Markov signs with AK Bars (KHL) [MOD WARNING POST 60]

Markov could help Montreal if he stay in Canadiens?

• Yes. This boy elite defenser

Votes: 82 89.1%
  • No. He s too old and too slow

Votes: 10 10.9%

• Total voters

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
I respect his decision, probably play at the olympics before he retire, happy for him, will probably win a gold

Still not ready to comment on MB, not sure I can put in words what I think about this offseason...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'll say this: it's comforting knowing Markov left to play in another league rather than in another team. This is really the end of an era. But I'm not shedding any tears over this loss. But no matter how crap the Habs were doing for so many years, Markov was always a treat to watch.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
It is an embarrassment to have one of our best defence men leave in such a manner, he was so close to a milestone in any NHL players career, to play 1000 games in the same uniform is a honourable accomplishment but I guess if you want loyalty you buy a dog. Shameful, Houle V2 happening under Bargainbin.

Anger

KHL regular season ends beginning of March. I wouldn't be surprised if Marky is back for the last 15-20 games.

Denial

The only positive of loosing Markov is if we end up drafting in the top 7-8 next year

Bargaining

Feels really great to see my 3 favorite Habs all leave in a matter of a year...

Depression

Peace out General. I enjoyed watching you play.

Acceptance

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Emelin, Serge, Nesterov, Radulov, Markov in 1 MONTH..nothign to see here move along people. And if he trades chucky and scherbak for duchene? Nope just business as usual right. Why are you going Full Cherry, Never go full Cherry.

Emelin.......picked in the expansion draft, was reported he inquired about getting him back
Sergachev......traded for a top 6 forward
Nesterov......lets not even go there
Radulov........declined the exact contract he signed with Dallas
Markov........ridiculous high demands where not one team caved in, off to the KHL
Galchenyuk.....signed to a 3yr extension

You're right, nothing to see here.....

Flynn....not resigned
Beaulieu....traded
King......not resigned
Hanley....not resigned
Matteau.....not resigned
Johnston....not resigned

Maybe he hates Canadians too :dunno:

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Emelin.......picked in the expansion draft, was reported he inquired about getting him back
Markov........ridiculous high demands where not one team caved in, off to the KHL

Flynn....not resigned
Beaulieu....traded
King......not resigned
Hanley....not resigned
Matteau.....not resigned
Johnston....not resigned

The bottom list barely contains NHL quality players.
Most of your arguments are based on speculation.
One could argue playing hardball with Radu/Markov cost the team two free assets.

It's easy to believe stories that support your narrative but the truth is all signs point to Bergevin being incompetent. Since it's been 6 offseasons and we have yet to make progress and our future looks mediocre at best.

Last edited:

NoComments

Feb 27, 2015
Gaston Therrien (of all people) had an interesting theory. While he does not like the fact that Markov left and that he believes that it will create a huge hole for the habs, he guesses that maybe Bergevin was still burnt by the Plekanec contract.

Really wrong by MB, but I could see where that's his thinking. Unfortunately, those are apple to oranges.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
Best of luck, Andrei.

Can't believe we couldn't give him a 1-year contract with all the cap space we have. Our blueline is looking real bad right now, it's scary.

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica
Finally we got rid of a player who plays a lot better in the season than he does in the playoffs.

Plekanec is now so bad in the season that he actually plays better in the playoffs.

MB just needs to trade Pacioretty and there will be hope for this team

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

Flynn....not resigned
Beaulieu....traded
King......not resigned
Hanley....not resigned
Matteau.....not resigned
Johnston....not resigned

markov only negotiated with us. he didnt even field offers from other teams. this team is a joke to loyal players. you are either quebecois or trash in their eyes. only because fans might get angry if you treat a local bad

Jul 6, 2016
markov only negotiated with us. he didnt even field offers from other teams. this team is a joke to loyal players. you are either quebecois or trash in their eyes. only because fans might get angry if you treat a local bad

That is why Habs had ONLY ONE French Quebecer for years... Now they have TWO. WOW. Big deal. Habs traded Patrick Roy, let Serge Savard and Lafleur walked away... <mod>

:shakehead

As for Markov, it's sad that he is gone.

Last edited by a moderator:

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
That is why Habs had ONLY ONE French Quebecer for years... Now they have TWO. WOW. Big deal. Habs traded Patrick Roy, let Serge Savard and Lafleur walked away...

The reality is there aren't many NHL players from Quebec having two is a decent amount. That's not the point though, we clearly have a GM that has no plan and we have no chance to compete with the current management.

Also bringing up Roy/Lafleur/Savard in 2017 won't convince anyone of anything. We must live in the now and right now things aren't looking great.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Loves the Habs so much that he said he doesn't see himself in another NHL jersey.

Wow.

Legend.

Good luck Andrei, come back soon <3

He would make a great assistant coach. However, I think it's likely that sooner or later he'll become the head coach of a KHL team.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
That is why Habs had ONLY ONE French Quebecer for years... Now they have TWO. WOW. Big deal. Habs traded Patrick Roy, let Serge Savard and Lafleur walked away...

roy demanded a trade because he didn't want to play for a bottom feeder. he used the being left in net thing to avoid backlash from the fans. even now he's not been good to the team or it's fans for a long time but he's still remembered as a hero. if any other player quit on the team as he did they would not be remembered so fondly.

also there's maybe 6 good french quebecers in the league and we have one of them. This isn't the 70's where you could build an all Quebecois team and potentially win the cup

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
His communications skills are "limited"

His partners always magically get better so I would guess it's not an issue. I'd take him in the same role Niedermayer has in Anaheim. It's pretty clear the impact he has on their youth. I doubt they're magically scouting one surefire NHL caliber dman a year, development plays a huge role.

BadHabit

Mar 29, 2006
Canada
roy demanded a trade because he didn't want to play for a bottom feeder. he used the being left in net thing to avoid backlash from the fans. even now he's not been good to the team or it's fans for a long time but he's still remembered as a hero. if any other player quit on the team as he did they would not be remembered so fondly.

also there's maybe 6 good french quebecers in the league and we have one of them. This isn't the 70's where you could build an all Quebecois team and potentially win the cup

Yet Price seems fine with it. He's like McBain - how do you sleep at night? On a pile of money...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad