GDT: Marc Bergevin @ Guy A. Lepage TLMEP, 8pm, SRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Im not really here to try and prove you wrong But when i hear stuff like “hes not the only problem” i can’t help it, its stronger than me.

The team had its best moments when he wasn’t playing. He was the only reason this team went down. With a good goalie we we’re in the playoffs.

Why is it so hard to accept this?

Are you from the flat earth society?

Sooner you accept the cold hard truth, faster you’ll move on.

He was terrible last season and the main source of distraction in the locker room.
If Price stood on his head the entire year, we're talking Hart/Vezina winner again, we maybe get the last Wild Card spot and get swept first round

Good goalie we're in the playoffs my ass

He was amongst the best goalies in the 2017 playoffs and his team couldn't buy a goal, his GMs answer was to get rid of 2 of their top offensive contributors

He was terrible last season, think that's the only accurate thing in your post

You won't have to worry about him much longer I figure though

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Not at all

teams like Flyers , NYI and more need badly a goalie

Exemple for a trade with Price to get some return if we had discussion with the Flyers

Price + McCarron

vs
Lethera + Eliott + Gudas and a good player + pick

Melt 11m+ of flyers cap and they barely lose anything.

always possible just need to work the trade

Why would we get a load of jank for Price? He's a good player

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
The funniest thing is when Bergevin tries to explain how centers are never traded and proceeds to defend himself by saying “how do you know we weren’t in on” player x, y, z who was traded? You just said they aren’t traded. It’s not that centers aren’t traded Marc, it’s that you couldn’t close the deal.

If his argument was that we don’t have the assets to make the deal because it would leave us short in other areas and so we’ll build through the draft, he at least makes sense. Now he just sounds like an idiot because he can’t seem to make up his mind whether he’s challenging now or building through prospects.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The Wild, 6 yrs in a row in da playoff, and fired dere GM today..........the owner said it starts with him......

Molson could learn something from that guy...our owner is out to lunch, while the Wild owner wants to win the Cup!!

Their motto in Minny, is Good is not Good enough!!

Our standard, is hey, make da playoff, and who knows what can 'appen!!

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
The Wild, 6 yrs in a row in da playoff, and fired dere GM today..........the owner said it starts with him......

Molson could learn something from that guy...our owner is out to lunch, while the Wild owner wants to win the Cup!!

Their motto in Minny, is Good is not Good enough!!

Our standard, is hey, make da playoff, and who knows what can 'appen!!

"expect da unexpected"

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This is the funniest ****ing thing ever..

The only person in the league who doesn't know what ails the Montreal Canadiens is.... Marc Bergevin.

OH IT'S A BIG SECRET THE HABS ARE WEAK ON DEFENSE AND CENTRE. CAN'T LET ANYBODY KNOW!!!

28yf8h.jpg

:sarcasm:

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Being in a salary cap era seems to hurt us alot since our taxes rate is among the highest in the league, Bergevin brought up that argument as a possible reason why Radulov choose playing in Texas over here with the same offer on the table.. Basically, we have to overpay players signifiantly while the cap is the same for every teams, an indexation seems like a logical solution to that problem but Im not sure Bettman is interested in the matter...

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Being in a salary cap era seems to hurt us alot since our taxes rate is among the highest in the league, Bergevin brought up that argument as a possible reason why Radulov choose playing in Texas over here with the same offer on the table.. Basically, we have to overpay players signifiantly while the cap is the same for every teams, an indexation seems like a logical solution to that problem but Im not sure Bettman is interested in the matter...

Because there's no way you can absolutely even the playing field.
Income taxes may be higher, but then property tax, or property prices may be higher or lower elsewhere. Then you have weather, which is a draw. You have anonymity vs. fame.

Each market has its unique set of advantages and disadvantages.

I wouldn't play in any State that was overwhelmingly Republican.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
The funniest thing is when Bergevin tries to explain how centers are never traded and proceeds to defend himself by saying “how do you know we weren’t in on” player x, y, z who was traded? You just said they aren’t traded. It’s not that centers aren’t traded Marc, it’s that you couldn’t close the deal.

If his argument was that we don’t have the assets to make the deal because it would leave us short in other areas and so we’ll build through the draft, he at least makes sense. Now he just sounds like an idiot because he can’t seem to make up his mind whether he’s challenging now or building through prospects.

And that's why there's no hope. They're not fully committed to the long term, but neither to the short term.

Bieber fever

Mar 7, 2010
Westmount
So what is actually the plan ? MB started talking about it in PC. He said it had 4 major spoints and the first one was to change the attitude.In pretty sure the second was having the right person in the right place.Not sure about #3 and 4...

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
So what is actually the plan ? MB started talking about it in PC. He said it had 4 major spoints and the first one was to change the attitude.In pretty sure the second was having the right person in the right place.Not sure about #3 and 4...

There's no freaking plan. He was asked what the other three pillars were numerous times after the presser and it's clear he's making shit up ont he fly lmao.

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
Perhaps Molson got the news that Fletcher wasn't renewed and he's gonna sign him and throw Bergevin under the bus to swap for him

Not that I think Fletcher is great but he surely did better in Minessota then Bergevin in Montreal

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
giphy.gif

But hey Marc, what about this guy?:laugh:

Reactions: Runner77

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
A lot of what MB says is reasonable in a vacuum. It’s just the constant lack of ability to get the job done that’s troubling. I agree good players I rarely traded. I agree it’s not easy to trade away core players. I agree there’s more factors than just how a team looks on paper. It all makes sense. It’s just always something though. At a certain point it’s simple. If you can’t make us a contender via trades then rebuild and build through draft with top picks. The starts quo is embarrassing.

I’m sure this team can be better than last year but how much better? Not enough. Barring JT signing and ya winning lottery we’re spinning our tires here.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Because there's no way you can absolutely even the playing field.
Income taxes may be higher, but then property tax, or property prices may be higher or lower elsewhere. Then you have weather, which is a draw. You have anonymity vs. fame.

Each market has its unique set of advantages and disadvantages.

I wouldn't play in any State that was overwhelmingly Republican.
:laugh: same here.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
He was asked what the other three pillars were numerous times after the presser and it's clear he's making **** up ont he fly lmao.
It's

1.better Attitude
2. Upgrade the C position
3. Upgrade the D position
4. Play better as a group.

How will he do all That? How can we know when he doesn't even know himself. ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce