Marc Bergevin -'The answer is in that room'- Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs_Apostle

Feb 22, 2004
Not into the whole bashing thing at all, but I just couldn't resist this one.

I've found some Christmas reading for Bergevin...

Maybe he'll learn something?

Ha-ha... seriously, caught Karl's interview on the CBC today. He's a super positive guy. You can see where PK gets it from. That's actually pretty amazing having 3 kids make the NHL.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

Ha-ha... seriously, caught Karl's interview on the CBC today. He's a super positive guy. You can see where PK gets it from. That's actually pretty amazing having 3 kids make the NHL.

3 kids?

Jordan Subban might not make it.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Was looking at our defense on paper tonight and god it hurst.

Benn-Weber
Alzner-Petry
Jerabek-Schlemko

We legitimately have only two top 4 dmen.

GoHabsGo76

Fire Bergevin
Apr 16, 2009
Hawthorne, NJ
This organization has become a beast of burden. I'm unable to find any joy in watching it play, I find the players cold and the games meaningless and just can't get over how the media, with the help of management treated PK after he were dealt. Classless bigoted bums.

Hell, even my father who has been a die hard since the 70s has effectively stopped cheering/watching the team....

This is quite simply the most unforgivable thing about MB. I feel the same way. I still keep tabs on the Canadiens daily, but I cannot be bothered to spend the $150 for the Centre Ice package I used to order annually to watch every game. We are not on national TV much stateside and often, when we are, such as tonight, I have it on tv and barely pay attention.

I will be back when changes are made, but god is it hard to support this management.

Reactions: Puck Luck Run Amok

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Anything can happen, we are only 3 points out of 6th place. -Marc Bergevin probably...

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Was looking at our defense on paper tonight and god it hurst.

Benn-Weber
Alzner-Petry
Jerabek-Schlemko

We legitimately have only two top 4 dmen.

The way Petry has been playing so far, I'd say we only have 1.

3 kids?

Jordan Subban might not make it.

He was drafted high enough, at least. He was seen as the guy with less skills and small so making it to the NHL was going to be harder for him. I was trying to find some similar families whereas a NHL star would have brothers that didn't make it to the NHL but I only found a few. Jonathan Toews, Keith Seabrook and Wayne Gretzky had brother(s) that were also drafted but never made it. I will still believe that it's a big deal to be drafted in the NHL, few players have that chance.

Reactions: DAChampion

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Management never accused Subban of anything you mention. You've made that up, or you've confused your info. You've even exaggerated what the media reported, which they got from their own sources, none of which were Bergevin.

So then, the question: Did the media willfully lie, or did they just report? Did journalists fabricate stories, risking their careers to get back at a player? Why would they do this? What motive would they, or anyone, have? And it still doesn't address the nagging question: Why didn't the same rumours surface when other stars were traded, including Shea Weber? Where's their tarnish?

Once again, I'll be clear about this: I love Subban and wish we'd had better people in charge to smooth over the internal issues in the locker room, but I have no doubt there were internal issues.

Issues that likely started when the GM hired a coach who had been publicly critical of him as a media pundit, then proceeded to publicly state that he needed to teach him Character...

issues exacerbated when that same GM played a bs "bridge" contract hardball game for no apparent reason that completely ignored the dedication and performance said player had provided the organization from day one of getting drafted.

spin it how you'd like, we of course don't have a smoking gun of MT or MB feeding their friends in the media bs about PK. All we have is an overwhelming amount of evidence that suggests neither coach nor GM wanted the player, despite performance and community involvment that every other team in the league would die for...
we have media rumours of bad behaviour that is completely inconsistent with all other public and private commentary from anyone who has ever dealt with PK the hockey player or person.
we have countless ex teammates who have publicly commented on his dedication, work ethic, and team focused attitude.

It's pretty silly the extent to which what is known continuously gets ignored or downplayed in favor of conjecture and "no smoking gun" deflections against what is otherwise pretty obvious.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Had the opportunity to sit down with Karl at the Olympic games in Sochi and pick his brain on his approach to parenting... (i've got a young daughter and am very involved in youth sport, love learning from people with clear success in parenting/teaching/coaching).
what an incredible man and what a great approach to raising kids...

while i haven't read the book, i suspect it distills all the same wisdom and tidbits... highly recommend the read to anyone who has kids.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
For me the most frustrating part is Molson talking as if the only reason fans are frustrated is because of the 1-7 start. I don't know if he really believes that, but I'd rather him not say anything than coming out and confirming once again that he (owner and president) is out of touch with the fan base.

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
Markov and Radulov were creating all the plays and passes

What the hell?

Absolutely no creativity

The answer isn’t in the room we just got a lucky win streak . We are back to reality.

Exactly, and the Habs were still a pretty average team with Radulov and Markov last year (aside from their outstanding 15 games start). Now without those 2, they look more like a lottery team than a team fighting to make the playoffs.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

The Subban book has competition ...

$

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I doubt we make any meaningful moves until around the deadline. If we’re in it then I can see is adding. If not we’ll trade off guys like Plex etc and try to add some picks for the draft.

Bigger pieces likely won’t be traded until the season is over and by a new GM if that’s where Molson decides to go. Then Patches or Chucky will be traded to try and change this identity of this team.

That’s the way I see it playing out.

Reactions: DAChampion

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The Subban book has competition ...

$
Just post a gif of his ridiculous SCF worthy victory dance.
That is when and where everything started shaking loose.
I was one of the few wondering at the over reaction that ended up spilling out on the streets. Round 2 victories are worth more than I imagined. I'm not saying he incited anything but it didn't help and we looked completely foolish as a City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad