Markov signs with AK Bars (KHL) [MOD WARNING POST 60]

Markov could help Montreal if he stay in Canadiens?

• Yes. This boy elite defenser

Votes: 82 89.1%
  • No. He s too old and too slow

Votes: 10 10.9%

• Total voters

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Loll...Markov from all the Russian players in the NHL goes to the KHL.

Unbelievable! :shakehead

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Well he has a good chance to win gold at the Olympics if he goes to play. I'll be cheering for him.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Loll...Markov from all the Russian players in the NHL goes to the KHL.

Unbelievable! :shakehead

He's not the only Canadian citizen playing in Russia next year. Sounds like Dwight King is also joining a growing number of players looking for a chance at more ice time or a contract, or fame/fortune, etc.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
He's not the only Canadian citizen playing in Russia next year. Sounds like Dwight King is also joining a growing number of players looking for a chance at more ice time or a contract, or fame/fortune, etc.

It's their chance for a golden goal.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Loves the Habs so much that he said he doesn't see himself in another NHL jersey.

Wow.

Legend.

Good luck Andrei, come back soon <3

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'm guessing the Olympics played a huge factor in that decision. Good for him if that's what he wants, he's deserved the right to call his own shots.

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Anyone noticed how quickly we went from having a large number of Russian players on this team (Markov, Radulov, Emelin, Sergachev, Nesterov, Scherbak)...

...to only 1 remaining?

I wonder if this is pure fortuity...

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
Anyone noticed how quickly we went from having a large number of Russian players on this team (Markov, Radulov, Emelin, Sergachev, Nesterov, Scherbak)...

...to only 1 remaining?

I said the same about the black players they got rid of really fast and I got trashed for it.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

...to only 1 remaining?

It's down to 0.5 Russians (Galchenyuk). Scherbak hasn't made the team yet. Might be a good thing that we moved on from the Russian experiment. We shall see I guess

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

...to only 1 remaining?

I said the same about the black players they got rid of really fast and I got trashed for it.
There are posters here who are openly saying "NO MORE RUSSIANS!" are they're apparently allowed to run around. The organisation didn't sign (or approach?) the two KHL forwards either - Dadonov and Shipachev.

Clearly, like Subban and DSP, they all had "off-ice issues" or were "selfish" or "something"...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
There are posters here who are openly saying "NO MORE RUSSIANS!" are they're apparently allowed to run around. The organisation didn't sign (or approach?) the two KHL forwards either - Dadonov and Shipachev.

Clearly, like Subban and DSP, they all had "off-ice issues" or were "selfish" or "something"...

Its all a conspiracy by Bergevin. Has to be right?

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Its all a conspiracy by Bergevin. Has to be right?
When you say things like

Might be a good thing that we moved on from the Russian experiment. We shall see I guess
What do you mean exactly?

Radulov and Markov and Emelin could not be more unalike. What's the experiment? Having serviceable players from one of the most diverse countries on earth?

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Markov said he was willing to take a 1 year deal and Habs refused. What did he sign for in Russia? I have an extremely hard time believing we couldn't have matched.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Markov said he was willing to take a 1 year deal and Habs refused. What did he sign for in Russia? I have an extremely hard time believing we couldn't have matched.

Ak Bars isn't very rich team nowadays. It was once, but not now. But the team is supported by oil money, so they could find some 2-3M euro to sign Markov.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Ak Bars isn't very rich team nowadays. It was once, but not now. But the team is supported by oil money, so they could find some 2-3M euro to sign Markov.

Tax-free 3M Euro is probably more than whatever he'd have gotten in Montreal, all things considered.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What do you mean exactly?

Radulov and Markov and Emelin could not be more unalike. What's the experiment? Having serviceable players from one of the most diverse countries on earth?

What have the Russians won in the NHL and internationally over the last few years other than individual stats? Not saying I don't like Russians because I wanted Markov and Radulov back but hey, we might be a tougher team to play against? Who knows... I guess that's what I mean.

E82

Feb 3, 2015
Low key racists/xenophobe posts floating around here. What did the Russians do wrong?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
What have the Russians won in the NHL and internationally over the last few years other than individual stats? Not saying I don't like Russians because I wanted Markov and Radulov back but hey, we might be a tougher team to play against? Who knows... I guess that's what I mean.

*****?

Oh, the scoring leader of the Stanley Cup Finals that ended 6 weeks ago wasn't from Moose Jaw or Iberville, you know...

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
9983f33fae2c1f452de5ef5ac5215e8f.jpg

Meanwhile, Shea Weber
1318055_1280x720.jpg

In video form

Keep up the xenophobia, it's a really good look for our fanbase.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
Low key racists/xenophobe posts floating around here. What did the Russians do wrong?

Anything to try and concoct some obviously ******** defense for le Roi du Bargain.

Surprised such Xenophobic comments are allowed on here. No other nationality gets bashed like the Russians. Its sad.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
9983f33fae2c1f452de5ef5ac5215e8f.jpg

Meanwhile, Shea Weber
1318055_1280x720.jpg

In video form

Keep up the xenophobia, it's a really good look for our fanbase.

It's like some people are ignoring that overall there are a lot less Russians in the NHL than previously. However the ones that are here are all valuable contributors to their teams.

Malkin is one of the best playoff performers in the last decade.
Kucherov is a season and playoff monster.
Ovechkin gets a lot of hate but his playoff numbers are very good. (it's unfortunate his legacy will be tainted by his teams lack of real playoff success)
Tarasenko has been very good in the playoffs as well (the team overall had holes which caused STL downfall).
Panarin has also been very good in the playoffs.
Radulov is a playoff horse as we just saw.

Sad the clear hatred by some on these boards.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Anything to try and concoct some obviously ******** defense for le Roi du Bargain.

Surprised such Xenophobic comments are allowed on here. No other nationality gets bashed like the Russians. Its sad.
Not to mention Radulov was the feather in BargainBin's cap this time last year and we lost him in a fiasco. And he was our best playoff performer to boot.

But yeah, let's blame Russians.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad