GDT: Marc Bergevin @ Guy A. Lepage TLMEP, 8pm, SRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
the team is screwed, and nobody is going to fix this in one or two seasons,

i have watched every game of the boston toronto series, watching them play makes me realize just how bad we are....these 2 teams are miles ahead of us, they make us look like a AAA midget team
Agreed, Habs are getting worse while these other teams are getting better.

Reactions: groovejuice

Jul 6, 2016
If MB wants to save his job he has to:

Trade Patches for O'Reilly;
Sign Tavares and DeHaan as UFA
Get rid of dead wood
And pray to grab Dahlin 1st overall.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't trust Bergevin to do what it takes, he seems to be exerting too much control over a process that should have had him held to account by someone other than ownership, since they chose to continue with him. Bergevin is essentially relying on the same advisors heading into the draft. He's also continuing to consult deadwood like Larry Carrière, which shows Bergevin has learned nothing.

Reactions: groovejuice

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I don't trust Bergevin to do what it takes, he seems to be exerting too much control over a process that should have had him held to account by someone other than ownership, since they chose to continue with him. Bergevin is essentially relying on the same advisors heading into the draft. He's also continuing to consult deadwood like Larry Carrière, which shows Bergevin has learned nothing.
That's not true, he's learnt a new word

c74d8d2e44ff5e2a881263e95cd9738a.jpg

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'm pretty sure that Brodeur will be a good GM

He's super inexperienced. He isn't part of an organization who is leading the modern NHL. He is an ex NHLer who will have the interest of his buddies at heart.

It's a big no for me on Brodeur

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK

Get rid of dead wood
Pretty long list of things to go right.

Bergevin’s incompetence is known league wide. Saw a Chicago fan mention in the playoff board that Montréal can be used as a pawn in the Blackhawks re-tooling as Bergevin will “give draft picks up until 2030 for Toews”

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
He's super inexperienced. He isn't part of an organization who is leading the modern NHL. He is an ex NHLer who will have the interest of his buddies at heart.

It's a big no for me on Brodeur

we could say the same thing when Tampa Bay hired Yzerman and look the result

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

I don't think you could say that at the time the Detroit Red Wings weren't doing modern NHL hockey. They were always a model organization for many years, built on a solid drafting and development foundation. It hasn't been until recent years where Holland has lost the plot.

I don't remember quite how many years Yzerman had been incubating in the Wings organisation.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

Get rid of dead wood

I thing for sure is that Bergevin will be doing all of those things as usual since he is the most active GM on the planet
But how many will come true, probably none!!! :laugh:

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I don't think you could say that at the time the Detroit Red Wings weren't doing modern NHL hockey. They were always a model organization for many years, built on a solid drafting and development foundation. It hasn't been until recent years where Holland has lost the plot.

I don't remember quite how many years Yzerman had been incubating in the Wings organisation.

4 years and the blues have a good drafting and development foundation, it's just that there goalies suck

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
4 years and the blues have a good drafting and development foundation, it's just that there goalies suck

Their goalies haven't been good and their team is Montreal Canadiens west. Play a defensive style. Stick a good winger with no center. No risks offensively.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia

Yzerman (and Poile) is referenced a lot but to be fair he has been the GM for 8 years in Tampa. He has had moments where he was unpopular with fans because of how he handled a few players St. Louis and Drouin as examples. He also didn't make any significant trades until year 4 or 5.

Both Yzerman and Poile have had long tenures as GM of their respective teams. There is no way the fans in Montreal would give their GM that much patience.

Reactions: Vachon23

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Yzerman (and Poile) is referenced a lot but to be fair he has been the GM for 8 years in Tampa. He has had moments where he was unpopular with fans because of how he handled a few players St. Louis and Drouin as examples. He also didn't make any significant trades until year 4 or 5.

Both Yzerman and Poile have had long tenures as GM of their respective teams. There is no way the fans in Montreal would give their GM that much patience.

you have a point and you can add Cheveldeyoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad