Confirmed with Link: Mark Jankowski signs ELC

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Jankowski removed the Calgary Flames prospect part out of his twitter bio, let the conspiracy theories begin..
Might I suggest citing the source of your info?

This is the tweet that started this and even he isn't sure when it was removed.This is hardly news unless his bio says he is a UFA

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
If he's more valuable then the pick just sign him to a contract. Who cares about the extra year of ELC? If anything that would just give him more time to prove himself and get a bigger second contract. Playing hardball is stupid. Just get the guy in a red jersey.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Might I suggest citing the source of your info?

This is the tweet that started this and even he isn't sure when it was removed.This is hardly news unless his bio says he is a UFA

FWIW - Janks still follows the flames on Twitter. If he wasn't planning on signing and was removing flames from his bio, he likely would unfollow them as well. Not saying he will or won't sign, but just extra information for anyone reading.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Don't know why after nearly 4 years I've become suddenly incredibly impatient. Sign the damn contract and claim your rightful place as best player of the 2012 draft.

L13

Oct 1, 2015
As someone who's clearly Twitter-stalked Janko for longer than Pike, I can assure you the Flames missing from his bio is not a new development. His bio used to be a lot more informative, but it's only said "national champion" since he won the national championship.

In the meantime, the Calgary Sun just published an article featuring actual news in the form of quotes from his agent, who thinks he and the Flames made progress today. I'd be surprised if Janko wasn't signed by tomorrow or the day after.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
As someone who's clearly Twitter-stalked Janko for longer than Pike, I can assure you the Flames missing from his bio is not a new development. His bio used to be a lot more informative, but it's only said "national champion" since he won the national championship.

In the meantime, the Calgary Sun just published an article featuring actual news in the form of quotes from his agent, who thinks he and the Flames made progress today. I'd be surprised if Janko wasn't signed by tomorrow or the day after.
thanks L13, I appreciate this info.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
that might be one of the better Francis articles I've read. Love this quote from Janko's agent.

“Calgary hasn’t done anything to dissuade Mark from being a Calgary Flame,†said Arnott, reiterating how great the Flames have been with Jankowski all along.

“This new regime, which did not draft him, did a great job supporting and developing him. They haven’t given him any reason to not be a Flame.â€

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
If he's more valuable then the pick just sign him to a contract. Who cares about the extra year of ELC? If anything that would just give him more time to prove himself and get a bigger second contract. Playing hardball is stupid. Just get the guy in a red jersey.

Maybe they are not as convinced on him as many here?

Seriously he could be the guy that looks good but produces nothing like Ferland.

L13

Oct 1, 2015
If you were hoping for a compensatory pick, I've got bad news for you, son.

moon*

Dammit

I guess it was always the most likely outcome but still disappointing to hear.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane

Nice! I guess they decided on two years starting next year instead of three years starting this year with the expansion draft. I approve.

I wonder if he can still sign an ATO with the Heat?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

So I guess we will not be seeing him this season then, which is fine. Also protects the asset from the expansion.

I was actually happy to see this, this morning.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Janko seems like a really character guy. So does Johnny, but it was important to him to use the leverage he had in his situation and play that 1 game and really was his right and no one can blame him. Janko seems like he's a really loyal guy, he says and does all the right things, I'll be really happy once this is all made official.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad