Player Discussion: Mark Scheifele Discussion Part III

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
What a stud this guy has grown into. Potentially the best player of his draft, at the very least he's in the top four. And to think the 'experts' were shocked when we reached for him with our pick. It's crazy to see him come up as a young wiry kid, and how much he has matured and developed. With him locked up long term I almost wish they made him captain, though Wheeler is also a great choice. Insane to think we have him locked up for $6.1M per year for seven more years.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
What a stud this guy has grown into. Potentially the best player of his draft, at the very least he's in the top four. And to think the 'experts' were shocked when we reached for him with our pick. It's crazy to see him come up as a young wiry kid, and how much he has matured and developed. With him locked up long term I almost wish they made him captain, though Wheeler is also a great choice. Insane to think we have him locked up for $6.1M per year for seven more years.

And to think I wanted the Jets to draft Couturier... To say the least, Scheifele was a huge steal. Hopefully they keep playing him with Laine and Ehlers because that line is going to dominate until they get old and slowly fall apart into frosty dust.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
And to think I wanted the Jets to draft Couturier... To say the least, Scheifele was a huge steal. Hopefully they keep playing him with Laine and Ehlers because that line is going to dominate until they get old and slowly fall apart into frosty dust.

Scheifele and Laine will soon be mentioned in the same breath as Toews/Kane, Crosby/Malkin, Ovechkin/Backstrom, and peanut butter/bananas. :nod:

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Scheifele and Laine will soon be mentioned in the same breath as Toews/Kane, Crosby/Malkin, Ovechkin/Backstrom, and peanut butter/bananas. :nod:

I consider Ehlers to be the Kane of that line (playmaking abilities, fast and shifty skating, etc.).

Laine is more like the big elite sniper Toews and Kane never got to play with.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Scheifele/Ehlers/Laine (SeLaine): Hot Line 2.0? :nod:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
In one of my first posts on here back in 2011, I said Scheifele could be a point-per-game guy if he was given the right linemates. That post is lost to the mists of time now. To be fair, I was saying that he could've been a ppg player in 2011-12 which might have been a bit optimistic...but that's me: always looking on the bright side! :sarcasm:

Dhors

Oct 23, 2015
Halifax
Schiefele is just the perfect Jet in my eyes. He is good because he is smart and willing to learn, and then he puts the work in to make it happen. Some of that came naturally and that's what the Jets drafted him for, but another part was great development with some great leaders to show him the way. Couldn't be happier with Schief on or off the ice, hell of a player and hell of a guy. :nod:

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Won't be long until Gretzky calls him the greatest centre to ever play the game.

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
At this point of the season, which is admittedly early, not only are Scheifele-Ehlers-Laine the best line in the NHL, but there's not even another line that's a close second.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Anyone notice Schiefele on the bench in the last period last night? He was pissed. Sipping water, smashing it down... Seeming gaining his composure for half a second then drinking more water and smashing it back down ever harder.

I'm not sure if that's a good thing. The way I see it is he doesn't accept losing like some of his teammates.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Anyone notice Schiefele on the bench in the last period last night? He was pissed. Sipping water, smashing it down... Seeming gaining his composure for half a second then drinking more water and smashing it back down ever harder.

I'm not sure if that's a good thing. The way I see it is he doesn't accept losing like some of his teammates.

Or he doesn't like being benched. Either way, Maurice has a major hand in it. Wouldn't surprise me if Scheifele is big-time pissed off at Maurice, at least temporarily.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Yeah, Scheifele is such a leader he's going to get all pissy pants with the coach, what a great example to set. He's way better than that.

My bet is he's super frustrated at losing and wasn't too happy with himself for that brutal penalty he took in the 3rd.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
He's been frustrated for a couple games. He obviously hates losing and I think being the scoring leader, he might of put more pressure on himself.

Toews has been known to get very frustrated when things aren't going his way to.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
We don't know what goes on inside the dressing room. If he's mad because we're on a losing skid, great. He can be pissed at himself for bad play. If he's mad at the coach, then he needs to learn his place but I'm not convinced that's the way it is. From everything we've seen, Mark seems like a respect-filled guy. But like I said, we don't know what happens behind the scenes so all we can do is speculate.

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
Likely still ticked at Forsberg! He came very close to catching Scheif's noggin when he came across the middle of the ice. I think Scheif may have been gonzo for a bit had he caught him and I'm guessing that was why he swung his stick at Forsberg like he did.

Don't blame Scheif for being angry, was just a real bad time to put your team down a man again.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Yeah, Scheifele is such a leader he's going to get all pissy pants with the coach, what a great example to set. He's way better than that.

My bet is he's super frustrated at losing and wasn't too happy with himself for that brutal penalty he took in the 3rd.

I think he was upset because someone forgot to put San Pellegrino in his water bottle. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->