Mats Zuccarello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagh

Dec 10, 2007
Pretty terrible cold streak of 1 game without points. Trade this garbage player before the league catches on.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
The Zuccarrelo situation is playing out exactly like Callahan right now. They're in talks for a new contract in an expiring year, Matts is a scraper valuing himself above Sather's valuation & cap abilities and not budging. Looking more and more like Sather could move him by Monday unless he has a major come to Jesus moment

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
The Zuccarrelo situation is playing out exactly like Callahan right now. They're in talks for a new contract in an expiring year, Matts is a scraper valuing himself above Sather's valuation & cap abilities and not budging. Looking more and more like Sather could move him by Monday unless he has a major come to Jesus moment

Difference is Zuccarello is a much better player than Cally and more deserving of a contract, and his demands are way more reasonable. I'm sure he will come to terms with the Rangers, at least I hope.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Difference is Zuccarello is a much better player than Cally and more deserving of a contract, and his demands are way more reasonable. I'm sure he will come to terms with the Rangers, at least I hope.

Thats a bit of a leap. Callahan wound up getting more than Zuccarello will - thats for certain.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I was very displeased when I read Friedman's 30 thoughts this morning and saw trading Zucc as one of his talking points (only because he's right A LOT). I'd be fuming if the team trades him, let alone lets him walk.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
if he's looking for 5x5.. theyre definitely not far off..

i see rangers going 6 yrs and somewhere between 4-4.75 - front loaded deal/cap compliant of course and easily tradable if productions declines in 3-4 years.

JayMan82

Apr 5, 2006
South Carolina
The board is going to blow up if Tanner's contract ends up costing us Zuccarello

As much as I'm not enamored with Glass on this team, it will be Zuccarello's contract demands that will cost us him. An extra 1.4m (which we can bury in the AHL) doesn't mean we want to end up overpaying Zuccs for a mil+. As much as I love him, I just can see a good situation paying him more than 4.5, not with the cap the way it is and Step up for a legit raise...

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
The board is going to blow up if Tanner's contract ends up costing us Zuccarello

I know I say it every time it comes up...but Ryan Carter: $725,000. Tanner Glass: $1,450,000.

Glass - 1 Assist
Carter - 3 goals, 10 assists.

And it would have been an extra $725k to put towards contracts. :shakehead

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I know I say it every time it comes up...but Ryan Carter: $725,000. Tanner Glass: $1,450,000.

Glass - 1 Assist

Stempniak is cheaper, Fast made the team.. both of those are better options as well.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site

They won't move him. It closes the window for a cup run this year. Rangers upgraded their roster and scoring by trading Callahan last year. They won't run into that again.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY

Glass - 1 Assist

Ryan Carter, Daniel Winnik, etc. All would have been great signings for the bottom 2 lines.

****ing AV and his Tanner Glass obsession..

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course

When did AV say something like this about Callahan?

“I would prefer he stayed a New York Ranger,†Vigneault said. “I made that very clear to management. This young man has got a lot of upside. I do believe he can play better than he has this year. He can contribute as a more regular pace. But I do see him as part of our future. But at the end of the day, this is a business and if he wants to stay and we want him, there’s got to be common ground. That’s where that’s at right nowâ€

AV took ice time away from Callahan--with Zucc he has increases it and given him more responsibility. He plays regularly with Nash and has shown real chemistry. I doubt he gets traded unless someone much better is coming back.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
According to Brooks, it seems like the Rangers have had an offer on the table; $4,25M@4 years. Turned down. Seems like Zucc is looking for $5M and longer term.

If Zucc really wants to be a Ranger, and wants security, he is really playing a risky game here. A 17 million dollar contract is enough to live the rest of your life on a beach, even in a ridicolous expensive country as Norway. He should keep in mind that Sather did not hesitate to deal his Captain Callahan last year. This is business, Zucc.

Just cannot se why he can´t see this as a good deal. Living in New York, playing for a contender, and staying with his good friends. Is it really worth 3-4 millions getting shipped to a non-contending team and all new faces around you? It´s not like his career is over at 31 either. 4 good years and he will most certainly get a new (and even bigger) contract for another 3-5 years. And there is always SEL, where every single team will be dying to sign him.

I just don´t get it.

http://nypost.com/2015/02/21/stanley-cup-chase-will-keep-zuccarello-in-blue/
http://bluelinestation.com/2015/02/21/mats-zuccarello-contract-talks-getting-bumpy/

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
Completetly agree. Sign now Zuke. Please do not end up in Tampa for some extra coins you don't need.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
I really hope we can retain him but it's not worth it if he wants max dollar value and it puts us in a precarious cap situation..... Please sign for a reasonable amount!

Frankly I'm surprised to learn the Rangers offered him north of $4 mil....

Bolanrouz

Jan 14, 2014
According to Brooks, it seems like the Rangers have had an offer on the table; $4,25M@4 years. Turned down. Seems like Zucc is looking for $5M and longer term.

If Zucc really wants to be a Ranger, and wants security, he is really playing a risky game here. A 17 million dollar contract is enough to live the rest of your life on a beach, even in a ridicolous expensive country as Norway. He should keep in mind that Sather did not hesitate to deal his Captain Callahan last year. This is business, Zucc.

Just cannot se why he can´t see this as a good deal. Living in New York, playing for a contender, and staying with his good friends. Is it really worth 3-4 millions getting shipped to a non-contending team and all new faces around you? It´s not like his career is over at 31 either. 4 good years and he will most certainly get a new (and even bigger) contract for another 3-5 years. And there is always SEL, where every single team will be dying to sign him.

I just don´t get it.

http://nypost.com/2015/02/21/stanley-cup-chase-will-keep-zuccarello-in-blue/
http://bluelinestation.com/2015/02/21/mats-zuccarello-contract-talks-getting-bumpy/

? Yes he want stay i NYR if he can, but life isn't over if he leaves NYR either. Zucc know that. And friends can you get everywhere.
And how many times should always Zuuc help GS with cap? I understand Zuuc in this situation. 5M x 4 year - fair for both parts.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
? Yes he want stay i NYR if he can, but life isn't over if he leaves NYR either. Zucc know that. And friends can you get everywhere.
And how many times should always Zuuc help GS with cap? I understand Zuuc in this situation. 5M x 4 year - fair for both parts.
Of course life isn't over if he departs. But the point here is that the Rangers have gotten to be a very good team the last few years, with a legitimate shot at being a very serious contender.

As such, if people want to play on such a team, there are concessions to make in order to..well... help the team.

None of this is news to Zucc. If it was his agent(s) who recommended that he turn the deal down (in the hopes of squeezing out another 100k or two out of the deal), i'd say to fire the idiot. But thats just me :)

Following Zucc ever since he played for the local team here in Norway, greed is never a thing i have associated with him, so i just cannot believe that he would get stubborn over a few hundred thousand dollars per year (sure, its a lot of money, but relatively little when the paycheck reads north of 4 million).

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009
Of course life isn't over if he departs. But the point here is that the Rangers have gotten to be a very good team the last few years, with a legitimate shot at being a very serious contender.

As such, if people want to play on such a team, there are concessions to make in order to..well... help the team.

None of this is news to Zucc. If it was his agent(s) who recommended that he turn the deal down (in the hopes of squeezing out another 100k or two out of the deal), i'd say to fire the idiot. But thats just me :)

Following Zucc ever since he played for the local team here in Norway, greed is never a thing i have associated with him, so i just cannot believe that he would get stubborn over a few hundred thousand dollars per year (sure, its a lot of money, but relatively little when the paycheck reads north of 4 million).

Zucc helped the team by taking 1 year deals. He has been a stellar employee when it has come to helping the team. Something none of the other players on the team have done. He'll hank could have taken a discount to help the team. He did no such thing.

If the Rangers let Zucc walk they are going to have a hell of a time replacing his production for the little cap space they have to work with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln