Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs Officially Sign Calle Rosen | Also Sign Andreas Borgman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Actually with Rielly and Zaitsev having beyond terrible years, having all Marincin's would likely have improved our record.

Only 1 guy I was super happy with was Gardiner. The rest was pretty much a tire fire.

latest

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
let's be honest, you know nothing about hockey and never played it. :nod:

Not only do I play it, I pay attention to it in incredible detail.

Just for fun, here's the stuff I claimed last off-season:

Marner/Matthews/Nylander will all get more points than eichel rookie season
Leafs should perform like 2007-08 blackhawks (actually played better)
Leafs will make the playoffs
Leafs will have 6 50+ point players (assumed marner with bozak)... and named each one. (bet on the main board)
Marner's age and OHL performance points to him having a similar rookie season to patrick kane (roughly correct ratio but approx 5 points off pace)
Nylander SEL/AHL trend points to him having a similar rookie season to filip forsberg
Matthews season in NLA relative to NHL player's performance in lockout years points to him being in the rocket race (rick nash was the comp)

I think people were laughing at every one of those predictions.

Guess I don't know what I'm talking about

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011

Leafs will have 6 50+ point players (assumed marner with bozak)... and named each one. (bet on the main board)
Marner's age and OHL performance points to him having a similar rookie season to patrick kane (roughly correct ratio but approx 5 points off pace)
Nylander SEL/AHL trend points to him having a similar rookie season to filip forsberg
Matthews season in NLA relative to NHL player's performance in lockout years points to him being in the rocket race (rick nash was the comp)

To be clear, saying we're better off with marincin than Rielly. Is that a prediction then?

Pholus

May 23, 2014
I would say that Rosen is either on the third pair or in the AHL. There is no sense having him as the 7th. He needs to get some ice time to get used to the NA game.

I agree with this thought, and think it should also apply to Borgman & Dermott. These 3 young guys are competing for a spot as an everyday 3rd pairing dman, and would need to clearly be the 6th best guy to make the Leafs. Marincin & Marchenko are good enough NHLers to sit in the pressbox and wouldn't benefit from being sent down to the Marlies. Borgman, Dermott & Rosen would all be better served playing top 4 roles for the Marlies than sitting in the pressbox for the Leafs (IMO Dermott can continue his development if he's back as the #1 dman for the Marlies, and the 2 Swedes would likely have an easier transition to the NA game going SHL -> AHL -> NHL as opposed to SHL -> NHL).

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina

What a world it would be if being right in the past stopped you from being wrong in the future.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls

Congrats for being an oracle

Hey, do you have the lotto numbers for next weeks draw?

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph

Going around telling everyone how smart and right you are, is something only done by people who are full of ****.

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's

Some of these seem way too specific. Sources?

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
My 1st highlight-montage for.. Calle Rosen (#39)..., who plays Defense position with the 2016-17 Vaxjo Lakers HC (SHL).... and also with 2016-17 Team Sweden (#9), in the IIHF & EHT...

Calle was signed as a free agent by the Toronto Maple Leafs.., on May 16th 2017... He could start the season on the Marlies.., but just like Andreas Borgman who was signed on the same day.. (video in this threadl) ...he might just move right onto the Leafs.

Calle Rosen
Defense -- shoots L
Born Feb 2 1994
23 yrs. ago
Height 6.00 -- Weight 180

RECENT STATS:

2014-15 - Vaxjo Lakers HC - SHL
3 Games... 0 Goals... 0 Assists... 0 Points... +/- 0
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2014-15 - Rogle BK - Allsvenskan
42 Games... 10 Goals... 13 Assists... 23 Points... -1
2015 - Rogle BK - Allsvenskan QUALIFICATION
6 Games... 0 Goals... 2 Assists... 2 Points... +/- 0
2015-16 - Vaxjo Lakers HC - SHL
52 Games... 3 Goals... 11 Assists... 14 Points... +2
2016 SHL PLAYOFFS
13 Games... 1 Goal... 4 Assists... 5 Points... +1
2015-16 - Vaxjo Lakers HC - Champions HL
6 Games... 2 Goals... 1 Assist... 3 Points... +5
*2016-17 - Vaxjo Lakers HC - SHL
41 Games... 6 Goals... 13 Assists... 19 Points... +19
*2017 SHL PLAYOFFS
6 Games... 0 Goals... 0 Assists... 0 Points... -3
*2016-17 - Team Sweden - EHT
3 Games... 0 Goals... 1 Assist... 1 Point... +/- 0
*2016-17 - Team Sweden - International Junior
13 Games... 1 Goal... 2 Assists... 3 Points... +5
*2016-17 - Vaxjo Lakers HC - Champions HL
11 Games... 5 Goals... 2 Assists... 6 Points... -+4

Killing Pain: Calle Rosen 2015-2017 Offense & Defense Highlights - TML (HD)

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
After starting the off-season by signing Miro Aaltonen, the Toronto Maple Leafs dipped into the European unrestricted free agent once again on May 16, 2017.

The Leafs announced the signings of Andreas Borgman and Calle Rosen, two young, standout defencemen from the Swedish Hockey League. Although there were many rumours linking the Leafs to Rosen and his defensive partner, Philip Holm, the Leafs surprised a few when the announcement on Twitter read “Andreas Borgman“.

Prior to the 2016-17 season, Borgman had only briefly played in the Swedish top flight, featuring in three games for Timra IK way back in the 2012-13 year. The native of Stockholm spent four years in the Timra organization before joining VIK Vasteras HK as a 20-year old in 2015-16.

So who is Andreas Borgman? And what do the Leafs see in him?

http://lastwordonhockey.com/2017/08/03/toronto-maple-leafs-roster-preview-50-50-andreas-borgman/

DieTomi

Auston "50 Goals" Matthews
Aug 4, 2017
Hamilton
These are some pretty underrated signings imo. Really like our depth on the blue line now, one more piece in the top 4 and I think we are golden.

Crease Master

Dec 17, 2016
This guy can help this team, the way he put the puck on net with regularity producing tips, rebounds, and mayhem was pretty impressive. He even blasted a sen to the dressing room at the end. We haven't really had a guy who can drop bombs from the blue line since Dion split town, Rosen is my pick to make this club among the many defencemen on the bubble. Good signing.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
This guy can help this team, the way he put the puck on net with regularity producing tips, rebounds, and mayhem was pretty impressive. He even blasted a sen to the dressing room at the end. We haven't really had a guy who can drop bombs from the blue line since Dion split town, Rosen is my pick to make this club among the many defencemen on the bubble. Good signing.
With guys like Naz and JVR that are always in front, he could create a lot of goals.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009

Only one preseason game but I agree. Unlike Marincin he can at least hit the net and skate

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other

He had a good 2 periods but I found dermott better. Rosen was struggling a bit keeping up with the game, he managed hough, but dermott was just cool and collected all game.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
He had a good 2 periods but I found dermott better. Rosen was struggling a bit keeping up with the game, he managed hough, but dermott was just cool and collected all game.

Where Dermott started off hot, I thought he really started to disapear towards the end of the game... Conversely, Rosen started okay but not hot, and got better as the game went on... Both played well.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Where Dermott started off hot, I thought he really started to disapear towards the end of the game... Conversely, Rosen started okay but not hot, and got better as the game went on... Both played well.
Babs played rosen on the pp which he excelled at and really was noticable.
Dermott played the pk and it became good gain after the 1st period.
Dermott was always in the right spot and didn't have to rush to get to where he was supposed to be. 5on5 rosen was a bit scrambly imo. His skating made up for it, but dermott was always in the right place at the right time. Might have been quiet but that's a good thing for a defensman.
Also his defensive play was great. The puck and player were seperated quickly and he moved the puck out well, then changed.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

Rosen is promising but he needs some work defensively, hopefully that's just him getting used to NA ice, he was definitely improving as the game went on in that regard

Dermott is just plain solid, the kids going to be a good one

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Rosen is promising but he needs some work defensively, hopefully that's just him getting used to NA ice, he was definitely improving as the game went on in that regard

Dermott is just plain solid, the kids going to be a good one
I think rosen just needs some adjustment time. He turned it around after the 1st but was still a fraction of a step behind, but his skating made up for it.
I believe you alredy know I'm a dermott fanboy!
:D

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
The cringe is strong here.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Dermott was always in the right spot and didn't have to rush to get to where he was supposed to be. 5on5 rosen was a bit scrambly imo. His skating made up for it, but dermott was always in the right place at the right time. Might have been quiet but that's a good thing for a defensman.
Also his defensive play was great. The puck and player were seperated quickly and he moved the puck out well, then changed.

Dermott and Rosen looked like they're ready to challenge for 3rd. pairing. Rosen's play was more impressive coming on a new ice surface.

Next auditions coming up, and Marincin and Carrick are going to have to fight for their spots.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005

they both outplayed carrick by a mile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad