Marc Bergevin -'The answer is in that room'- Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
So is there any chance that we are actually rebuilding or retooling right now but management or ownership just doesn't want to officially tell the players and or fans such? Look at our last 6 months, We let a top line forward and top 2 defender go. We entered the season with like 8 Million in cap space. We had zero prospects that were expected to make the jump in a significant way coming into the season.

Maybe we are slowly witnessing a changing of the guard so to speak. Plekanec is surely deadline bait, Galchenyuk feels all but traded at this point, Pacioretty will surely be asked about, and even Paul Byron should return a really good prospect given his cap hit and production over the past 2 years.

Fingers crossed, but I really hope we are in the midst of a quiet rebuild/retool this season.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Could be the room inside his head. There is more of it than he led to believe back in 2012. :sarcasm:

the man is so arrogant and full of himself he is too stupid to even see he is doing a poor job,

i would bet anything he brings up edmonton at the end of the year presser....basically saying if a team like edmonton can fail, then its okay if we fail also :rolleyes:

the media needs to start being harder on him....put him on the spot with some difficult questions, where he can't beat around the bush

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
So is there any chance that we are actually rebuilding or retooling right now but management or ownership just doesn't want to officially tell the players and or fans such? Look at our last 6 months, We let a top line forward and top 2 defender go. We entered the season with like 8 Million in cap space. We had zero prospects that were expected to make the jump in a significant way coming into the season.

Maybe we are slowly witnessing a changing of the guard so to speak. Plekanec is surely deadline bait, Galchenyuk feels all but traded at this point, Pacioretty will surely be asked about, and even Paul Byron should return a really good prospect given his cap hit and production over the past 2 years.

Fingers crossed, but I really hope we are in the midst of a quiet rebuild/retool this season.

That sounds like a plan......but it's wishful thinking.
He went after Radulov, Markov and Bonino and failed.
If that was the plan, he wouldn't have tried to sign anybody.

You forgot one thing....Marc Bergevin doesn't have a plan.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hope he heard those chants in his ivory tower on Saturday.

FIRE BERGEVIN!

I hope you enjoyed your time in Montreal. I know you did what you could at the game but your hands were tied.

At least, you still had a girlfriend on your way back home. :sarcasm:

What was the atmosphere like in the third period? How bad was the booing? You can't always get a full appreciation from watching on TV.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Screenshot_20171211-101400.png

RESPEKT IS IMPORTANT
MT will be back behind an NHL bench

Last edited:
Reactions: Peanut and Runner77

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I hope you enjoyed your time in Montreal. I know you did what you could at the game but your hands were tied.

At least, you still had a girlfriend on your way back home. :sarcasm:

What was the atmosphere like in the third period? How bad was the booing? You can't always get a full appreciation from watching on TV.

The atmosphere sucked all night, honestly.

The fans were just not knowledgeable and pretty stupid all around. There was some booing in the third and second, but overall, not nearly enough contempt for what we've seen all year.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
The fans and more importantly the players knew Bergevin was lying when he said....the answer is in the room.....he had all off season to put it in the room and he sat on his butt....did not get a top center....did not get Radulov signed.....did not replace Radulov....did not and still has not spent his cap space....so no the answer is not in the room ....it is in the front office.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016

The fans were just not knowledgeable and pretty stupid all around. There was some booing in the third and second, but overall, not nearly enough contempt for what we've seen all year.

Please see my post in http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...nter-to-fire-mb.2421365/page-2#post-138898507

I said exactly what WTK states, the average fan is a dullard.
I would expect at this point jerseys should be thrown on the ice (or waffles)

instead nothing. No passion. I would throw a jersey, just on the off chance it gets some attention somewhere or it starts others in doing so.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
the man is so arrogant and full of himself he is too stupid to even see he is doing a poor job,

i would bet anything he brings up edmonton at the end of the year presser....basically saying if a team like edmonton can fail, then its okay if we fail also :rolleyes:

the media needs to start being harder on him....put him on the spot with some difficult questions, where he can't beat around the bush

They're hitting hard on Bergevin, on 91.9FM and via non mainstream sites. However, no one is really challenging Bergevin in person, largely due to the fact that he doesn't hold that many pressers and the Habs's handlers limit the questions and time so that the Habs have full control over the process. The most disturbing part of pressers is how the Habs's handlers ambush reporters who ask questions that they don't like and try to badger them. It's straight out of a KGB procedure manual.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

So it wasn't all that worse than watching it on TV. Place sounds like a mausoleum.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
The fans and more importantly the players knew Bergevin was lying when he said....the answer is in the room.....he had all off season to put it in the room and he sat on his butt....did not get a top center....did not get Radulov signed.....did not replace Radulov....did not and still has not spent his cap space....so no the answer is not in the room ....it is in the front office.

MB constantly puts the blame elsewhere, refs, injuries, wherever...as long as the blame is never on him...the man is a COWARD

Censored Toad

Aug 8, 2016
They're hitting hard on Bergevin, on 91.9FM and via non mainstream sites. However, no one is really challenging Bergevin in person, largely due to the fact that he doesn't hold that many pressers and the Habs's handlers limit the questions and time so that the Habs have full control over the process. The most disturbing part of pressers is how the Habs's handlers ambush reporters who ask questions that they don't like and try to badger them. It's straight out of a KGB procedure manual.

Like how bad does it have to get before they actually start to be highly critical of him? If this was another NHL team I have no doublt that MB would be fired.

Esp after this offseason he had where :

Ales Hemsky replaces Rads
Streit replaces Markov
Capspace is picked up on waivers and plays the most minutes on 5 on 5, PK, PP overtime and still has yet to net one point in 31 freaking games.

I won't bring up the droin pick up because I thought the trade made sense. We would wreck Serg , Drouin helped with scoring. etc etc.

Actually, wait f**k that Drouin useage too!!!

Drouin :
Make a winger play center while you make a center play winger. Freaking genius.
French Canadian "hometown boy wonder,do no wrong #1 C " vs. double standard against evil communist russian.

BullS**t.
seriously, this team is so screwed up its comical. like you can't make this stuff up. How can this be aloud to happen and no one dares question it?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
One of the recurring themes this morning on 91.9FM, is how the team has no identity. Another is how the team's leaders are too level-headed, no one is getting angry, no one is leading a charge.

The only thing to have happened in the "room" and that was mentioned on Spanre, is how Julien's presser with the media, following Saturday's game, was delayed by 30 minutes.

In what is a predictable routine, we should be seeing Bergevin's annual visit to the room, soon.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Censored Toad

Aug 8, 2016
The amount of just plain stupid contracts that have been given out by this GM... before anything else is considered in his body of work should be grounds for dismissal. Pickle Jar and Hemsky are the icing on the cake.

Kudos for rolling over patches with your big alpha male swagger MB, got him at a good contract. A shill like patches took it, too bad markov and Rads were poorly trained "dogs" and left.

He throws money at plugs and nickel and dimes skill. Like I cannot comprehend how someone in that position can be soo piss poor at their job.

most of us on here played hockey for recreation, we do not have an entire organization dedicated to telling us "How can I make this team better" and yet, I would put about 95 % of HF habs in the GM seat and expect we would be better off for it. That is even before we engage our great scouting staff to help us make choices.

Like if you were GM and your scouting department said " Hey Karl Alzner is available at around 5 mill, I think you should take it" After a quick google search you can figure out he Alzner sucks and you should keep markov then say " get the f**k out of my office, your fired"

I mean for markov, you should have kept him for one more year out of respect for the man. Its not like he wasnt a serviceable member of your team. The old general was our second best D man.

Yet..... here we are.... bad contracts abound, shitty shitty shitty players playing in roles the shouldn't be in and the owner just said " Marc is doing great" while the GM is hiding behind plants and making such nice statements as " our D CORE IS better then last year"

You cannot make thist stuff up. Only in hab land. Only in Hab land where the french canadian stars can do no wrong.

I swear they are stuck in the cold war era. Forget stats ( PK> Weber, then fire the statmen that went against the trade) Who needs stats, skill when you got Kharacter and Respeck!!!

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
I swear they are stuck in the cold war era. Forget stats ( PK> Weber, then fire the statmen that went against the trade) Who needs stats, skill when you got Kharacter and Respeck!!!

the type of game MB and CJ want to preach and play simply does not exist today....they are stuck in a time freeze....this defensive strategy ain't gonna work in todays game.....

i am all for blowing this team up, trade everybody for picks and prospects....see if we can get TWO top 5 picks this year....people say a blowup or a tank doesn't guarantee success and i agree with that....but you know what also doesn't guarantee success?....our current strategy, and it hasn't worked for 25 years....it's time for a change, its time to at least TRY something different.....you don't keep doing the same thing for 25 years and expect different results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->