Marner and Nylander vs Horvat and Boeser

Marner and Nylander vs Boeser and Horvat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
And neither of them will hit that again. They also did it playing behind Matthews.

Horvat would have hit 60 if not for an injury. But I’m not worried. You’re not trying to convince me anyways. You’re trying to convince yourself that those 2 are better and we both know that isn’t the case.
The irony in this post lmao. Marner and Nylander have gone through their slump and these last few games have looked the way they did last season, if not better. I feel pretty confident saying they will both hit 60 again, or at least one of the two will. And they will definitely accomplish more than Boeser and Horvat will long term, that I have no doubt about.

Reactions: ImpartialNHLfan

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
I think Horvat and Boeser are both better than the two Leafs, so I would go with the Canucks duo. If we're comparing trios (including Pettersson), though, I think I'd go with the Leafs just because Matthews is so damn good. That said, we haven't seen what Pettersson can do at the NHL level but... Matthews!

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
not sure why these polls keep coming up, since everyone is better than Matthews/Nylander/Marner.

hasn't it been decided yet?

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
It's a valid poll, no? One that's insanely close. You're just upset that your guys are losing.

It's a poll on the internet, calm down.

you really want people to be upset about this, I can tell. badly. but I'm having a damn hard time of it because my team has Matthews Nylander and Marner as its top 3 players.

I couldn't care less what HFBoards thinks, it's just amusing to poke fun at the schoolyard nature of these comparison threads.

have a great Christmas.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
you really want people to be upset about this, I can tell. badly. but I'm having a damn hard time of it because my team has Matthews Nylander and Marner as its top 3 players.

I couldn't care less what HFBoards thinks, it's just amusing to poke fun at the schoolyard nature of these comparison threads.

have a great Christmas.
No, I don't really care about a virtual poll on a virtual website.

You're the only coming in with a inferiority complex, complaining that everyone gets compared to Nylander, Marner and Matthews and the Leafs trio usually loses.

Give it a rest, it had nothing to do with this thread this is a poll forum, the purpose of it is to compare players..

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Nylander can't score without Matthews, meanwhile Boeser continues to produce playing with Sam Gagner.

Nylander can't score playing with Matthews 5 v 5 either. He only had 4 in total with him 5 v 5 last year also. Most Leafs fans know this. But rarely mention this only citing the bad shooting luck explanation. It's time the NHL fans of this forum know this too incase they have been told otherwise.

I do agree about Boeser, he has 20 this year already despite missing 3 games, and it doesn't seem to matter who he plays with, he just finds the back of the net.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
No, I don't really care about a virtual poll on a virtual website.

You're the only coming in with a inferiority complex, complaining that everyone gets compared to Nylander, Marner and Matthews and the Leafs trio usually loses.

enough with the amateur psychoanalysis. you really want Leaf fans to be worried about Brock Boeser, but this situation exists only in the fertile imagination of nuckfan I assure you.

sabre and nuckfans should keep making those threads though, maybe if the Leaf guys lose enough polls real life will follow suit??

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
enough with the amateur psychoanalysis. you really want Leaf fans to be worried about Brock Boeser, but this situation exists only in the fertile imagination of nuckfan I assure you.

sabre and nuckfans should keep making those threads though, maybe if the Leaf guys lose enough polls real life will follow suit??
you sound really bothered. You keep pretending it doesn't matter yet you keep posting :nod:
[mod] Merry Christmas fam.

Last edited by a moderator:

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Matthews is a great young player.
But it doesn't follow that the Leafs should win every poll. There are other good players on other teams as well. Watch some other teams. There's a lot of great young talent.

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation

your insecurity is reflecting in your posts

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
not sure why these polls keep coming up, since everyone is better than Matthews/Nylander/Marner.

hasn't it been decided yet?
I find it funny that when the leafs duo was overachieving last year leafs fans didnt hesitate to rub it in and make ridiculous polls,
but now that they've come down to earth this year, all of a sudden they shouldn't come up in threads.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Boeser has almost twice the goals as Marner and Nylander combined this year. And is just 2 goals shy of Nylander's high of 22 last year despite missing 3 games this year. That should be the /thread.

He’s gonna have more than McDavid has ever had too, better than him? You see they have this thing called assists that count towards points as well.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
nylanders 3 points during matthews' absence isnt exactly "racking up points", rather an indication of the contribution by matthews to nylanders success

No mention of Marner, I wonder why? Goes against the narrative right? Btw Nylander’s first stint with the Leafs was without Matthews and he did perfectly fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad