Player Discussion: Mark Scheifele Discussion Part III

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
http://www.tsn.ca/scheifele-we-need-to-make-the-playoffs-1.854306

He needs to find a new planemate

Q: How do you pass time on the plane?
Scheifele: “I watch shows and movies. I either sit with [Julian] Melchiori or [Michael] Hutchinson, which is tough because I don’t know if either of them will be there this year. I might need to find new buddies. We’ll rent a movie or buy a movie or show. I have a splitter so we can both put our headphones in. I watched The OC last year with Hutch. Great show.
With Melchiori, we’d talk the night before and figure out what movie we should watch. We usually pick stupid comedies, but I never saw Inception before this year. I was like, ‘This is awesome.’ Mind blown.
It’s a good way to decompress. I don’t like to think a lot. On the plane, it’s like the one time you’re not on your phone. You can watch a mindless show or good move and relax.â€

Royale With Cheese

Fuelled by Whiskey
Nov 24, 2006
I hope he goes out guns blazing again like last year, was leading the league in points at one point.

Hope little will be healthy to anchor the 2nd line and
Trouba will give buff some help

There is a possibility that he can be as good or better than both until mid year this time :)

Before the 2 run away with it again.

Seriously I want Scheifele to achieve what he wants, even for just few years stretch. If he does it. Jets will go far. And if the goalies hold up. A Stanley

A Logan Stanley?

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
http://www.tsn.ca/scheifele-we-need-to-make-the-playoffs-1.854306

He needs to find a new planemate

Q: How do you pass time on the plane?
Scheifele: “I watch shows and movies. I either sit with [Julian] Melchiori or [Michael] Hutchinson, which is tough because I don’t know if either of them will be there this year. I might need to find new buddies. We’ll rent a movie or buy a movie or show. I have a splitter so we can both put our headphones in. I watched The OC last year with Hutch. Great show.
With Melchiori, we’d talk the night before and figure out what movie we should watch. We usually pick stupid comedies, but I never saw Inception before this year. I was like, ‘This is awesome.’ Mind blown.
ItÂ’s a good way to decompress. I donÂ’t like to think a lot. On the plane, itÂ’s like the one time youÂ’re not on your phone. You can watch a mindless show or good movie and relax.Ââ€

This might sound weird but I sometimes worry a tiny little bit about Scheifele not being best buddy like friends with other core parts of this franchise. I mean... don't get me wrong :D It's probably nothing. But he used to be close with Trouba during their first year but somehow you never saw them together anymore. Why? You never see any players looking like goofy best friends with Scheifele. But you'd think he'd be just around everyone all the time. He's the face of this team and far away from being an introverted kind of person. Hearing now that he used to be plane buddies with Hutchinson and Melchiori (kind of the worst people to be friends with on the team regarding the future) before are triggering my worries even a bit more.

I don't know what do you people think?

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
This might sound weird but I sometimes worry a tiny little bit about Scheifele not being best buddy like friends with other core parts of this franchise. I mean... don't get me wrong :D It's probably nothing. But he used to be close with Trouba during their first year but somehow you never saw them together anymore. Why? You never see any players looking like goofy best friends with Scheifele. But you'd think he'd be just around everyone all the time. He's the face of this team and far away from being an introverted kind of person. Hearing now that he used to be plane buddies with Hutchinson and Melchiori (kind of the worst people to be friends with on the team regarding the future) before are triggering my worries even a bit more.

In your 20's and early 30's there's a big difference between the married with children guys and the young single guys.

It doesn't have to be all noogies and zubits for the these guys to get along and move forward in the same direction. Why worry?

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...

I wouldn't put too much into that. Scheifs is a pretty personable person, so he'll not have any problems with the overall chemistry of the team. I can see where a player may prefer to sort of tune out on a plane and just watch some mindless program.
On the ice, he seems pretty chipper when he doesn't have his game face on. Not being goofy best friends (like Laine and Ehlers) probably just shows that he's maturing as a person.

Off ice, he's in a relationship, which can change what he does and who it's with. A lot of the core guys are family men, so that's most likely the reason you don't see a buddy type thing going on there.

Honestly, I believe that the overall chemistry on the team is excellent. One can never be sure of course, as they leave most of that in the locker room. But ever since the Kane incident, I feel like they are a pretty tight knit group.

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

Some players probably just prefer to sleep on the plane. Others will listen to music, play cards etc. Nothing to see here IMO

Seems like #55 likes movies but prefers not to see them alone.

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
Took him a few seasons to charge up that spirit ball, but now... Watch out !

Laine-ha-me-ha?

Only question is, what level of super saiyan is he?

He hasn't gone super saiyan yet. He's not blond.

Heard he spends his summers in the hyperbolic time chamber.

I hadn't heard that, but there are rumours that Gary Roberts employs the use of increased gravity in his gym.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb

You Euros tend to be a lot more open about your bromances. I can see Scheif and Morrissey being bromantically compatible, they both seem like very cerebral people. But they just might want to keep it private. So, Scheif might be sitting with Hutch on the plane, but in his mind he's thinking about his and Josh's next outing to peruse the stacks at the Centennial Public Library, for example. I mean, what happens in Library, stays in Library. ;)

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
I consider him to be like the hawerchuk of my childhood. My ears perk up whenever I hear his name float by. I will pretty much watch any and every highlight of him if I come across it regardless of how many times view before. I find myself watching him with this weird sense of awe, pride somehow... and like this "f*** ya! thats how hockey is meant to be played" type feeling. Guys is a Beauty!

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013

I think that someone who can bond with anyone... without wanting to filter out someone who may or may not bring them advantage in the future, is someone I admire. He may not win a season of "Survivor", but I don't think that makes you a better human being.

That's what I think.

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Don't look now but our boy Scheif leads the league in takeaways 5 on 5. He has 12 so far which is 3 ahead of the next closest player.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
He is in complete beast mode right now. He's like a man possessed on the ice. My fav player on the Jets AINEC.

He was never as naturally gifted as guys like Matthews, McKinnon, Laine, Ehlers were at 18 but has literally willed himself into being a dominant #1 C. He should be an inspiration to all the prospects in the Jets system

Reactions: larmex99

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Scheifele on HCAN

Copp is his roommate. They are both hockey nuts and watch a lot of hockey and game film at home. Copp is a college football fan.

He likes to watch Edmonton (McDavid) and Tampa (Kucherov and Stammer)

Wheeler is a special player and he really enjoys playing with him.

He watches Harry Potter movies with Morrissey on the plane. At home he's watching Friday Night Lights.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Scheifele on HCAN

Copp is his roommate. They are both hockey nuts and watch a lot of hockey and game film at home. Copp is a college football fan.

He likes to watch Edmonton (McDavid) and Tampa (Kucherov and Stammer)

Wheeler is a special player and he really enjoys playing with him.

He watches Harry Potter movies with Morrissey on the plane. At home he's watching Friday Night Lights.

Scheifele doesn' get his own room on the road yet lol. Or does he mean in the city.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Hope Future Captain is back soon, he is not as talked about as much in the league due to injuries. He still a point a game player.

I'm waiting for SUPER SAIYAN MARK SCHIEFELE comes playoff time.
Dominate #55 like his last playoff run in OHL, almost carried Barrie to Memorial Cup. He would have if he wasn't injured last game against the POWER London Knights.

GO SCHIEFELE!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->