Marner and Nylander vs Horvat and Boeser

Marner and Nylander vs Boeser and Horvat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A4T1L6

Feb 10, 2015
And Marner has 63 assists to Boeser's 15!! In 71 more games!!!

Overall, they're pretty close. One scores more goals and one gets more assists. But you add Nylander to Marner and.....Leafs win this one.

But I like Boeser. For once, the Canucks MAYBE have a legit up-and-coming Superstar player on their team. Congrats.

That's unbelievable really. 71 games more no less.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
false. Horvat once again wont get anywhere near 60pts. those leafs kids topped that as rookies by the way.

also matthews on his own tops any 2 nucks players, so no need to even go there
And neither of them will hit that again. They also did it playing behind Matthews.

Horvat would have hit 60 if not for an injury. But I’m not worried. You’re not trying to convince me anyways. You’re trying to convince yourself that those 2 are better and we both know that isn’t the case.

Reactions: vanwest and dim jim

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
What exactly are you trying to convey here?

Marner and Nylander are the proven commodities here and are easily a better duo both right now and in the future. If you want to cling to small sample sizes go ahead but the long game is what matters, and that's where Marner/Nylander are superior.

Keep telling yourself that. Whatever makes you feel better.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
And neither of them will hit that again. They also did it playing behind Matthews.

Horvat would have hit 60 if not for an injury. But I’m not worried. You’re not trying to convince me anyways. You’re trying to convince yourself that those 2 are better and we both know that isn’t the case.

Neither of them will hit that again eh... Do you want to bet on that?

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto

*Starts sweating seeing the Leafs duo racking up points again* Haha

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
and there are a bunch of people who vote against the leafs regardless of poll.
balances out

also 63% is a clear win. can't chalk that up to bigger fan base just because your team lost
Care to elaborate on those % again.:laugh:

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Nah.. doesn’t matter to me. You guys seemed really bothered to have the inferior players.

It’s ok. Just accept it. We did with guys like Virtanen and Juolevi

Right...I'd be stunned if Horvat beats either Marner or Nylander in points. I'm more impressed with Boeser but doubt he keeps his pace up either

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Anyone catch the Canucks stats with & without Horvat that they showed on HNIC?

14-10-4 with Horvat; 1-7-1 without Horvat. GAA has dropped from 2.5-3 to 5+. And the PK has dropped from 80%+ to 65%+ (rough stats, can't remember precisely off top of my head). GF has also dropped from > 2.5 to < 2.5

All I'll say is I doubt the Leafs would drop off a cliff like that if one of Marner/Nylander went down.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I love how players are always measured by points. I wouldn't trade Horvat for Marner. Imo he's much more valuable. Nylander and Horvat are very close IMO. Just different types of players. Boeser? Way too soon to say what his ceiling is. He's just having an unbelievable rookie year. And improving as the season goes on.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver

Overall, they're pretty close. One scores more goals and one gets more assists. But you add Nylander to Marner and.....Leafs win this one.

But I like Boeser. For once, the Canucks MAYBE have a legit up-and-coming Superstar player on their team. Congrats.
The fact that you still think the Sedins were never superstars might just be one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen.

member 105785

pavel-bure-canucks.jpg

cut.jpg

daniel_sedin_van_031012.jpg

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Ah yes, I forgot about Bure. But I always thought of him as a Panther, so I guess that's why. Yes, for sure he was a legit Superstar. My bad. (Is that what the young people say?)

Anyway, back to this original thread discussion........Nylander/Marner with 3 more points last night. Horvat/Boeser with one.

Last edited:

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
Anyone catch the Canucks stats with & without Horvat that they showed on HNIC?

14-10-4 with Horvat; 1-7-1 without Horvat. GAA has dropped from 2.5-3 to 5+. And the PK has dropped from 80%+ to 65%+ (rough stats, can't remember precisely off top of my head). GF has also dropped from > 2.5 to < 2.5

All I'll say is I doubt the Leafs would drop off a cliff like that if one of Marner/Nylander went down.

Leafs have actually built a good team.... they can handle injuries. They were able to handle a Matthews injury. It would be pretty sad and pathetic if the team you build falls apart if one guy gets injured...

Reactions: felixpettersson

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
btw, will horvat ever hit 60 points in his career? Pretty bad if he can't even hit 60 after how many years in the league?

and will boeser maintain s% of 20%? IDK but i'm going with NO on that one based on good ol' logic.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
On the Oilers I'd take the Canucks duo. Mcdavid - Boeser would be fun. Horvat is a complete player who would fit into the team.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Leafs have actually built a good team.... they can handle injuries. They were able to handle a Matthews injury. It would be pretty sad and pathetic if the team you build falls apart if one guy gets injured...
Well thank goodness it took the leafs since 1967 to build a good team! Meanwhile canucks only a few seasons out of presidents trophy and already have comparable talent. Wait until Pettersson and Dahlin comes next year :)

Reactions: snipes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad