Confirmed with Link: Mark Jankowski signs ELC

WeegarUnderwood

Fan of Intangibles
Jan 13, 2014
Vancouver, B.C
This is fantastic :D

Glad to wake up and see this. I know nothing is finalized yet, but I'm just going to go ahead and pretend he already signed

Welcome Janko!

Much better than a second round pick

Last edited:

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
So, will Janko get to play in the playoffs in the AHL?
I believe if he signs an ATO with the Heat, he will be eligible to play in the ahl playoffs, if he signs his ELC and plays an NHL game, he won't be eligible to play in the AHL at all this year.

Remember reading this on Darren Haynes twitter I believe, just thought I'd cite where I got my information from... :sarcasm:

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Don't be surprised if the Heat have a strong finish to the season with a player of Jankowski's level on their top line.

ANY talent/warm bodies probably would be appreciated after we raided their roster for emergency recalls. :laugh:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Very happy. This is a big relief after a few days of suspense. Seems like Treliving is a master arm-wrestler just like we expected.

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
I really hope this kid pans out, hes been slammed by most people outside Calgary since you guys drafted him, I'd love to see him have a decent enough career that some crow gets served up.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Excellent news! Really happy he's signed and we get to see what he has. Even if he becomes a solid 2C, I'll be happy.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I'm still tempering my expectations. But anytime you can add a guy that 6'4, can skate, defend, and is efficient with the puck, then that's obviously a positive.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Excellent news! Really happy he's signed and we get to see what he has. Even if he becomes a solid 2C, I'll be happy.

You may want to taper those expectations if 2C is a low end for you :laugh:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Don't be surprised if the Heat have a strong finish to the season with a player of Jankowski's level on their top line.

Quoted. For reference.

Also, they have 9 games to make up 12 points and jump 3 teams. They play the team they're chasing quite a few more times. But still.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yeah, I kinda just assumed it was difficult to miss the playoffs in the AHL. I was clearly thinking of the CHL. You can stick a fork in the Heat.

But 9 games is a decent chance for him to get his feet wet. I'm excited.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Tfw you're Feaster and your biggest criticism gets signed to an NHL contract

obama_kicks_door.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad