Recalled/Assigned: Maple Leafs Recall Nikita Soshnikov from Marlies

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
Just because they haven't been putting up points 5v5 doesn't mean they haven't been putting up offence.

They've been the best 5v5 players on the team (including Hyman), and one of the best 5v5 lines in the NHL.

I see 12 Leaf symbols and only 10 names on this chart. Like, is Matthews that Leaf symbol at the left end of "Matthews" or the right end?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
So Nylander and Mathews need to step up there games 5v5 then... It's obvious to me that you don't understand the x's and o's all that much because if you did you would know that it's Hyman who has been the dominant player on that line that keeps play in extended offensive zone shifts. He's also been better than both defensively and it's not even close either.

Just wait until game 35 and beyond how the tenacious play from Hyman carries over to the other 2. Babcock knows what he's doing. If you break that line up it's not Hyman who needs to be broken away it's one of Nylander or Mathews.

Or in the meantime they could get a guy without Hyman's stone hands to see if they'd be more effective in 5 v 5 situations.

I frankly think it's absurd for anyone to claim he's been the dominant player on that line.

The guy is on pace for NINE points. That's unacceptable even for a 4th liner.

I'm sorry I just can't accept the idea that Hyman is a core part of that line. Nylander and Matthews would dominant regardless of who their other linemate is.

There are plenty of players who can work as hard as Hyman - he has an incredibly replaceable skill set.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Or in the meantime they could get a guy without Hyman's stone hands to see if they'd be more effective in 5 v 5 situations.

I frankly think it's absurd for anyone to claim he's been the dominant player on that line.

The guy is on pace for NINE points. That's unacceptable even for a 4th liner.

I'm sorry I just can't accept the idea that Hyman is a core part of that line. Nylander and Matthews would dominant regardless of who their other linemate is.

There are plenty of players who can work as hard as Hyman - he has an incredibly replaceable skill set.

a few of the Matthews-Nylander shifts tonight have highlighted your point, they're playing offensive zone keep-away from 3 defenders and Hyman's biggest contributions are trying to get the puck back when the Oilers pin it behind their own net. Hyman is fine, looks line an NHL player, but you would think with the depth of our farm system that a guy with a similar ability to retrieve pucks with a much better skillset will emerge to add a third option for some offense on a big line. I don't like the idea of only making the defenders cover 2 guys either

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
TSN roundtable talking about seeing him moving up the lineup before long, he looks like a player. Does exactly what Hyman does but will contribute offensively

Honestly, I think he can crack into the league on the wing of matthews and Nylander, but ultimately I think that his place is next to Kadri/Marner replacing JVR.

I think the other kickass young kid we have in the AHL will end up being the best so far.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Sosh is awesome. Only played 7:35 all game & to me he was one of the top Leafs, brought the 4th line to life.

TMLS

Oct 30, 2013
London, Ontario
Everyone is right. This fanbase can't handle a rebuild. Just *****ing and moaning for the sake of *****ing and moaning. Did hyman **** all your mothers? Not one person ragging on Hyman has seen all 9 games this year. And probably checked out from the team in 2013 and is just now showing up to comment because we have new shiny ponies. This is brutal

have you watched hymen in the games? ya he works like a horse and forechecks, but FAILS to get the puck to either nylander or matthews bc he lacks skill big time. usually plays are set up by matthews/nylander to each other anyway, just look at the point total. hyman goes fore checks but as soon as he gets the puck the play just dies bc he doesnt have the skill to get it matthews or nylander. just pay attention tonite, how many times the play dies once he retrieves the puck. at best hyman is a 4th line winger and has no business being in a scoring line.

sosh plays similar style but can finish and has more skill to keep the play going.

please tell me you watched the game. if you didnt see what people were saying about Hyman on that line then it then there is no hope for you, prob one of those old people that still think grit better than skills in the nhl.....like don cherry would say back in the good old days.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I was wrong about him, in only 7ish mins he made a big impact. Thought he was overrated by some fans off of a small sample during last year, but he has a lot of good skills. Nice vision, a filthy shot, and good hands. Plus he's good on the forcheck. Show's once again not to be a boxscore watcher. Looked at his marlies stats and thought he wasn't too talented and had not much to offer. I hope he gets moved to hymans spot on matthews line.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
He was just like we remembered last season. So glad to have him back, and hopefully he can stay healthy and move up the lineup.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Sosh one of my favorite new Leafs.

Feels real good to have him back. Love this player.

ChurchOfMatthews

Goldmember
Oct 13, 2016
Plevna
Nice to see Sosh back, this kid has skill, work-ethic with a touch of nastiness and I see a bright future for him with the club.

Go Leafs Go!

scooter87

Mar 22, 2013
He's one of those players whose game seems to translate to whatever level he plays at. He's not necessarily going to be putting up huge numbers in the AHL but when he gets the call up his production seems to go up to the level he's playing at.

Love this kid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad