Mats Zuccarello

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenGuru

Sep 14, 2010
Oslo, Norway
If he goes to free agency and get 5 mill it will probably be for a less atractive team. I think he should sign for 4,5 and be part of a cup-contender team. He has a coach who believes in him and he gets good ice-time

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
He should realize from the Rangers POV, he shouldn't be getting the same (or more) than Brassard.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
As long as there's a guy named Tanner Glass making 1.5 a year, logic like that isn't valid.

That being said, I agree with you. Brassard has been consistent longer.

He's also on pace for a 68 point season playing on the top line against tougher competition, plus he plays that whole center position.

SKS

Jan 17, 2011
San Francisco
He should realize from the Rangers POV, he shouldn't be getting the same (or more) than Brassard.

I find this statement to be a bit silly. While I agree that 4.5 with an at least limited NTC is likely, Brassard signed in a certain market. Zucc signs in a certain market. Brass had a good last season (which gave him his contract), while after this year he probably would have gotten more.

I think there is no doubt that Zucc would attract 5+ on the open market (personal opinion, not a statement), but I also believe he would settle for a bit less to play in NYC.

As for NY management comparing the two not wanting to give one more than the other in two different season negotiations is not, or at least should not, be how things work.

I hope he signs, cause I believe he is very important to this team in many many more aspects than points, and points is pretty good as well, especially even strength.

BarbaraAlphanse

I guessed before the start of the season that Zuccie would get 5 yrs between 4.25 and 4.5 m a year.

I'm going to stick to that. 21.25 - 22.5m for 5 years.

MTrangers

Oct 26, 2012
Missoula, MT
One of the reasons I've been happy all year that Nash is having a great year is that he's a player that's already getting paid. I'd much rather have our best players be our best players. Zucc is my favorite player and honestly I was hoping he'd slow down a little. I don't want to have trouble resigning him!

Whiskers*

Why do most of you think Zucc should give the Rangers a discount? Zucc would 100% get 5 million a year on the open market. I think it would be a great deal at 4.75. / 5.0 for five years.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
If Zooks really wants north of 5M, he's gone. I like the guy, and I think he'd command that on the open market, but I'm not sure he's a fit at that number on this team. In fact, I'm sure he's not.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Why do most of you think Zucc should give the Rangers a discount? Zucc would 100% get 5 million a year on the open market. I think it would be a great deal at 4.75. / 5.0 for five years.

He would, but Brassard is the better player, they really can't afford to pay Zucc the same, or more.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
And, let's not forget July 2014:

"As such, the big question lingers… how much is Zuccarello going to command? Per Norwegian news outlet VG Sporten, Zuccarello is reportedly looking at a four-year pact worth $4-$5 million annually. If accurate, that really puts a dent in New York’s available money for its remaining RFAs."

4-5 million looking for, signed for 1 x 3.5

I don't think a 5Y 4.2M deal is out of the question if he wants to be a NYR as much as he says he does.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
It's to zuke's best interest to sign a nyr deal asap...

The longer he waits, the chances of Others signing before him grows..

If he waits too long, the money he's looking for might not be there...

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
The only teams that can afford to give him 5+ are all bottomfeeders that wont be contenders for years.. Here he's a household name, has his own chant, close friends on the team..it'd take some monumental stubbornness for this to not get done one way or another

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
The only teams that can afford to give him 5+ are all bottomfeeders that wont be contenders for years.. Here he's a household name, has his own chant, close friends on the team..it'd take some monumental stubbornness for this to not get done one way or another

I think if the Rangers were willing to go 4.5 per over 5 years it might get done.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
He would, but Brassard is the better player, they really can't afford to pay Zucc the same, or more.

I can't stand this argument on all contracts. Just because one player may be under or overpaid doesn't mean that automatically sets the market and all players worse than him get less and all players better get worse. Things change. Needs change. Last year everyone complained that Brassard got 5M and it is way too much. Now it's a steal, he's better than Zucc, and under no circumstances should Zucc make more than him. The inconsistency is incredbile. Clarksons makes 5.75M should all 3rd/4th liners? Pouliot like 4.25? It's a ridiculous argument.

Khelvan

Apr 5, 2002
Oakland, CA
I'm not sure "should" is the operative word here. More like "hoping that he gives" a discount because of the loyalty he feels. The fans like him, want him to stay, but know that if he demands what he'll be worth on the market that he's gone.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I wonder how his agent would take it if he took a $.7m discount :P

Im actually curious how much Zucc himself is involved in the talks. Is he just presented with a figure, says/yes no and the agents goes back to bargain ? Or does Newport advice him on what he is worth and tells him to not budge during negotiations

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
He is cold again - Zucc need to work on his consistency.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
He's 22nd among RW in PTS this year, 15th last year. He's 45th among wings in PTS this year with only 4 PP points.

He's a great possession player, good fancy stats. He's a great team player, a fan favorite.

If we can get him to 5years, $4.5 million, you do that in a second.

Maybe I'm naive, but he doesn't seem like the type of guy who's going to somewhere for money only. Is he really the guy who goes to Arizona, or Carolina for $$? I just don't see it. I think a deal gets done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad