Markov signs with AK Bars (KHL) [MOD WARNING POST 60]

Markov could help Montreal if he stay in Canadiens?

• Yes. This boy elite defenser

Votes: 82 89.1%
  • No. He s too old and too slow

Votes: 10 10.9%

• Total voters

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I don't know if Bergevin has something against Russians or not. Frankly, I don't care. I do know that he totally mangled the negotiations with the Markov contract and even worse, has had an absolutely disastrous off season that saw him downgrade the team up front, on the blueline, and still failed to address our center situation.

Disasterous? Everyone knew raadulov was going to testfree agency and he offered him fair market value but radulov passed. If markov held true at 12 million for 2 years, I am glad he aid no. Moving our best D prospect for droiun was the problem. Becuase we no longer had the assets to go out and get a 1c.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Disasterous? Everyone knew raadulov was going to testfree agency and he offered him fair market value but radulov passed. If markov held true at 12 million for 2 years, I am glad he aid no. Moving our best D prospect for droiun was the problem. Becuase we no longer had the assets to go out and get a 1c.

Well, that'S the thing...
We know Markov didn't.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
What have the Russians won in the NHL and internationally over the last few years other than individual stats? Not saying I don't like Russians because I wanted Markov and Radulov back but hey, we might be a tougher team to play against? Who knows... I guess that's what I mean.

But but but there aren't people that hate russians. :help:
Look in a mirror with this post. Trash from the usual suspects.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Well, that'S the thing...
We know Markov didn't.

Even 6 for one year would have been better but still a problem.

At some point in a negotiation when the other side asks for the moon you have to moveon, not hope they cave aand come baack begging for scraps.

Becuase if you do they won't let you forget it.

I liked markov, not at 6 and not by lowballing him either.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
What you don't understand is that we lost Radu, so Drouin's offensive output is a wash (although I don't mind the trade). The only good thing I can take from this is that we are younger. The issue that I have is that we could have had more depth at forward(Radulov) and we now have a hole at D that we are praying is filled by an NHL rookie.

The team will be decent and may make the playoffs. I can assure you we don't have a team that can make a splash come playoff time. It's unfortunate since Price isn't getting any younger and we need to take advantage of his prime years. We are perpetually stuck in limbo between playoff team and contender with no signs of change.

Bergevin is obviously lost and his "vision" clearly demonstrates that he has no plan. Habs don't make the playoffs, we need more leadership! Proceeds to acquire Weber. Habs have an identity crisis mid season we need to acquire tall players with little skill so we can be intimidating! Habs get bounced in the first round we need umm get rid of all the Russians, we don't want to end up like Washington!

We currently have nothing of interest in the farm and some are expecting him to acquire top end players with all this cap space, why would any team give us something good for b prospects and mid range picks...

I am counting the days to the end of his tenure, he has wasted enough offseasons that no logical person could ever give him the benefit of the doubt.

Nice way of saying anyone is an 'Effing' idiot if they disagree with you! With Bergevin gone, what would you do with all the time on your hands? More precisely, who would be your next target to spew at? Julien? The next GM? Who?

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

I'm always especially impressed by posters who rant and rave and actually believe that their word, alone, is reason to believe utterly unfounded posits.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that posters who blasted Bergevin for offering Radulov a contract last offseason were the same ones who shot him down for being unable to offer him the moon just to keep him.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
How come Markov prefers to play in the KHL than playing with some NHL strong teams that might win the next Stanley Cup ? The guy is a UFA. You know what it means ?

He wanted more to play in the next Olympics than playing in the NHL this coming season.

He can say whatever he wants now like "I would had been ready to sign a one-year contract". Too late.

So this is it. Bargainbinsters have now turned on Markov. The kool aid is empty just like their heads. Seriously there is NO justification to defend this ****stick GM at this point. Move over Houle, you have been replaced. Not just a Bad GM, but a bad human being. If anyone should have been diagnosed its Marc Bergevin.

LOL from wiki
"Marc Bergevin (born August 11, 1965) is not a very smart man, Canadian professional ice hockey executive and former player. He is currently the general manager of the Montreal Canadiens of the National Hockey League (NHL). Bergevin played as a defenceman in the NHL"

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Thank You Andrei for the beautiful game you played here.
You were very often one of the only bright spots in what most agree has been a very disappointing couple of decades of Hockey. You merited much better results and would be up there with the greats if you played in a different era.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
What you don't understand is that we lost Radu, so Drouin's offensive output is a wash (although I don't mind the trade). The only good thing I can take from this is that we are younger. The issue that I have is that we could have had more depth at forward(Radulov) and we now have a hole at D that we are praying is filled by an NHL rookie.

The team will be decent and may make the playoffs. I can assure you we don't have a team that can make a splash come playoff time. It's unfortunate since Price isn't getting any younger and we need to take advantage of his prime years. We are perpetually stuck in limbo between playoff team and contender with no signs of change.

Bergevin is obviously lost and his "vision" clearly demonstrates that he has no plan. Habs don't make the playoffs, we need more leadership! Proceeds to acquire Weber. Habs have an identity crisis mid season we need to acquire tall players with little skill so we can be intimidating! Habs get bounced in the first round we need umm get rid of all the Russians, we don't want to end up like Washington!

We currently have nothing of interest in the farm and some are expecting him to acquire top end players with all this cap space, why would any team give us something good for b prospects and mid range picks...

I am counting the days to the end of his tenure, he has wasted enough offseasons that no logical person could ever give him the benefit of the doubt.

Nice way of saying anyone is an offing idiot if they disagree with you! With Bergevin gone, what would you do with all the time on your hands? More precisely, who would be your next target to spew at? Julien? The next GM? Who?

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
[/B]

Nice way of saying anyone is an offing idiot if they disagree with you! With Bergevin gone, what would you do with all the time on your hands? More precisely, who would be your next target to spew at? Julien? The next GM? Who?

We heard the same thing with DD and MT.. People like you defended them and try to pretend they were "good" for this team.

Anyone misses them? Anyone think it was a mistake to part ways with them? **** no.

Same thing will happen with MB.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Don't count petry out of it :laugh: I have a feeling it will be tried.

I think they actually tried it this year and it was not really sexy, Petry looked kinda lost on the left side.

But hey, he might still play with Weber on the PP. :naughty:

So the answer to the question who will play with Weber is all of them! :laugh:

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
How can you arrive to this conclusion ? The fact is that BOTH Radulov and Markov became UFA the same year, and as such, both were free to offer their service to who they want and for the $ they are seeking. Sis already pretty6 much in tune with North American hockey game and lifestyle. he speaks English fluently after having spent two full seasons in the OHL. No need to have a fellow countryman to understand what's going on.

I am sorry they are gone. But's that's business as usual.

Emelin, Serge, Nesterov, Radulov, Markov in 1 MONTH..nothign to see here move along people. And if he trades chucky and scherbak for duchene? Nope just business as usual right. Why are you going Full Cherry, Never go full Cherry.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
Not to mention Radulov was the feather in BargainBin's cap this time last year and we lost him in a fiasco. And he was our best playoff performer to boot.

But yeah, let's blame Russians.

Bergevin was also seen as not improving the team last summer when we signed radulov. High risk etc doom
And gloom

Let's see what the team looks like come October and take it from there

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Bergevin was also seen as not improving the team last summer when we signed radulov. High risk etc doom
And gloom

Or we can wait till trade deadline, nope 2018 draft, I mean 2019 UFAs to decide if he isn't a good GM :shakehead

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
And gloom

I would suggest you to copy this right now so you can paste it next year at the same time.

Unless you already copied that from last summer and pasted it here?

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
I know you're late to the thread but nobody called MB a racist. In fact there was racists posts made by people against Russians.

As much as I agree there are twisted minds here and that racism is just shocking at this point in time, I think some of the comments made may have been misunderstood. There is a difference between hate towards others and wanting your team to represent your demographics. people want to identify themselves with the team, and i personally don't consider that xenophobia. This phenomenon can be seen all over the world in sports teams , and although the political climate sometimes helps to polarize marginal people, I respect people's desire for more identity.

I though, will cruelly miss Markov, Emelin and Radu-love. 3 of my favorite habs. A really dramatic loss of talent, leadership AND enthusiasm. I might be wrong, but Emelin and Radulov always looked like they gave energy to the team... time for everyone to let your advanced stats rest on the side and realize what we lost on the ice. Unless galchenyuk breaks out, I don't see us being October champs this year.

that being said... markov ''earned'' to leave on his terms. sad day.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
And gloom

This is an utter lie, many were happy with Radulov coming in. We got an NHL level talent with a highly desirable skillset without giving up an asset. He would still be in Nashville if he was more mature, which he was when Bergevin signed him.

We have a decent team but there is no denying that the current team + Markov/Radulov is significantly better.

It's hard to have faith in the current management when they inherited a great core 6 offseasons ago and have yet to produce meaningful results. Bergevin inherited a team in an enviable position with young stars at G/D/LW and drafted a C 3rd overall. He kept Therrien 1.5 years past his expiration date and consistently sends mixed messages. There is a reason he isn't respected by his peers as seen by the GM of the year award.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
KHL regular season ends beginning of March. I wouldn't be surprised if Marky is back for the last 15-20 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->