Marner and Nylander vs Horvat and Boeser

Marner and Nylander vs Boeser and Horvat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
No mention of Marner, I wonder why? Goes against the narrative right? Btw Nylander’s first stint with the Leafs was without Matthews and he did perfectly fine.
yea... one 4 point game wont change my mind about marner and it shouldnt change yours either.

as of right now

leafs duo has a combined 11 goals and 53 points in 74 games
canucks duo has a combined 30 goals and 54 points in 62 games

why are we still entertaining this thread?

Reactions: vanwest

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
yea... one 4 point game wont change my mind about marner and it shouldnt change yours either.

as of right now

Because not everything revolves around what is convenient for Canucks fans?

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto

as of right now

LOL. Marner is better/more talented than ANYONE on the Canucks roster, or in their system.

Merry Christmas.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto

as of right now

So basically it takes one hot stretch from the Leafs players and a cold one from the Nucks to make this null and void. Not to mention, Horvat is what 4 years older than these kids, what a terrible comparison lol

Reactions: Garthinater

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015
LOL. Marner is better/more talented than ANYONE on the Canucks roster, or in their system.

Merry Christmas.

l o l coming from an ignorant deluded leafs fan, not even surprised u said that.

pettersson or boeser > marner

thats a fact! make a thread, do a f***ing poll. see whos right . i dare you.

Reactions: vanwest

CuriousGeorge

Jun 8, 2007
l o l coming from an ignorant deluded leafs fan, not even surprised u said that.

thats a fact! make a thread, do a ****ing poll. see whos right . i dare you.
Marner is the better player. Pettersson has yet to play a single NHL game. I am laughing at what you stated. You are funny.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
It's pretty close. And actually Marner might be the second most talented player in that group of four. But as a productive NHLer, Marner might be fourth on the list
I would rate them for future "productivity. Nylander, Horvat/Boeser, Marner.
Sure would be great for the Canucks if Pettersson is a # 1 centre, though it might take a couple of years.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto

You made yourself look like a clown by stating Pettersson was better than Marner without ever playing an NHL. Merry Christmas though

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

I love Boeser and he could very well end up being better than Marner when it's all said and done in 20 years, but why the hell are you bringing up a guy that hasn't even played in the NHL?

And what the hell does winning a poll have to do with anything? Polls are inherently flawed and biased and are not a binding result.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
No you're right, evreyone knows everything revolves around the Leafs and their fans...
What a terrible response. The Canucks fan asked why this thread existed as if his opinion was fact and the Canucks duo is without a doubt better, and a Leafs fan then basically implied that it was worthy of a discussion and shouldn't be concluded just because a Canucks fan wants it to be.

So your response to that is essentially that the Leafs can is arrogant and cocky and think that the world revolves around Toronto? That makes sense...

Reactions: Max Money

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Horvat who is 4 years older has yet to have a season like Marner....how do you Canuck fans come up with this stuff lol
By 'a season like Marner' you mean more points but poorer defensively.
Again there is more to comparing players than points. It's no coincidence that the Canucks were a playoff team before Horvat was injured.

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015
bruh, ever since boeser lost both sven + horvat, he's STILL at a PPG pace no matter who he plays with.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
By 'a season like Marner' you mean more points but much poorer defensively.
Again there is more to comparing players than points.

Horvat is nothing special defensively. I understand how him hustling and trying super duper hard might confuse people, but he hasn't put up good defensive results yet.

Feel free to show me some sort of evidence that I'm wrong.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Horvat is nothing special defensively. I understand how him hustling and trying super duper hard might confuse people, but he hasn't put up good defensive results yet.

Feel free to show me some sort of evidence that I'm wrong.
He's good defensively and plays tough minutes. Marner is poor defensively.

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015
BRUH, BRO, BRAH, no one is disagreeing with you. The whole league knows he's a good player.

ok there is some miscommunication, that reply is more directly aimed at holymawderp and jericho who are both in constant agreement as ignorant deluded leafs fan saying that marner is just better than boeser. i think not and the majority of the NHL and fans like around the world will disagree with that too. that is pretty much a fact.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
ok there is some miscommunication, that reply is more directly aimed at holymawderp and jericho who are both in constant agreement as ignorant deluded leafs fan saying that marner is just better than boeser. i think not and the majority of the NHL and fans like around the world will disagree with that too. that is pretty much a fact.
Okay, good luck polling the rest of the world to prove this fact.

Again, I think the case is strong. Both are solid players. You don't need to continue to come off like such an ass, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->