Player Discussion: Mark Scheifele Discussion Part III

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Barkov may not ever be much better offensively thanbhe is but I doubt McDavid and Matthews are going to just hit a wall at 19.

Oh, I agree. I wasn't claiming that Scheif was going to pull ahead of a McDavid. Only that I don't see him as the finished article yet. I think he gets better still, and plays a top level longer than many of his peers who lack his single-mindedness.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Oh, I agree. I wasn't claiming that Scheif was going to pull ahead of a McDavid. Only that I don't see him as the finished article yet. I think he gets better still, and plays a top level longer than many of his peers who lack his single-mindedness.

Yea I think looking back we will look at 2016-17 as the first season of Mark's prime but not his peak. I am thrilled Mark has hit this level which is top 10 in NHL scoring. My wish/hope is that he maintains this level until he is 30 and has a few peak seasons along the way. With his work ethic I don't lose sleep on Mark and I don't assume this is his peak but I don't think we are that far off it. Hopefully he rounds out his game a bit but honestly we don't need allot more from Scheif we just need allot more of the same.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yea that was a really good interview thanks for the link cbcwpg. :handclap:

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
It's amazing how little the PA is sharing with its players with regards to the Olympics.

Nah, it's a matter where it is best to claim ignorance in public to avoid getting into the awkward position of having to argue with or call out your representatives in public in the next question. Because that'd be the next question.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
His drive will get this team where it needs to go, and I won't be surprised if he gets to another level next season.

Perfect 1st draft pick for this organization and this city.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
His drive will get this team where it needs to go, and I won't be surprised if he gets to another level next season.

Perfect 1st draft pick for this organization and this city.

Agreed. And I can't picture him never hoisting the cup. At some point in his career he will be front and centre of a cup drive.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
Funny how far we are from even 2 years ago.

I remember arguing with people on this board who maintained that 55 was at best the Jets second line centre.

My response was that TNSE had drafted Mark to be a top line C and Captain. Iwas told i was being overly optomistic.....:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
cpl years ago I said to some friends that I thought he was going be like a bergeron and usually got laughed and jeered at! 2 years later and I feel he is better then patrice. I agree as well I think he is going to be taking another major step forward next year... as well a lot of our players. Ehlers, laine I think will also take another major step forward.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Why do you wear 55?
I wore it in minor hockey for seven years. My brother also wore 55 — that’s why I started. When I joined the Jets I wanted 19 for Steve Yzerman, but that was taken by Jim Slater. Fifty-five was unique, and me and my brother wore it before.

Wait what? He's not wearing #55 because of Jochen Hecht? The greatest player of all time and the entire NHL hockey pride of my hometown Mannheim? :cry: That just broke my heart man.

But seriously: Lowry is our PA representative? Huh. Not bad for a young guy.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
I must admit that Scheifele has exceeded my expectations so far, especially in the last 1.5 years.

Our organization really could not have had a better 1st ever selection. Opitimizes everything a Jet should be.

No way he is not the captain after Wheeler, and he better be a lifer with this team.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I must admit that Scheifele has exceeded my expectations so far, especially in the last 1.5 years.

Our organization really could not have had a better 1st ever selection. Opitimizes everything a Jet should be.

No way he is not the captain after Wheeler, and he better be a lifer with this team.

Signing a 6 mill to 8 year contract is pretty close lifer
Teams full of young talent
Can see this tram having longevity for a while as long as they don't make irrational plays(like giving up young talent for an expensive goalie)

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
That interview speaks a lot to both Scheifele, and the overall Jets culture. I love the win as a team, lose as a team, never give up mentality. And the talk of winning games for pride at the end of the season. Great stuff.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Wait what? He's not wearing #55 because of Jochen Hecht? The greatest player of all time and the entire NHL hockey pride of my hometown Mannheim? :cry: That just broke my heart man.

But seriously: Lowry is our PA representative? Huh. Not bad for a young guy.

Adam is really bright and very mature. He was the WHL scholastic player of the year and along with Scheif is the Other stats nerd on the team.

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
I thought I'd bump the Scheifele thread to link this article on him. He really is the straw that stirs the drink.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/article/schei...eferrer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=quiboat

Can't wait to see how he does next season. League is finally starting to recognize him, would be great if he could stay above or near PPG, and if he's with Ehlers and Laine most of next season, with the improvements expected from Laine and Ehlers I don't see how Scheifs isn't at PPG.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
This guy is every team's dream. PPG, excellent contact, and has chemistry with everyone.

Hoping he tears up the NHL in 17/18.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3