getting one back is like.. Why bother if we can't get that?

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Really? If anything I'd expect another piece coming back to us.

Ceci has been playing tough minutes all season and HFboard fans have been fairly critical, so I don't blame you for being skeptical.

By all accounts he is well regarded around the league. He's a 23 yr old, 20 minute a night, two-way defenseman, on a good bridge deal, with 250+ games of NHL experience.

Those types of players don't grow on trees.

If I was an Ottawa GM and the cost of Duchene was Ceci, White, and a 1st, I probably pass. I'm not saying I wouldn't wrestle with it for days mentally, but Ceci is a very big piece. Personally, I'd put him very closely in value to Chabot.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I don't know about another piece from Ottawa, but I bet Sakic makes Dorion take Beauchemin, even if the Avs retain a bit.

I think Beuchemin has to be protected in the expansion draft, which would make it a no go for Ottawa. Can you imagine trading Ceci, and losing Methot to Vegas?

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
If Duchene is moved you damn well better believe he'll net a better/more promising defenseman than ROR did. I don't care about the +'s...if Chabot isn't in the deal Sakic will have lost any and all confidence.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I think Beuchemin has to be protected in the expansion draft, which would make it a no go for Ottawa. Can you imagine trading Ceci, and losing Methot to Vegas?
Oh yeah, that would be bad news. Didn't realize he had to be protected. :scared:

Jonas1235

Jan 8, 2008
Calgary
Avs have home game on saturday and then are on a road trip. I'm guessing saturday afternoon is the time to do it.

Ahnotamoose

May 31, 2011
Montreal

Isn't it up to the acquiring team to honor the NMC once it's waived, or is that only for NTCs?

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
A Ceci + White + 1st + Lazar package isn't one that I'd HATE... But.. Duchene is our best shot at getting a legit top pairing D prospect, and not getting one back is like.. Why bother if we can't get that?
If it is Ceci then Sakic has failed the Avs and should be strapped to a rocket and fired towards the Sun. I hope Sakic is just trying to promote a final rush from the other interested teams to step up their TDL offers.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Ceci has been playing tough minutes all season and HFboard fans have been fairly critical, so I don't blame you for being skeptical.

By all accounts he is well regarded around the league. He's a 23 yr old, 20 minute a night, two-way defenseman, on a good bridge deal, with 250+ games of NHL experience.

Those types of players don't grow on trees.

If I was an Ottawa GM and the cost of Duchene was Ceci, White, and a 1st, I probably pass. I'm not saying I wouldn't wrestle with it for days mentally, but Ceci is a very big piece. Personally, I'd put him very closely in value to Chabot.

Man that's some sales job... You should be a salesmen.

Ceci is not a 2 way defender. Like at all.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Isn't it up to the acquiring team to honor the NMC once it's waived, or is that only for NTCs?

I am pretty sure that rule pertains to NTCs that weren't in effect at the time of the trade. IE Subban was traded before his NTC kicked in so Nashville had the option of choosing whether to honor it.

It might also pertain to a NTC a player waives, but I am unsure.

If Beauchemin were coming to Ottawa, he'd probably have to agree to waive his NMC prior to getting traded because there would be no way the Sens would add someone they'd have to protect on defense that isn't better than Methot or Phaneuf. That'd make no sense.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
If it is Ceci then Sakic has failed the Avs and should be strapped to a rocket and fired towards the Sun. I hope Sakic is just trying to promote a final rush from the other interested teams to step up their TDL offers.

If the trade does happen, I sincerely hope you have to eat your words.

Nothing would make me happier than watching Ceci play well for the Avs like I know he will.

Avs425

Colorado MacKinnon
Jun 3, 2014
Saskatchewan
What about just two 1st round picks?

For Duchene? It wouldn't really help at all. Avs won't want to wait potentially two years just to try and draft a decent prospect. Especially considering the trade would put Ottawa in a good position so the picks would be most likely in the 18+ range of the draft. Then potentially wait another two or three years for that player to develop.

They can just trade for a player/players already there that fits in better with the core of the team.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Dzingel
Ceci
Brown
Hammond

For

Duchene
Beaudin

Too many forwards coming back and no blue chip defender. Pass. The whole reason why we're considering trading a forward for defense is because we suck at drafting D and we're heavy on forward depth. This org can develop forwards like nobody's business.

Kudos for knowing about our secret weapon in Beaudin, though. He's a dark horse to have a great NHL career.

Carl Carlson

Jan 7, 2009
I feel like the Avalanche should be focused on getting a top level D as return for Duchene. I would imagine they'd be looking to do something similar to what Columbus did for RyJo.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
I'd be very surprised if the Avs didn't get a blue chip defender back.

That, if anything is the reason they are willing to move Duchene, no? To improve drastically on the backend.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
If that Ott package is the best one on the table then the Avs should absolutely just hold onto Duchene until something else comes up. They have 2 years and there is no rush. That deal screams Seguin 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad