Markov signs with AK Bars (KHL) [MOD WARNING POST 60]

Markov could help Montreal if he stay in Canadiens?

• Yes. This boy elite defenser

Votes: 82 89.1%
  • No. He s too old and too slow

Votes: 10 10.9%

• Total voters

Jul 6, 2016
And I understand, a race is not similar as a culture.

I didn't pinpoint the situation to stir racisst comment or what so ever, just an observation of how quickly the situation changed. I'm very sorry if I stirred that kind of ceomments.
The Drouin/Sergachev trade made both Radulov and Markov less important for this team. Markov and Emelin were supposed to help Sergachev's addaptation to the league while Drouin directly replaces Radulov.

I love what guys like Markov and Radulov brought to this team. Both are true team players IMO, different from what Kovalev and Malakhov were for instance. Sorry to see them leave, but with a market cap, hard decisions need to be taken.

How can you arrive to this conclusion ? The fact is that BOTH Radulov and Markov became UFA the same year, and as such, both were free to offer their service to who they want and for the $ they are seeking. Sis already pretty6 much in tune with North American hockey game and lifestyle. he speaks English fluently after having spent two full seasons in the OHL. No need to have a fellow countryman to understand what's going on.

I am sorry they are gone. But's that's business as usual.

Jul 6, 2016
Anyone who believe MB will offer sheet anyone is living in la la land. MB middle name is rispek. He'll never do that. If i'm wrong i'll gladly admit it.

Which GM has done such a thing recently ?

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
-Less taxation in Russia
-Kids from previous relationship came from Russia to live with him last season. We don't know how they adapted.
-Marriage with a Russian lady.

I can see Markov priorities changing.

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
How can you arrive to this conclusion ? The fact is that BOTH Radulov and Markov became UFA the same year, and as such, both were free to offer their service to who they want and for the $ they are seeking. Sis already pretty6 much in tune with North American hockey game and lifestyle. he speaks English fluently after having spent two full seasons in the OHL. No need to have a fellow countryman to understand what's going on.

I am sorry they are gone. But's that's business as usual.
Well, you could be right. It's just that this scenario has been discussed over the past 12 months, inspired by past success stories. Want examples? Here they are:

- Montreal did that with Hall Gill and PK Subban for instance.
- Tampa did the same with Mattias Ohlund for Victor Hedman.
- Pittsburg did it too with Mario Lemieux and Sidney Crosby.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
From a Habs perspective, aside from his contributions on the ice (don't kid yourself -- he may have lost foot speed, but his hockey IQ made sure he was still effective defensively while also providing offense, producing at a 47-point pace this past season), I do wonder what affect this will have on the locker room. He was the longest tenured Hab, a leader and veteran. It's not farfetched to believe losing someone like him will affect the room and thus, on-ice results. It wouldn't be the first time it happened.

Of course, we'd be better from an on-ice perspective obviously with Markov rather than without, but this is another factor I'm starting to think about.

Jul 6, 2016
-Less taxation in Russia
-Kids from previous relationship came from Russia to live with him last season. We don't know how they adapted.
-Marriage with a Russian lady.

I can see Markov priorities changing.

She is part Russian and was working in Montreal.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I don't know if Bergevin has something against Russians or not. Frankly, I don't care. I do know that he totally mangled the negotiations with the Markov contract and even worse, has had an absolutely disastrous off season that saw him downgrade the team up front, on the blueline, and still failed to address our center situation.

Alex514

May 10, 2015
Im sad to see Marky go like this..... I feel like MB really screwed him over

Feb 20, 2012
Calgary
Im sad to see Marky go like this..... I feel like MB really screwed him over

Yes, $65 million in earnings from the Habs is screwing him over. You would be the same guy screaming that they have no cap space to add a center after giving Marky another $6 million. Move on.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Feels really great to see my 3 favorite Habs all leave in a matter of a year...

Sthabs

Apr 7, 2006
The only positive of loosing Markov is f we end up drafting in the top 7-8 next year

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
What a disaster of a summer.

Goodbye Markov. I loved you from the very start.

At least you were a Habs until the end.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Yes, $65 million in earnings from the Habs is screwing him over. You would be the same guy screaming that they have no cap space to add a center after giving Marky another $6 million. Move on.

Exactly. Loved Markov. $6 million and no room for improvements at forward is a recipe for repeating last season.

Markov was a warrior. Unfortunately, time and age caught up to him and he was spent in the playoffs. Good luck in the KHL and Olympics.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Exactly. Loved Markov. $6 million and no room for improvements at forward is a recipe for repeating last season.

Markov was a warrior. Unfortunately, time and age caught up to him and he was spent in the playoffs. Good luck in the KHL and Olympics.

Not offering 4.6M to a strictly inferior player would've meant more room to improve at forward...

Jul 6, 2016
Instead of repeating last season we now get to be worse.

Alzner and Schlemko are better d-men than Emelin and Beaulieu

Benn is better than Patteryn

Galchy and Gally + Drouin will have way better offensive seasons.

Lehkonen, too.

void

Jan 5, 2006

Lehkonen, too.

Who's going to play with Weber?

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I feel for the apologists that we've now come to a point where they have no other choice but to point at bottom pairing D improvements for a reason to keep faith. Tough times.

I'll take Markov and Beaulieu over any combination of LD we currently have, any day of the week.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008

Lehkonen, too.

What you don't understand is that we lost Radu, so Drouin's offensive output is a wash (although I don't mind the trade). The only good thing I can take from this is that we are younger. The issue that I have is that we could have had more depth at forward(Radulov) and we now have a hole at D that we are praying is filled by an NHL rookie.

The team will be decent and may make the playoffs. I can assure you we don't have a team that can make a splash come playoff time. It's unfortunate since Price isn't getting any younger and we need to take advantage of his prime years. We are perpetually stuck in limbo between playoff team and contender with no signs of change.

Bergevin is obviously lost and his "vision" clearly demonstrates that he has no plan. Habs don't make the playoffs, we need more leadership! Proceeds to acquire Weber. Habs have an identity crisis mid season we need to acquire tall players with little skill so we can be intimidating! Habs get bounced in the first round we need umm get rid of all the Russians, we don't want to end up like Washington!

We currently have nothing of interest in the farm and some are expecting him to acquire top end players with all this cap space, why would any team give us something good for b prospects and mid range picks...

I am counting the days to the end of his tenure, he has wasted enough offseasons that no logical person could ever give him the benefit of the doubt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad