GDT: Marc Bergevin @ Guy A. Lepage TLMEP, 8pm, SRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Like I said a few months ago, if I was Price, I'd lift my NMC. The fanbase is turning on him and even his GM does it.

Trade me right f****** now

He was given a vision of what the team was working towards when they traded Subban and I imagine they sold him on more when they were going threw the extension process. Wouldn’t be shocking if things go south again next year that he does want out because Bergevin has completely failed the past 2 offseasons. We have to wait and see what Summer 2018 has in store. There’s the potential of things getting even uglier next season.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
David Poile said in the presser announcement of the trade that he asked tentatively (based on what he thought were silly rumours) if Bergevin was doing anything with Subban. He was surprised to here 76 was available, so he put up Weber as a starting offer, probably expecting to have to negotiate further.

Then came “If you’re offered Shea Weber, you don’t ask for more”.

You could see it in Poile’s face throughout that PC - he looked like he’d robbed a bank with no hitches and nobody was coming after him about it.

Using the guy that traded for Subban as the source that it wasn't widely known that he was available seems... suspect.

I don't know that the fact that Poile was surprised he was able to rob Bergevin blind is evidence that Bergevin didn't shop Subban. Because Bergevin likes Weber a lot.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Like I said a few months ago, if I was Price, I'd lift my NMC. The fanbase is turning on him and even his GM does it.

Trade me right f****** now

Even if Price did ask to be traded could the Habs even find a taker at this point for Price and his massive contract that's about to kick in and still get something decent in return. Price didn't need a NMC included into his contract. The contract itself is pretty much a NMC at this point especially when you add in his poor play from last season and him getting injured yet again.

I just can't see teams lining up for Price even if he were made available due to his contract but I've heard the same with Phaneuf and others and they got moved so who really knows. Maybe if the Habs retained a bunch of salary or included a valuable piece to rid themselves on his contract with a minimum return then maybe. What a ****ing mess this team is in.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Even if Price did ask to be traded could the Habs even find a taker at this point for Price and his massive contract that's about to kick in and still get something decent in return. Price didn't need a NMC included into his contract. The contract itself is pretty much a NMC at this point especially when you add in his poor play from last season and him getting injured yet again.

I just can't see teams lining up for Price even if he were made available due to his contract but I've heard the same with Phaneuf and others and they got moved so who really knows. Maybe if the Habs retained a bunch of salary or included a valuable piece to rid themselves on his contract with a minimum return then maybe. What a ****ing mess this team is in.

at this point we would probably need to pay somebody to take price away....he has negative value

Reactions: PaulD

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Oh ok
He was given a vision of what the team was working towards when they traded Subban and I imagine they sold him on more when they were going threw the extension process. Wouldn’t be shocking if things go south again next year that he does want out because Bergevin has completely failed the past 2 offseasons. We have to wait and see what Summer 2018 has in store. There’s the potential of things getting even uglier next season.

so if next year Price shits the bed again, it will Bergevin’s fault.

I got the memo. Thanks.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
at this point we would probably need to pay somebody to take price away....he has negative value

Not at all

teams like Flyers , NYI and more need badly a goalie

Exemple for a trade with Price to get some return if we had discussion with the Flyers

Price + McCarron

vs
Lethera + Eliott + Gudas and a good player + pick

Melt 11m+ of flyers cap and they barely lose anything.

always possible just need to work the trade

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
A decade is a long time. A decade ago the Habs had a plethora of high potential prospects.
And now we have none. We are going to suffer with so much money tied to Price - and that's if he is even healthy towards the end because already has knee issues. If unhealthy it'll be even worse. Not to mention all the money tied to Weber as we watch his career wind down.
I'm so happy we trade for Weber to watch him end his career here, but we don't even have the luxury of watching Markov finish his with the Habs. Apparently he's not good when he's pressured lmfao.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
That was 5 days before the trade.

Molson said they decided to trade him 6 months before it happened.

Whatever way you want to look at it, Weber is an amateurish return considering he had SIX ****ING MONTHS to prepare a suitable trade.

Yeah, and it was a couple of days before the NTC kicked in when Poile made the call , and MB would have been desperate at that point.

MB had PK F'n Subban and he turned it into a situation where he was desperate. Losing 4 years , especially prime years on the player swap obviously means Weber was valued quite a bit higher than PK, which is ridiculous. DESPERATION.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Oh ok

so if next year Price ****s the bed again, it will Bergevin’s fault.

I got the memo. Thanks.

That’s not what I’m saying. The players, not just Price were given a plan on what direction this team was suppose to go after Subban was traded. Bergevin went all in and failed to follow threw on whatever that plan was. Does Price deserve criticism for what happened this season, absolutely. But this team had zero chemistry from day 1. Whether it was our forwards, defence, goaltending, or coaching. Nobody was on the same page. Price was used as a meatshield this season so for the fans that keeping throwing up the idea he’s never criticized, their argument is garbage. He was far from the only one underperforming when we started 1-6-1 in October, although fans and Bergevin made it mostly made it all about him. And he was far from the only reason this season went south. He needs to be a lot better, I don’t think anyone is arguing that. But even if he does rebound, this team is still in a lot of trouble as of today. This offseason will be very telling on what we can expect moving forward.

FlatIron

Sep 27, 2017
Montreal
David Poile said in the presser announcement of the trade that he asked tentatively (based on what he thought were silly rumours) if Bergevin was doing anything with Subban. He was surprised to here 76 was available, so he put up Weber as a starting offer, probably expecting to have to negotiate further.

Then came “If you’re offered Shea Weber, you don’t ask for more”.

You could see it in Poile’s face throughout that PC - he looked like he’d robbed a bank with no hitches and nobody was coming after him about it.

Almost as bad as Kramer taking the coffee deal and not listening to Jackie Chiles.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
And now we have none. We are going to suffer with so much money tied to Price - and that's if he is even healthy towards the end because already has knee issues. If unhealthy it'll be even worse. Not to mention all the money tied to Weber as we watch his career wind down.
I'm so happy we trade for Weber to watch him end his career here, but we don't even have the luxury of watching Markov finish his with the Habs. Apparently he's not good when he's pressured lmfao.

At least Markov doesnt biff the puck into his own net when he is pressured like Mr. Marc Bergevin, premiere no.6 D man.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

And he might be saying what MB asked him to say. Courtesy is not a big sacrifice to add to get the trade done... "Huh-un, for sure Bergy, I'll say whatever you like, so it's a done deal?"

I just don't see why we need to dig any deeper than "he thought Weber made more sense than Subban" to make Bergevin look unfit? Why delve into unsupported hypotheticals when the simplest answer is that Bergevin doesn't understand how to appraise players well.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I just don't see why we need to dig any deeper than "he thought Weber made more sense than Subban" to make Bergevin look unfit? Why delve into unsupported hypotheticals when the simplest answer is that Bergevin doesn't understand how to appraise players well.

Well, that's still part of it.

But the fact he had SIX months leaves a lot of room to speculate how it all went down.

Reactions: groovejuice

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
That’s not what I’m saying. The players, not just Price were given a plan on what direction this team was suppose to go after Subban was traded. Bergevin went all in and failed to follow threw on whatever that plan was. Does Price deserve criticism for what happened this season, absolutely. But this team had zero chemistry from day 1. Whether it was our forwards, defence, goaltending, or coaching. Nobody was on the same page. Price was used as a meatshield this season so for the fans that keeping throwing up the idea he’s never criticized, their argument is garbage. He was far from the only one underperforming when we started 1-6-1 in October, although fans and Bergevin made it mostly made it all about him. And he was far from the only reason this season went south. He needs to be a lot better, I don’t think anyone is arguing that. But even if he does rebound, this team is still in a lot of trouble as of today. This offseason will be very telling on what we can expect moving forward.

There was a stretch in December/January when Price was putting up numbers like his old self. Habs were still losing games.

We can run Price out of town but it’s not changing anything for the better.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
There was a stretch in December/January when Price was putting up numbers like his old self. Habs were still losing games.

We can run Price out of town but it’s not changing anything for the better.

Lindgren was 3-4-1 despite putting up .920+ numbers earlier in the year. Niemi was below .500 despite putting up a .929 in 19 games. Calling out Price on a bad season is fine. But putting the failure of the season on him is not. The team sucked defensively and that’s ignoring we were 30th in offence as well.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Lindgren was 3-4-1 despite putting up .920+ numbers earlier in the year. Niemi was below .500 despite putting up a .929 in 19 games. Calling out Price on a bad season is fine. But putting the failure of the season on him is not. The team sucked defensively and that’s ignoring we were 30th in offence as well.

It'd be so great if MB could get challenged like this at his pressers.

He'd probably leave in fury.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013

Im not really here to try and prove you wrong But when i hear stuff like “hes not the only problem” i can’t help it, its stronger than me.

The team had its best moments when he wasn’t playing. He was the only reason this team went down. With a good goalie we we’re in the playoffs.

Why is it so hard to accept this?

Are you from the flat earth society?

Sooner you accept the cold hard truth, faster you’ll move on.

He was terrible last season and the main source of distraction in the locker room.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Im not really here to try and prove you wrong But when i hear stuff like “hes not the only problem” i can’t help it, its stronger than me.

The team had its best moments when he wasn’t playing. He was the only reason this team went down. With a good goalie we we’re in the playoffs.

Why is it so hard to accept this?

Are you from the flat earth society?

Sooner you accept the cold hard truth, faster you’ll move on.

He was terrible last season and the main source of distraction in the locker room.

The team was still losing when he wasn’t in net so I’m not sure what your point is or what it is I’m suppose to accept. I never claimed he had anything close to a good season so you’re making an arguement I never made. How many teams have ever made the made playoffs with the 30th ranked offence in the league? You bring up the teams best moments, but there weren’t any. There were some nice stories. Gallagher scoring 30 and Niemi bouncing back, but they didn’t change anything. The team was flat out of the gate and outside of a small stretch in November where they won 5 games in a row, all of which Price was apart of, they never recovered. You can continue trying to make the season about him, but this wasn’t a playoff team, not even close. Inexperienced or depth defenceman like Benn, Alzner, Mete, Morrow, Schlemko, etc all getting top 2-4 roles the entire season with a #3 defenceman taking on a the responsibility of top guy is a recipe for disaster. If you’re incapable of accessing every other aspect of a team other then goaltending, then the debate is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad