Mats Zuccarello

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Thing is, we can also use balance with goal scoring... We have plenty of distributors (Stepan, Brassard, Marty STL, Hayes). If we HAD to flip Zuccs, might as well do it for goal scoring.

Not to mention size. Kreider, Hayes, JVR and Nash would be a nightmare for opposing d-men.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
As posted in the main boards:

To NYR: JVR

To TML: Zuccarello, Duclair/Buchnevich

No chance Toronto makes that deal. For obvious reasons (lolz@TO) they don't need a rental, so they're going to have to sign Zuccs to an extension so they will be paying more for less production. So the only benefit to TO is what they get in addition to Zuccs. Just Duke or Buchenivic isn't going to be enough. They're in full rebuild so they'll want more prospects/draft picks. If that price is too high, Sather just has to give Matts $5M. We can't go starting to scorch the farm system again

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I posted this question on the Business board but no responses yet, so maybe it's a dumb one. But I'm curious, could the Rangers offer Zuccarello a paid for penthouse apartment in Tribeca and his choice of whatever high end car he wants in lieu of say, an extra $1M/yr on his contract?

Does the CBA prevent these kinds of "fringe benefits"? The fact that the Rangers and the Canadian teams have to deal with higher costs of living and tax rates has always seemed a bit unfair to me, so I was wondering if this was a CBA legal option that cash rich, but cap poor teams might be able to utilize.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I posted this question on the Business board but no responses yet, so maybe it's a dumb one. But I'm curious, could the Rangers offer Zuccarello a paid for penthouse apartment in Tribeca and his choice of whatever high end car he wants in lieu of say, an extra $1M/yr on his contract?

Does the CBA prevent these kinds of "fringe benefits"? The fact that the Rangers and the Canadian teams have to deal with higher costs of living and tax rates has always seemed a bit unfair to me, so I was wondering if this was a CBA legal option that cash rich, but cap poor teams might be able to utilize.

Legal, no

Can the league make Pronger part of the DOPS and still have the Flyers pay him, apparently yes.

Can a player live at another players house, use one of his cars? Sure.

Legally, I said it a few pages ago, Rangers can make a contract basically guaranteed money except for escrow.

If the league does have a work stoppage in 2019, both sides have an opt out of the CBA in September, signing bonus money for that year will still be paid out if the bonus is due yet salary, should days be missed, would not.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/...+ease+lockout+sting+missed/7393876/story.html

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Why exactly are we in such a hurry to gut our line-up for JVR?

Salary cap. JVR is cost controlled for several more seasons at a cap hit that is less than Zucc is apparently asking for. We can't afford to pay Zucc $5 million per year and pay the rest of our players.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Toronto is not doing that deal. One of the few guys the Leafs have that is not ridiculously overpaid.

JohnTonelliRises

Tonelli Approves↑
Sep 29, 2006
Connecticut
I think Zuccs may get moved, based on what Sather did with Cally last year.

For what? I'm not sure who'd take a risk, but getting something instead of nothing is better than letting him walk in July.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
I think Zuccs may get moved, based on what Sather did with Cally last year.

For what? I'm not sure who'd take a risk, but getting something instead of nothing is better than letting him walk in July.

If so, do they have to move him before 03-01-15, or could they move him if they choose so, by 07-01-15?

Edit: "From Instagram "Hockeynewsisland"Sportsnet has reported that the New York Rangers could consider trading forward Mats Zuccarello for a high draft pick and then flipping it. The Rangers are still trying to add a bottom 6 forward and a defensive upgrade for Matt Hunwick and John Moore. #NewYorkRangers #Rangers #NYR #MatsZuccarello #Zuccarello #NHL
26. feb."

And by the way "United Statlin
‏@EpicKaitlin
RIP the poor chef who had to deal with Zuccarello & Hagelin" http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/...-16/11020883_780736038670413_1846977638_n.mp4

Last edited:

xnyker

May 28, 2003
maritimes
Visit site
Zucc to colorodo for orielly, figure out the money so he would fit. Sign Stephan before draft and trade Orielly essentially a rental we can trade. Solves 3rd line center issues....

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Zucc to colorodo for orielly, figure out the money so he would fit. Sign Stephan before draft and trade Orielly essentially a rental we can trade. Solves 3rd line center issues....

Maybe that was autocorrect or a typo and even if it wasn't maybe I should be accepting of people that are more casual fans and don't know how to spell our 1st line center's name, but who the hell is Stephan?!

Crazed Beaver

Jul 3, 2012
Swamp
Cally didnt want discounted salary. Nor should he, he isn't a 6m per player but if someone pays it then good for him. Zucc is a diff player, to me he is the better player yet is being offered 1m less then what cally was offered. I don't want to lose any of them but zucc especially. Great motor,heart,vision and is just fun as hell to watch.

Bend the rules, pay the kid under the table with a fat bonus. Kid won't tell he is loyal. Just sign the fkn kid glen!

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
From every Zuc interview I've seen and read he really likes it here. He mentions that more than any other current Ranger player or at least so I have noticed. He could have signed with a number of NHL teams when he left the SEL but he signed here. Slats is not above floating a rumor to gain some negotiating leverage in contract talks. I think Slats has a number in mind for Zuccs and he is trying to use his affection for playing here against him.

Also, As mentioned in other threads we have a good reputation around the league and players want to play here. The more options we have the better leverage Slats has with pending UFAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad