Recalled/Assigned: Maple Leafs Recall Nikita Soshnikov from Marlies

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I feel like sosh gets overated slightly due to a good 5 or soemthing games last season. People want him on the top line with kadri and I don't think he's ready. Wouldn't have been my first call up (leipsic, and kappy should have been over him) but Im willing to see what he can do and he does have a nice shot. Hopefully he replaces komo on the pp.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Not the player that deserved it the most if you go by performance on the Marlies but I think the Leafs really loved his compete level and skill on the bottom lines going back to last year.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I feel like sosh gets overated slightly due to a good 5 or soemthing games last season. People want him on the top line with kadri and I don't think he's ready. Wouldn't have been my first call up (leipsic, and kappy should have been over him) but Im willing to see what he can do and he does have a nice shot. Hopefully he replaces komo on the pp.

Is that really the top line?

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Is that really the top line?

They usually are tasked with playing against other teams top lines, and are the shutdown line for us. Even if it's not the top line, I would rather see kadri with better and more experienced wingers right now. I'd love to see a jvr-kadri-marner line and have sosh take hymans spot on the Matthews line. Have a bozak, komo, hyman line as the sheltered 3rd line that hits and tries to create secondary offense.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Knew they'd recall a forward from the Marlies with Hunny Boo Boo going on the IR.

Probably will play with Kadri

I hope Griffith doesn't come out of the line up.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
They usually are tasked with playing against other teams top lines, and are the shutdown line for us. Even if it's not the top line, I would rather see kadri with better and more experienced wingers right now. I'd love to see a jvr-kadri-marner line and have sosh take hymans spot on the Matthews line. Have a bozak, komo, hyman line as the sheltered 3rd line that hits and tries to create secondary offense.

I agree, Hyman needs to be replaced. I don't like Marner with Kadri, they both like to bring the puck up the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad